Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Any GSXR1000K6 Owners?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Yorick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Any GSXR1000K6 Owners? Reply with quote

Quick Introduction

Hi, there. I’ve owned 6 GSXR1000s and a race one which tried to kill me at Mallory.

I was an instructor for Focused Events for 12 years, then moved to MSV as FE were owned by a knob Wink

I’m now living in Lanzarote, and trying to import my GSXR1000 L3




I’m trying to import my L3 into Spain but having trouble as the beam is flat. And it seems the Spanish version also has a flat beam, so even if I buy one of them, it won’t pass the strict laws here
It needs to kick up to the right here.

I’d like owners of K5/K6 to point their headlights at a wall and see if the beam kicks up to the left, effectively lighting up the kerb. Then I will know if there is a Spanish version doing the opposite.
My pal here has a Spanish model and his kicks up to the right



In fact, anybody with newish bikes could try it for me to see if there is a trend




Thanks in advance as the info will be very useful
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:06 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice of place to live. Bad choice of bike for the island.

I will see if my L0 does it. Might be a few days as battery is on its way. "Wots" on here is a litre rider and Lanzarote guy, I've ridden the island with him and I'm sure he'd attest that the 1000 is too much of a bike to even consider there Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:42 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Good choice of place to live. Bad choice of bike for the island.

I will see if my L0 does it. Might be a few days as battery is on its way. "Wots" on here is a litre rider and Lanzarote guy, I've ridden the island with him and I'm sure he'd attest that the 1000 is too much of a bike to even consider there Thumbs Up


Thanks, but all the lights from 2009 - 2016 are all the same. Have a flat beam. So I'm trying to find other models

ta Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:59 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah gotcha. Az on here might be able to assist in that case.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

almostthere
Traffic Copper



Joined: 28 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Spanish version also has a flat beam I can't see the problem
____________________
Beer, It's the reason I get up every afternoon
www.mfairco.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

almostthere wrote:
If the Spanish version also has a flat beam I can't see the problem


That's the problems. The Hitler at the test centre says NO.

I'm trying to get info to support my case. He didn't recognise symmetrical headlights.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar



Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:02 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
almostthere wrote:
If the Spanish version also has a flat beam I can't see the problem


That's the problems. The Hitler at the test centre says NO.

I'm trying to get info to support my case. He didn't recognise symmetrical headlights.


Go to a different test centre
____________________
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha:"Remember this simple rule - scooters are for men who like to feel the breeze on their huge, flapping cunt lips."
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:30 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:


Go to a different test centre


Aha, no, they have my details at one centre and will get suspicious if I go to another. I have already asked Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar



Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:


Go to a different test centre


Aha, no, they have my details at one centre and will get suspicious if I go to another. I have already asked Sad


Just say that the other centre is stuck in the 19th centry and doesn't understand about symetrical dipped beam. Then show them the testing instructions that say that symetical dipped beam is legal.
____________________
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha:"Remember this simple rule - scooters are for men who like to feel the breeze on their huge, flapping cunt lips."
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:44 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Just say that the other centre is stuck in the 19th centry and doesn't understand about symetrical dipped beam. Then show them the testing instructions that say that symetical dipped beam is legal.


2 problems with that. My Spanish is still rusty. And only 2 test centres on the island.

But seriously, I am trying to find something legal to show them to try to make them change their minds.
If I had testing instructions in Spanish I'd buy you all a beer Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:50 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest doing what everyone else does when they need to bypass Spanish bureaucracy, bribe the fella.
____________________
Things get better with age; I'm close to being magnificent........
20 RE Interceptor, 83 Z1100A3, 83 GS650 Katana
WooHoo, I'm a Man Point Millionaire! https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=234035
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:06 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
I would suggest doing what everyone else does when they need to bypass Spanish bureaucracy, bribe the fella.


I'm a Yorkshireman Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wots
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I will see if my L0 does it. Might be a few days as battery is on its way. "Wots" on here is a litre rider and Lanzarote guy, I've ridden the island with him and I'm sure he'd attest that the 1000 is too much of a bike to even consider there Thumbs Up
A long discussion in a bar between us.

Beautiful place, but the Guardia Civil will soon have you for even the slightest infraction on a litre bike. Maybe not the first time, guarantee they will be waiting for you.

Ask -Matt- the bum raping the spanish police gave him for being caught speeding.

Not forgetting the new average speed check cameras going up. Particularly Yaiza and on the way to Playa Blanca.

