Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Losing power when I pull throttle all the way

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Matty MT
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 29 May 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:04 - 29 May 2016    Post subject: Losing power when I pull throttle all the way Reply with quote

Hi can sombody help me pls, I know bits about bike but I am stuck, I have had my Yamaha mt125 2016 for 2 months, but from new I didn't spot it because I was tryin to run it in correctly, but on the odd accessions I didn't, I found if I ease the throttle all the way to top rpm every thing is fine. But if I ease the throttle up mid rpm range then pull the throttle all the way, the engine makes a dull pitched noise, and I lose power.. Then I let go of the throttle and pull it again, then I can feel the power, can anybody help please thanks
____________________
Matthew christian
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:06 - 29 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still under warranty? Take it back to the dealer.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matty MT
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 29 May 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:44 - 29 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's goin in for its 600 miles service on Wednesday, hopefully they can fix it, it's jus I am too impatient lol, and if was an easy fix I would like to fix it myself, and I would like to know what the problem is so I could tell the mechanics in the dealership to get to the problem faster, and thank u for the fast reply
____________________
Matthew christian
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:50 - 29 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty MT wrote:
It's goin in for its 600 miles service on Wednesday, hopefully they can fix it, it's jus I am too impatient lol, and if was an easy fix I would like to fix it myself, and I would like to know what the problem is so I could tell the mechanics in the dealership to get to the problem faster, and thank u for the fast reply


It's their job and what you pay them for. Just give it back to them. If you dick around with it you run the risk of invalidating said warranty. Wink
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 29 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what is fitted to that bike but....

AN issue for some 'modern' bikes is when the battery is disconnected the ECM 'can' lose the information for where the min-max is for the Throttle. The procedure is:
Ignition on.
Do not start the engine.
Throttle all the way open.
Return to zero.
Off Ignition.
Ignition on and start.

That's on Fly-by-wire systems your bike may have a more simple mechanical cable. Sad

If in doubt dealer-ise it.
____________________
Disclaimer: The comments above may be predicted text and not necessarily the opinion of MCN.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:06 - 29 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Matty MT wrote:
It's goin in for its 600 miles service on Wednesday, hopefully they can fix it, it's jus I am too impatient lol, and if was an easy fix I would like to fix it myself, and I would like to know what the problem is so I could tell the mechanics in the dealership to get to the problem faster, and thank u for the fast reply


It's their job and what you pay them for. Just give it back to them. If you dick around with it you run the risk of invalidating said warranty. Wink


Best advice ever. Part of the premium you paid for a new bike was that it would do what it should.
____________________
https://www.metacafe.com/watch/1972097/how_to_behave_on_a_forum/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matty MT
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 29 May 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:31 - 29 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the advice guys, like I sed its goin in for its 600 mile service in a few day so I will let them know, it's jus always in the back of my mind wanting to know what it is, I will keep used informed on the problem when I find out thanks guys
____________________
Matthew christian
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 128 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.98 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 52.9 Kb