|
|
| Ride in your shorts and tshirts? |
| yes |
|
3% |
[ 2 ] |
| no |
|
96% |
[ 53 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 55 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| The Tot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Tot World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:23 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I voted 'no' but I'll quantify.
- You'll never see me in shorts. Ever. I've seen corpses with better skin tone.
- If I'm going out on my bike, it's generally either cos I'm going for a hoon, or commuting to work. Neither of which are terribly condusive to not wearing something reasonably protective.
- If I'm riding it down to Tesco or somewhere round town, I'll go in a t-shirt if I feel like it. Though even then, I'm more likely to chuck my jacket over the top and not bother zipping it up. Civvy trousers are fair game though. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BlackSheep |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BlackSheep Trackday Trickster

Joined: 22 Sep 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Claud 14.7 to 1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Claud 14.7 to 1 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:33 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you are going to pratt around with wheelies and leanage, full leathers are the only option IMO.
I think I must have ridden a few times with no protection lower or upper. 99.9% it's at least jacket/gloves/boots with jeans for me, ie when not riding fast. I might be tempted to ride out in jeans/t-shirt this Summer, but if I did I would ride very very very carefully, and I expect it would only be at slow speeds - around town. Maybe to the shops or something.
If you come off in jeans (and full other protection) it hurts enough, even at low speed. 
Last edited by Claud 14.7 to 1 on 17:36 - 18 Mar 2005; edited 2 times in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Zoffo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Zoffo Brolly Dolly

Joined: 01 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GreigR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GreigR Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:38 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
You wouldnt catch me riding with shorts on as Blacksheep said a fresh friction burn is not a pretty sight.
At the end of the day when you come off wearing shorts you'll be regretting it for a very long time only because you couldnt arsed to put on some decent gear.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ..... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:00 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
No way, all that changes in the summer is that I go from textile protection to leathers.  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ginguar |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ginguar Traffic Copper

Joined: 19 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:08 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Same reason as bendy. I tend to wear Trousers 24/7. My legs are dull chickeny white, and the hairyness is just enough to look dirty. I have alot of leg muscle, just still loathe my legs.
Usually in summer i will be seen wearing light jeans, my toe cap boots/sidi verts, t-shirt, and gloves (more for gearchanges then safety). But if im going for a hoon as far as im concerned why not stick on some protection. But a toddle to college in just a shirt... who cares.
I do hate the power ranger snobbery though, when you are in gear they nod, when your nto... whoa no. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:10 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
One thing people should remember and Bonny reminded me of this. Why put protection on a long ride and not a short one? It's still just as easy to bin it.  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dom World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EuropeanNC30R... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EuropeanNC30R... Gay Hairdresser
Joined: 20 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| headlamp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 headlamp World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| v4forlife |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 v4forlife Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 31 Mar 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:39 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
nope, done it once, and i felt so scared and vulnarable
i dont have leathers yet, so its jeans and another layer on bottom, textile or summer mesh like jacket on top, and always gloves helmet and boots. ____________________ www.wilcollinsphoto.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| alliamc |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 alliamc Nearly there...

Joined: 04 Jun 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:50 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I went on the back of my mate's bike once a few years ago without any leathers, just a strappy top and trousers, I felt so vulnerable I didn't enjoy the ride as much as I do when I'm armoured up. And when it's me riding I definately wear it all!! (I'm only a learner) ____________________ Alli x
https://www.bikepics.com/members/alliamc/ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fruit'n'nut |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fruit'n'nut Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 11 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mrchips |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mrchips World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Mar 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:08 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
If I'm just going to the shop and back I probably won't bother but if I'm going for a proper thrash I will put my jacket on. Funny thing is since I have been wearing textile trousers all winter, I feel vulnerable wearing jeans. Gettin' leathers in the summer though. Though as my da once said, you don't need a long road to fall off.
The sillyest thing was getting a bit carried away and bombing it down narrow country lanes at 80mph in tracksuit bottoms and t shirt. ____________________ Northern Irish? www.nibikers.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fruit'n'nut |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fruit'n'nut Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 11 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:11 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
FWIW, I'm an always-wear-leathers type - I don't seem to get too hot in mine  ____________________ Power Ranger  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:14 - 18 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodsi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodsi Dirty Carny

Joined: 06 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| extreme3d |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 extreme3d World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Dec 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 199 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|