ITV is a pain particularly on imports as I understand it.
____________________
Currently: Yamaha DT 125 LC2,Repsol Fireblade, and Bumblebee MSX 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

wots wrote:
]A long discussion in a bar between us.

Beautiful place, but the Guardia Civil will soon have you for even the slightest infraction on a litre bike. Maybe not the first time, guarantee they will be waiting for you.

Ask -Matt- the bum raping the spanish police gave him for being caught speeding.

Not forgetting the new average speed check cameras going up. Particularly Yaiza and on the way to Playa Blanca.

ITV is a pain particularly on imports as I understand it.


Yup, we've noticed the average speed cameras. I used to ride on Sunday with the Nomadas as a couple of UK pals were in the club. Great lads and enjoyed the chat, but soon bored with the speed.

Now ride with a fast group of lads from San Bart. Crazy and fast, but really friendly

PS, I'm in Costa Teguise. You ?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:29 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's working hard. PDC.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wots
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:36 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually live in South London, I own an apartment in PDC, I'm currently working on my hard Brexit Laughing
____________________
Currently: Yamaha DT 125 LC2,Repsol Fireblade, and Bumblebee MSX 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:34 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plot thickened and then thickened a bit more LOL

My techie translator pal went to the local Suzuki dealer where the owner has his own 1000L6 2016 in the shop. It turns out that the 1,000 wasn't sold in Spain between 2012 and 2016 so he had to import it officially through his Suzuki shop and it took him 10 months.

So the headlights match coz his a UK bike LOL

But, the fact that he's managed to import it at all is good for us. He has lent us all the import paperwork for my pal to show the ITV folk tmrw, along with loads of photos.
And he has agreed to attent the ITV centre if needed. To show his bike and to speak as a representative of Suzuki

Fingers crossed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:57 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Any GSXR1000K6 Owners? Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
My pal here has a Spanish model and his kicks up to the right

So swap lights, pass test, get registered and then swap back...
Or am I missing something...
____________________
The above comment isn't necessarily the truth and anyone that says it is, is only correct if it's the truth or they're bigger than me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:00 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Any GSXR1000K6 Owners? Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
Yorick wrote:
My pal here has a Spanish model and his kicks up to the right

So swap lights, pass test, get registered and then swap back...
Or am I missing something...


His is the K6 2006. Mine's 2013.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:06 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Any GSXR1000K6 Owners? Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
Alpineandy wrote:
So swap lights, pass test, get registered and then swap back...
Or am I missing something...

His is the K6 2006. Mine's 2013.

Does that mean they're not compatible?
____________________
The above comment isn't necessarily the truth and anyone that says it is, is only correct if it's the truth or they're bigger than me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:19 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Any GSXR1000K6 Owners? Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:

Does that mean they're not compatible?


Not sure if you're taking the piss Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wots
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:37 - 07 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Any GSXR1000K6 Owners? Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
His is the K6 2006. Mine's 2013.
Lacks commitment, duct tape and cable ties!
____________________
Currently: Yamaha DT 125 LC2,Repsol Fireblade, and Bumblebee MSX 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:59 - 07 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Any GSXR1000K6 Owners? Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
Alpineandy wrote:

Does that mean they're not compatible?

Not sure if you're taking the piss Sad

I haven't looked properly at a GSXR for at least 15 years.
Are the light units not compatible?
It's only the headlight reflector/bowl that creates the field of light and for many years it was easy to swap between manufacturers, let alone models.
____________________
The above comment isn't necessarily the truth and anyone that says it is, is only correct if it's the truth or they're bigger than me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wots
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:25 - 07 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Any GSXR1000K6 Owners? Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
I haven't looked properly at a GSXR for at least 15 years.
Are the light units not compatible?
It's only the headlight reflector/bowl that creates the field of light and for many years it was easy to swap between manufacturers, let alone models.
The headlight is one of the parts that is usually changed as part of a facelift, as they like to make them uglier than the previous iteration.
____________________
Currently: Yamaha DT 125 LC2,Repsol Fireblade, and Bumblebee MSX 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:44 - 07 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Any GSXR1000K6 Owners? Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:

I haven't looked properly at a GSXR for at least 15 years.
Are the light units not compatible?
It's only the headlight reflector/bowl that creates the field of light and for many years it was easy to swap between manufacturers, let alone models.


K6 ....

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/111475649363-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

Mine....

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/gallery/2012-suzuki-gsxr-1000/2012-suzuki-gsxr-1000-1.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 89 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 0.74 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 130.97 Kb