Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


[CAR] almera 2.2 dci central locking woes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 30 Jun 2018    Post subject: [CAR] almera 2.2 dci central locking woes Reply with quote

popped into sainsbury, locked the car with the fob on the key, got back to it attempted to unlock and nothing.. nada

only has 1 key hole on the passenger side so climbed over tried to unlock it using the electric button that unlocks all the doors and nada.. not a sausage.. locked using the same button it locked the passenger door, key fob locks the doors, the manual button on the lock of the drivers door does nothing its just floppy, none of the central locking works to unlock just locks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIY99m2oPbk
____________________
Fin: no matter how much I look at It I can't understand what was going through my head, all I remember is going about 80 and redlining it to stop it seizing.
360 Deg... Five 1/4 turns. :- Teflon-Mike 18 Jan 2015
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:59 - 30 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy 4 of these mebbe?
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/6h0AAOSwTA9X5O8H/s-l300.jpg

srsly tho, it could be a few things
Fuses, fob battery, relays, connections etc so i'd RTFM and see if there are any Almera forums with related topics to give clues.

My Galaxy had broken door cables
and I had to repair a few to get the CL to work.
Sometimes it goes wonky if I fuck about with the fob.
nor sure why
I found disconnecting the battery for say 10 minutes resets it
and it goes back to normal
____________________
bikers smell of wee
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:16 - 01 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it continues today i will take the battery off and give it a go, go ta new fob battery just got to get the screw out some ham fisted fuck tightened to within an inch of its life then killed the head.
____________________
Fin: no matter how much I look at It I can't understand what was going through my head, all I remember is going about 80 and redlining it to stop it seizing.
360 Deg... Five 1/4 turns. :- Teflon-Mike 18 Jan 2015
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark65
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:56 - 02 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have to reset the central locking, I had too on mine as it would not work one day, just google it, there is a few different ways.
____________________
07 Yamaha YBR125, 07 Honda CG125 , 15 CBR300R (Chocolate Crank, Deaded), 16 CB500FA, 19 Honda Forza 300, 70 Suzuki SV650
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:51 - 02 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the car that just got trashed by Nardo in an artic?

Sorry, other than checking the fuses, all I can do is sympathise. My C3 decided to apply a literal deadlock strategy, and I could only open it from the inside by winding the window down and putting the key into the driver's lock from the outside.

Eventually I just put 12V down the wires to each lock to force them open, then pulled the central locking fuse so that they could never lock again. Then sold it.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 02 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d32ZWHrJDPc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:22 - 03 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Is this the car that just got trashed by Nardo in an artic?

Sorry, other than checking the fuses, all I can do is sympathise. My C3 decided to apply a literal deadlock strategy, and I could only open it from the inside by winding the window down and putting the key into the driver's lock from the outside.

Eventually I just put 12V down the wires to each lock to force them open, then pulled the central locking fuse so that they could never lock again. Then sold it.


new almera, the old one was never any trouble, this one is newer, less miles, cleaner and more problematic.

disconnected the battery and reset the key, all appears to be fine now
____________________
Fin: no matter how much I look at It I can't understand what was going through my head, all I remember is going about 80 and redlining it to stop it seizing.
360 Deg... Five 1/4 turns. :- Teflon-Mike 18 Jan 2015
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.91 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 53.34 Kb