Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


How Far!???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

choogh
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 05 May 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:02 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: How Far!??? Reply with quote

Recently I have parked my bike on a uphill slope ( very very slight slope).
When I need to drive away I freewheel astern and down the slope.
Line up for the road and away I go.
Silly question, but I have been trying to freewheel down the slope without touching the ground with my feet.
How far can you go ???
My best is just short of a meter, say 2.1/2 ft.
Very Happy
____________________
Current Squadron:
R1200rt. Virago 535
Loro Sono tra noi.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

owl
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Oct 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:07 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/270/684/06c.jpg
____________________
Observation is the greatest source of wisdom.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:22 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: How Far!??? Reply with quote

choogh wrote:
Recently I have parked my bike on a uphill slope ( very very slight slope).
When I need to drive away I freewheel astern and down the slope.
Line up for the road and away I go.
Silly question, but I have been trying to freewheel down the slope without touching the ground with my feet.
How far can you go ???
My best is just short of a meter, say 2.1/2 ft.
Very Happy


https://s20.postimg.org/o45yg2rt9/Umm-_Yes-_I-_Have-_A-_Question.jpg
____________________
Riding: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer Occasionally Riding: 08 Suzuki SV650, Potato: 2011 Yamaha YBR Custom.
Used to ride: 2015 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer (smidsy) 09 Triumph Street Triple (P/X'd) 08 Yamaha YBR (Sold)
CBT 04/14. A: Mod 1 & 2 13/04/15
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 25 May 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting, very interesting.
____________________
CBF 125 -> CB400SF -> GSX600F -> ZX6R (G1) -> GSXR1000 K4 -> ZX6R (B1H Stunt bike) -> VFR800 -> R1 5PW -> Sprint 1050 -> Fireblade 929 -> ZX10R C2H -> GSXR1000 K3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:55 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

About tree fiddy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: How Far!??? Reply with quote

choogh wrote:
How far can you go ???

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/wwfeatures/live/384_216/images/live/p0/28/w7/p028w7q9.jpg
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:44 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: How Far!??? Reply with quote

choogh wrote:
freewheel down the slope without touching the ground with my feet.
How far can you go ???
My best is just short of a meter, say 2.1/2 ft.


Why wouldn't you be able to do it beyond the bottom of the slope?
If you're serious about 2.5ft then you probably shouldn't be allowed on a bike....
____________________
The above comment isn't necessarily the truth and anyone that says it is, is only correct if it's the truth or they're bigger than me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Analogkid
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 20 Jul 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:19 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: How Far!??? Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
choogh wrote:
freewheel down the slope without touching the ground with my feet.
How far can you go ???
My best is just short of a meter, say 2.1/2 ft.


Why wouldn't you be able to do it beyond the bottom of the slope?
If you're serious about 2.5ft then you probably shouldn't be allowed on a bike....


Having read the op several times, and deciphered the poor syntax and vague explanation, but my hunch is op is referring to freewheeling backwards, with feet up, still a stupid question, but 2.5’ makes more sense that way.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubbs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:33 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.5 knotts while bearing south westerly keeping weight to port
____________________
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UrbanRacer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:51 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to lose your balance one day and end up on the deck with your bike on top of you, please upload a video when it happens.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:15 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean, you are free wheeling backwards? Not forwards.

Because if forwards I live on top of a huge hill and often just set off in neutral and let the bike warm up, whilst I get to the bottom.

However I do often play traffic light balance, where I lift both feet just off the ground and count how long I can keep the bike straight, without having to put a foot down, I reckon my best is over 20 seconds.

Funnily enough, I was always the kid at school/uni and now work meetings who tries to balance on his chair for long periods.

I guess I too are odd.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Oct 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:19 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: How Far!??? Reply with quote

choogh wrote:
Recently I have parked my bike on a uphill slope ( very very slight slope).
When I need to drive away I freewheel astern and down the slope.
Line up for the road and away I go.
Silly question, but I have been trying to freewheel down the slope without touching the ground with my feet.
How far can you go ???
My best is just short of a meter, say 2.1/2 ft.
Very Happy


open garage door - roll out backwards down the drive between 2 cars onto the street, click into gear and away. No feet.

Cool
____________________
1993 RF400R - 2002 Bandit 1200 - 2012 1250 FA
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 27 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:34 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he means backwards.

I used to bmx a lot and riding fakie (backwards) was something I used to enjoy. Never tried it on the R6 though, bit more expensive if I drop it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this thread last night and thought wtf. I've read it again now and finally understood what OP was trying to ask. Confused
____________________
I want your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.
Suzuki GP125 Suzuki GSX600F Suzuki SV650S KTM EXC250F SkyTeam Bongo 125
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SnowdoniaRider
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:03 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: How Far!??? Reply with quote

Analogkid wrote:
Having read the op several times, and deciphered the poor syntax and vague explanation, but my hunch is op is referring to freewheeling backwards, with feet up, still a stupid question, but 2.5’ makes more sense that way.

OK. As you say, a stupid question then...
____________________
The above comment isn't necessarily the truth and anyone that says it is, is only correct if it's the truth or they're bigger than me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:12 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can manage about 2 car lengths, get it in gear and set off forwards (on a good day)

it's how I get out of my office parking space on a daily basis
____________________
Looking to pass your CBT / Bike tests in Bury Lancashire? try www.focusridertraining.co.uk Would recommend.
They're also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Focus-Rider-Training/196832923734251
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 113 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.68 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 94.77 Kb