|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Silky |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Silky Nova Slayer

Joined: 03 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kram |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kram World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ric |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ric Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 22 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Liverpoolrobb... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Liverpoolrobb... Crazy Courier

Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:31 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have mirrors on my bike but they move position once you go over 3mph, so effectively, they're useless. Id take them off if I had a 20mm spanner available
I now just do shoulder checks and lifesavers all the time. Will get some new mirrors sometime soon though, just incase. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:33 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Mirrors are not a legal requirement, can quite happily pass an MOT without them. I found riding on the roads without them not a problem other than not being able to see who or what is behind you without looking over your shoulder although this was mainly on motorways and fast roads where you've got more of an interest in what car is behind you.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cc123 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cc123 Geez a joab?

Joined: 17 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| awj72 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 awj72 Trackday Trickster

Joined: 10 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:37 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris___ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris___ Brolly Dolly

Joined: 13 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:40 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't have them on my bike but I will be getting some on there as I'm sick off having to look right over my shoulder constantly. ____________________ Yamaha rxs100 > Kawasaki ZZR600 > Kawasaki ZX6R > Honda Hornet 600 > Honda Bros 400 > Suzuki SV650S K2
Bikepics page |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mrchips |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mrchips World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Mar 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:37 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I couldn't live without them. The only time I look over my shoulders is before I move off, moving into other lanes, or coming off roundabouts. ____________________ Northern Irish? www.nibikers.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Josh|RD125LC |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Josh|RD125LC World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:45 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I haven't had mirrors since I last came off in January and I seem to do fine without them, I think it encourages you to look more, rather then look in you mirrors all the time. ____________________ Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:50 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I wouldn't personally go without mirrors, I'd at least have to have one right hand one. I had a single bar-end mirror on my AJS, which used to just vibrate like mad. You could tell a car was behind you, and what colour but that was about it. The Enfield has surprisingly good mirrors - once the revs hit about 2k, the vibrations smooth out and you can see quite well. ____________________ Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet
[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tatters |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tatters Exxon Valdez

Joined: 05 Jan 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:51 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Liverpoolrobbie wrote: | coppers rape you if you dont have a right hand mirror when on the road |
most classic pre-1970,s bikes don,t have mirrors or inducators(people do fit aftermarket though). which is why they are still not a legal requirement on a bike. so theres no way the police are going to bust people for no mirrors. ____________________ Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jrod |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jrod Page 3 Girl

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:51 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| vlf |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 vlf Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 11 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:39 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I never had any mirrors on my NSR whilst it had no fairing. I was stopped by the police and they didn't even notice
It wasn't a problem, as I was used to it - certainly improved my shoulder checks. With mirrors on I find I tend to rely on them a little too much. However, I still like to know what is behind me all the time so mirrors are an
Shaun - you really should put yours back on. ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:42 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I couldn't live without them nowadays I got so used to using them, I went on the oushbike the other day and I kept looking to the right in hope there was a mirror there.  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| divuk83 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 divuk83 World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nath |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nath World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:00 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I use mirrors loads and would be lost without them. I always wear my scarf whilst riding unless for a very short journey, and it restricts my ability to look around a bit. It'd be too annoying trying to look over my shoulders every minute or so.
The mirrors on my Bros are quite small - Alot less view than on the CG125 - And have already caught me out a few times with their massive blind spots. At the end of a long ride on Monday I pulled onto the ringroad via a sliproad and nearly went straight into a car I put it down to tiredness, and thinking about just being pulled over the police, but it's really reinforced how large the blindspot is with these mirrors. Gonna have to get used to more shoulder checks. ____________________ Hard livin', hard luck. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marc_Buck |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marc_Buck Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 31 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:58 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I can't imagine life without mirrors.
And for the benefit they give, weighed up against the cosmetic gains...is a no brainer to me
But its your bike and essentially your funeral, and it's legal, so do what makes you happy.
Gaz |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marc_Buck |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marc_Buck Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 31 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:39 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
My mirrors broke, otherwise i would have them, of course i am not recommending not having them.
For me to get new mirrors would involve drilling out the bits that snapped in, i really just cant be bothered, looks better as well without them. ____________________ 94 fzr600r |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|