|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Kawasaki Jimbo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kawasaki Jimbo World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Oct 2015 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:40 - 22 Nov 2020 Post subject: Fuse box. |
 |
|
I've taken the back cover off the fuse box and there's a bit of corrosion there, although the blades for fuses and connectors look good. I'd like to see what's on the other side of the circuit board but I'm not sure if I'm going to break it by prying it out. I can the lift edge opposite the connectors. Will it come, or are they bonded in?
https://i.postimg.cc/y36sn2cS/IMG-2522.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/VrWzqzr8/IMG-2523.jpg
Last edited by Kawasaki Jimbo on 19:52 - 22 Nov 2020; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WD Forte |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WD Forte World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Jun 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 02:00 - 23 Nov 2020 Post subject: |
 |
|
Some or all of the connectors will most likely be latched into the plastic moulding. The question is how is the PCB attached to the connectors?
I'd try pushing the connectors in while gently prying the opposite side and see if it'll kind of slide out. I dimly recall the one on my GPZ500 coming apart something like that so I could get at a microrelay. The PCB wasn't bonded in as such but the connectors had to be wiggled back through the moulding to get it apart. ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kawasaki Jimbo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kawasaki Jimbo World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Oct 2015 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:42 - 28 Nov 2020 Post subject: |
 |
|
Got it. I was expecting the circuit board to slide out sideways leaving the connector block in the housing. However, when I prised all around the board it lifted straight upwards and out. The three components you see in the picture sit on top of each other. Four screws and a backboard then keep it all together.
Inside it looks visually perfect so I'll put it back. I was looking for any possible cause for the ZX6's parasitic draw which I've mentioned before. I haven't been able to verify that with a meter but my R1 can sit unused for months without ruining its battery whereas the Kawasaki won't. A bigger battery (ytz12s) didn't help and it too is now beyond resuscitation. The solution would have been to keep an eye on the battery or use both bikes regularly but laziness/forgetfulness, no electricity in the garage, and a preference for the Yamaha this summer spoiled that plan.
Instead I have a workaround in the shape of a Gunson smart battery alert. Hopefully I'll hear the reminder as soon as the battery needs charging even if I haven't open the garage door.
https://i.postimg.cc/SRzLbwSv/IMG-2529.jpg |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| A100man |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 A100man World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Aug 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:52 - 28 Nov 2020 Post subject: |
 |
|
A simpler solution would be to disconnect the earth if leaving for any length of time. ____________________ Now: A100, SRX250, XJ598, FZ750, SL1000
Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600, Skorpion, GT 250 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kawasaki Jimbo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kawasaki Jimbo World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Oct 2015 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| xX-Alex-Xx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 xX-Alex-Xx World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 Sep 2019 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kawasaki Jimbo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kawasaki Jimbo World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Oct 2015 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 5 years, 304 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|