Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:32 - 21 Aug 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018GWGXGS?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title

I like that Castrol one too


Sadly it cant be a straight one as one of the uses I need it for is the air suspension which it wont fit on. It needs to be angled. I didnt think of an old one though so following both your examples I found a dunlop one for a few quid. Thumbs Up
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:56 - 21 Aug 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old is almost always best, i still have my grandfathers one from the garage he ran in the 50s. I've had more modern stuff but it lasts about 3 years then disintegrates.
____________________
2017 Z1000SX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Aug 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:56 - 25 Aug 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuckin adverts all over the place on thsi forum Evil or Very Mad - in the threads and everywhere - just last week or so. Makes it almost unusable. I'm on Chrome but will try the Duck one.
____________________
Now: A100, SRX250, XJ598, FZ750, SL1000

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600, Skorpion, GT 250
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 25 Aug 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

adblock plus filters them out for me
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:15 - 01 Sep 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfords.

They do such terrible things to people's bicycles and they don't care about the quality of their work.

It's not difficult to do both wheels up before handing it back to the customer. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:07 - 05 Sep 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Halfords.

They do such terrible things to people's bicycles and they don't care about the quality of their work.

It's not difficult to do both wheels up before handing it back to the customer. Rolling Eyes


I wouldn't want Halfords involved in anything mechanical with anything I own but on the plus side, £33 for my battery with my trade card instead of £45.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:13 - 09 Sep 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demolition contractors

Not content with slicing through a 24 core fibre cable, they did it in just the right location to make it difficult to repair.

And didn't tell anyone they'd done it.
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:00 - 15 Sep 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schipol airport. EVERY single part of it, that and NATS.

1.5 hours to get through security. Another 1 hour to get through passport control. Easyjet pilots still running out of flying hours so the plane that came to get us was 2 hours late leaving the UK. Got to the Airport at 5.40pm. Finally departed just after 11pm.

As a wider European issue

UK digital passports are now 'digital' only at UK airports as all Schengen countries now require face and biometric data for you to use their E gates. Apparently the only places you can register that data are EU airports.

Brexit still proving it was and still is a complete cluster fcuk.

That's it for me and European flying / travel.
____________________
2017 Z1000SX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:29 - 30 Sep 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some cvnt at work gave me the lurgy, a week before I fly off on my hols. FFS Brick Wall She then blithely told me her husband was in bed for two weeks with it. I fly in ten days. Brick Wall

I will have to be fully Lemsipped up to get through the work before I go Mad
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 01 Oct 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

People grind my gears. What is the need for fucking drama all the time.

The Mrs (who is also a vet) has had a dog in today for a fairly major operation. All gone well, not particularly worried about it now because the problem's been fixed. Discharged home to recover in a familiar environment. Owner is special needs, was accompanied by a carer when he came for it. All the dog needs to do tonight is lie quiety in bed with a bowl of water in its vicinity, no medicines to give and it's coming back in in the morning for a check over.

Enter owners sister on the phone, who is not remotely in the vicinity. Doesn't think the dog should be left with her brother. It was discharged with a responsible party and to my mind, there my wifes responsabilty ends adn I've said so. Sister has just been back on the phone, clearly off her face on something (I could hear her on the speaker phone) winding herself up to level 11 drama. It's unclear what exactly she wants my wife to do about it. I suspect even if she offered to drive round to the guys house, take the dog off him and let it sleep in her own bed, it wouldn't be enough.

I've said to my wife it's not her responsability to deal with this shit but she's terrified that if something goes wrong she'll be held responsible for it and has agreed to call the carer to check up on things. Only the sister doesn't have a phone number for the carer. So my wife, having already worked a 14 hour day is now going back in to work to find said number to call the carer.

This grinds me two ways:

1) The utterly unecessary drama. I was just hearing it on speaker phone and had an overwhelming urge to reach through the speaker and give her a good solid ding upside the earhole.

2) That we live in a society so fucked up that my wife feels it's her responsability to sort this shit out having discharged the dog into the care of a responsable adult. She's so terrified of someone complaining and dragging her into their personal chaos (and it can and does happen) that she's now off on a 90 minute round trip, after being at work for 14 hours to go and find a phone number to sort it out.

Meanwhile, I garauntee the dog will be asleep in bed feeling better than it has for a few weeks.

I personally would have dealt with the sister less sympathetically. I'm not a social worker and she's not my client. Ok, I'd have stopped short of being actually rude but if he's not fit to be left in charge of a dog, why does he have one?
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:58 - 02 Oct 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Enter owners sister on the phone, who is not remotely in the vicinity. Doesn't think the dog should be left with her brother.


Diagnosis at a distance, always a winning strategy Neutral
____________________
Royal Enfield Continental GT 535, Husqvarna Vitpilen 401, Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:37 - 02 Oct 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the sister was that concerned she could have got off her FLA and gone around there and actually helped instead of babbling psychodrama at anyone forced to listen.

You really do wish you could extend the ACME hand of help and reach out the phone and slap the stupid right out of them.
____________________
2017 Z1000SX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:03 - 02 Oct 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of my sister’s stories of when she was a primary school teacher. Some of the parents would go out of their way to knock what they saw as an authority figure, making complaints on the flimsiest pretexts. “You shouted at my daughter yesterday,” that sort of thing. The kids weren’t so bothered but the parents were over-compensating for their own poor parenting and failure at school. This was the extent of their adulthood.

I was going to ramble on with a couple of corner shop customer-relations stories but what I’m actually saying is never work with the public. They’re all bastards.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:53 - 02 Oct 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they've been brought up before, the NHS - anyone heard of them?
Fucking useless...

I wear hearing aids and so get batteries provided, fantastic I don't have to pay for them, well happy... or I should be.
Except the only place I can get them is the city centre hospital miles away from me with stupidly difficult parking. They also supposedly send them out if I phone up and ask, only they don't and deem my call unnecessary to follow through it seems. Last few times I had to call 3-4 times and request them before I actually received any, which leaves me almost running out.
There used to be a text service to order them, but this got cancelled. I can't pick any up from near me because I live just across the county border, and of course the different counties don't talk to each other. And any GP's in the right county closer to me say I have to be registered with them, but I've got one just round the corner I'm already registered with thank you very much. Rolling Eyes
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 02 Oct 2026    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
I'm sure they've been brought up before, the NHS - anyone heard of them?
Fucking useless...

I wear hearing aids and so get batteries provided, fantastic I don't have to pay for them, well happy... or I should be.
Except the only place I can get them is the city centre hospital miles away from me with stupidly difficult parking. They also supposedly send them out if I phone up and ask, only they don't and deem my call unnecessary to follow through it seems. Last few times I had to call 3-4 times and request them before I actually received any, which leaves me almost running out.
There used to be a text service to order them, but this got cancelled. I can't pick any up from near me because I live just across the county border, and of course the different counties don't talk to each other. And any GP's in the right county closer to me say I have to be registered with them, but I've got one just round the corner I'm already registered with thank you very much. Rolling Eyes


The theme of the 21st Century is Systemic Cruelty.
____________________
Royal Enfield Continental GT 535, Husqvarna Vitpilen 401, Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.54 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 90.67 Kb