Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Help non mechanic zxr6 non start

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

supermatrix
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Help non mechanic zxr6 non start Reply with quote

Hi All

ok the bike ZX6R 1995

Bike was running although a slight jumping at low revs (could go to 3k revs with little power and then would suddenly kick in) this was a week ago. now bike will not start at all, Kill switch is in run, ignition on , bike is in neutral, fuel is ok and on, I have sparks to all plugs, the fuel pump does kick out fuel (dont know how fast this should flow its not like a full flow like when you take a pipe of the tank) but there is no noise from the pump when I turn the ignition on ?? I have tried to put fuel directly into each carb but the fuel just splatter out, the battery is ok but to be sure I had it setup on a jump lead.

Can anyone assist??
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:12 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Re: Help non mechanic zxr6 non start Reply with quote

Try draining the carbs (should be screws on the bottom of them to drain) and use a fresh fuel supply.

This can be a particular problem if it hasn't been run for a while and some water has collected in the tank from condensation.

When I had this on my zx9 it would not run at all at low revs, but was ok if I revved it a lot.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

supermatrix
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:55 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheer G I will try that tommorow the bike had been standing for about 3 mnths before I purchased, but have done about 80 miles since.

I will try and then post results back.

Regards
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

supermatrix
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:25 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou G

This I done at the weekend and is now starting

Thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bish777
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:21 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a real condensation problem due to my pod filters and having no garage lol

I found draping a piece of tarpaulin over the bike with a towel underneath stops the worst of it.
____________________
GSXR1100J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 189 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.81 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 43.27 Kb