|
|
| Author |
Message |
| izzi81 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 izzi81 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 24 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:04 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: buying from breakers |
 |
|
I'm trying to find a spare seat for my zx6r and after chasing several around ebay and all of them going for more than I expected I'm considering trying breakers to source one as I'm thinking seats should be reasonably common (more common than fairing panels anyway!)
What I'm wondering is whether I can haggle with breakers? What's normal, to accept whatever price they offer, or to say nahh I'll pay you less than that? ____________________ "The problem with the French is they have no word for 'entrepreneur' " George W Bush
Age doesn't matter unless you're a cheese
https://www.bikepics.com/members/izzi81 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cagiva gezzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cagiva gezzer World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:10 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't phone them, get them to phone you by using partfinder or something. They phone you up trying to sell parts to you and it turns the tables. Its no longer you buying from them and wanting something from them. Its them wanting something from you.
Then you can say 'oh, sorry, i've just been offered the same one for £6 less. Could you match it?'
 ____________________ "because one stroke isnt enough and four strokes waste two" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scotsman37 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scotsman37 World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:27 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:02 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi
You can haggle a bit, but not that much really on something like that.
What are you after it for? We wanted one for the Bandit which we could cut down, so we did not care about the covering. Managed to get one cheap from a local breakers with a torn cover, but I suspect if we had just rung them up it would have escaped their mind (they said that they normally chuck damaged seats in the bin).
All the best
Keith ____________________ Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| izzi81 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 izzi81 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 24 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:08 - 19 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
thanks for the replies. I'm looking for one to get it cut down, so I can get more than just my tiptoes on the ground! Obviously I don't want to cut up the only seat I have So I guess it is worth mentioning to breakers that I am not looking for one in perfect condition....
wow that website you mentioned lists a seat for £40! that's the most expensive I've seen yet. On ebay they always seem to go for about £25 although I remember missing one that went for about £16. I don't want to pay a lot because I'm going to have to pay someone else another £20 to get it cut down! ____________________ "The problem with the French is they have no word for 'entrepreneur' " George W Bush
Age doesn't matter unless you're a cheese
https://www.bikepics.com/members/izzi81 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 198 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|