Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My trip to Heine Gericke (56k warning)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:39 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: My trip to Heine Gericke (56k warning) Reply with quote

I went to Heine Gericke as my first outing on the XJ600. Bumped into Kasandrich outside, small world.

My bank balance was decidedly light, so I definately wasn't going to buy anything....

https://82.34.47.133/bike/leathers/DSCI0010.JPG

Even came with some little HG knee sliders..

https://82.34.47.133/bike/leathers/DSCI0012.JPG

Time to bust out the power sander I think...

Anyway, those were £50!!, and they're zip together since I'm in the process of planning a track day.

Anyone got any of these? or any comments on them? They seem to have some kind of lining just inside the bottom of the leg that's specially designed so you get your foot caught in it when you put them on...

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:49 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the leather jacket that goes with those trousers. Very Happy

I got it cause it was cheap in the sale, are they still selling that kit off cheap as I might buy the leather trousers now. Smile
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got something similar from Gericke. They are pretty comfortable but tend to suffer from 'baggy arse' syndrome! Build quality is awesome too.£50 is a real good price!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:47 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be buying the jacket or one that matches fairly well quite soon.

Just because for track days they need to zip together.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well according to the kind gentleman at Hein Gericke Taunton, all HG Jackets and trousers zip together as standard even if they aren't same design. Smile
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris50cc
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 23 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:09 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is Heine Gericke the best place to go if your on a tight budget or was it because those were in a sale or something? How much was your jacket Jon B?
____________________
Live to the max
Live for the moment
Live forever!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:14 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid £100 for the jacket, down from £199.

Hein Gericke are relatively cheap, i'm guessing like most things the more you pay the better you get. Smile
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

strag
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:16 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to try an image resizer, there is one on here https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx or you can use paint etc. Makes easier viewing.
____________________
carbon bling
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

acer wrote:
You might want to try an image resizer, there is one on here https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx or you can use paint etc. Makes easier viewing.


Nice find, fixed.

I'm sure they do zip together with other styles, but obviously I'd quite like my leathers to match.

I think I will have to bust out the angle grinder on the knee sliders, I don't think anyone in the history of ever has ever achieved KD on an XJ600.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:04 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some hein gericke trousers that are textile/leather mix.

comfortable trousers, warmish and waterproof.

£150 but I spoke nicely too the lady in the shop and got them for £135.
Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:15 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vouch for them so much, i'm trying to understand why i'm not even working for them lol Razz . Yeh, get them on bargains and you're on a winner - i got my lid for pretty much 1/2 price, my textile jackets are also 1/2 price from them. Best get your kit now before summer and also cos HG just released their 05 catalogue/clothing range and will be looking to shift old stock soon.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

R6Armadillo
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:30 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have those trousers and the matching jacket, cost me £300 a couple of years ago when they were first released. I really like them, no major problems with either of them just a small rip in the jacket lining.

I know what you mean about the lining but you soon get the hang of doing it.
____________________
When Eric eats a banana, an amazing transformation occurs. Eric is Bananaman. Ever alert for the call to action.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m99dws
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:38 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
£150 but I spoke nicely too the lady in the shop and got them for £135.
Very Happy


Yeah I noticed you and the 40 year old shop lady had a bit of a 'thing' going on. Laughing Like one of those uncomfortable moments when you bump into someone you have slept with and forgot to call. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

0ni
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:00 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

m99dws wrote:


Yeah I noticed you and the 40 year old shop lady had a bit of a 'thing' going on. Laughing Like one of those uncomfortable moments when you bump into someone you have slept with and forgot to call. and forgotten their name
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:47 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

R6Armadillo wrote:
Hi, I have those trousers and the matching jacket, cost me £300 a couple of years ago when they were first released. I really like them, no major problems with either of them just a small rip in the jacket lining.

I know what you mean about the lining but you soon get the hang of doing it.


What is that bit of lining in the bottom of the leg for? It seems to serve no purpose other than to make them difficult to put on...

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil



Joined: 02 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my gear is from HG, stood up very well when i came off at reasonable speed. They even replaced the jacket after one of the zips was damaged when i came off. Like them so much i'm going on a track day organised by my local store!
J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.39 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 91.21 Kb