|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Hahadumball |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hahadumball World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Oct 2015 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:51 - 30 Jun 2018 Post subject: [CAR] almera 2.2 dci central locking woes |
 |
|
popped into sainsbury, locked the car with the fob on the key, got back to it attempted to unlock and nothing.. nada
only has 1 key hole on the passenger side so climbed over tried to unlock it using the electric button that unlocks all the doors and nada.. not a sausage.. locked using the same button it locked the passenger door, key fob locks the doors, the manual button on the lock of the drivers door does nothing its just floppy, none of the central locking works to unlock just locks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIY99m2oPbk ____________________ Fin: no matter how much I look at It I can't understand what was going through my head, all I remember is going about 80 and redlining it to stop it seizing.
360 Deg... Five 1/4 turns. :- Teflon-Mike 18 Jan 2015 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WD Forte |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WD Forte World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Jun 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:59 - 30 Jun 2018 Post subject: |
 |
|
Buy 4 of these mebbe?
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/6h0AAOSwTA9X5O8H/s-l300.jpg
srsly tho, it could be a few things
Fuses, fob battery, relays, connections etc so i'd RTFM and see if there are any Almera forums with related topics to give clues.
My Galaxy had broken door cables
and I had to repair a few to get the CL to work.
Sometimes it goes wonky if I fuck about with the fob.
nor sure why
I found disconnecting the battery for say 10 minutes resets it
and it goes back to normal ____________________ bikers smell of wee |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hahadumball |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hahadumball World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Oct 2015 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mark65 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mark65 World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 May 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:51 - 02 Jul 2018 Post subject: |
 |
|
Is this the car that just got trashed by Nardo in an artic?
Sorry, other than checking the fuses, all I can do is sympathise. My C3 decided to apply a literal deadlock strategy, and I could only open it from the inside by winding the window down and putting the key into the driver's lock from the outside.
Eventually I just put 12V down the wires to each lock to force them open, then pulled the central locking fuse so that they could never lock again. Then sold it. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bugeye_bob |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bugeye_bob World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Sep 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:38 - 02 Jul 2018 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hahadumball |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hahadumball World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Oct 2015 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:22 - 03 Jul 2018 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Rogerborg wrote: | Is this the car that just got trashed by Nardo in an artic?
Sorry, other than checking the fuses, all I can do is sympathise. My C3 decided to apply a literal deadlock strategy, and I could only open it from the inside by winding the window down and putting the key into the driver's lock from the outside.
Eventually I just put 12V down the wires to each lock to force them open, then pulled the central locking fuse so that they could never lock again. Then sold it. |
new almera, the old one was never any trouble, this one is newer, less miles, cleaner and more problematic.
disconnected the battery and reset the key, all appears to be fine now ____________________ Fin: no matter how much I look at It I can't understand what was going through my head, all I remember is going about 80 and redlining it to stop it seizing.
360 Deg... Five 1/4 turns. :- Teflon-Mike 18 Jan 2015 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 8 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|