|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Polarbear |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Polarbear Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| UncleFester |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 UncleFester World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| A100man |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 A100man World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Aug 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:56 - 25 Aug 2026 Post subject: |
 |
|
fuckin adverts all over the place on thsi forum - in the threads and everywhere - just last week or so. Makes it almost unusable. I'm on Chrome but will try the Duck one. ____________________ Now: A100, SRX250, XJ598, FZ750, SL1000
Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600, Skorpion, GT 250 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| panrider_uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 panrider_uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:15 - 01 Sep 2026 Post subject: |
 |
|
Halfords.
They do such terrible things to people's bicycles and they don't care about the quality of their work.
It's not difficult to do both wheels up before handing it back to the customer.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| recman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 recman World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Mar 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| panrider_uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 panrider_uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| UncleFester |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 UncleFester World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:29 - 30 Sep 2026 Post subject: |
 |
|
Some cvnt at work gave me the lurgy, a week before I fly off on my hols. FFS She then blithely told me her husband was in bed for two weeks with it. I fly in ten days.
I will have to be fully Lemsipped up to get through the work before I go  ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:09 - 01 Oct 2026 Post subject: |
 |
|
People grind my gears. What is the need for fucking drama all the time.
The Mrs (who is also a vet) has had a dog in today for a fairly major operation. All gone well, not particularly worried about it now because the problem's been fixed. Discharged home to recover in a familiar environment. Owner is special needs, was accompanied by a carer when he came for it. All the dog needs to do tonight is lie quiety in bed with a bowl of water in its vicinity, no medicines to give and it's coming back in in the morning for a check over.
Enter owners sister on the phone, who is not remotely in the vicinity. Doesn't think the dog should be left with her brother. It was discharged with a responsible party and to my mind, there my wifes responsabilty ends adn I've said so. Sister has just been back on the phone, clearly off her face on something (I could hear her on the speaker phone) winding herself up to level 11 drama. It's unclear what exactly she wants my wife to do about it. I suspect even if she offered to drive round to the guys house, take the dog off him and let it sleep in her own bed, it wouldn't be enough.
I've said to my wife it's not her responsability to deal with this shit but she's terrified that if something goes wrong she'll be held responsible for it and has agreed to call the carer to check up on things. Only the sister doesn't have a phone number for the carer. So my wife, having already worked a 14 hour day is now going back in to work to find said number to call the carer.
This grinds me two ways:
1) The utterly unecessary drama. I was just hearing it on speaker phone and had an overwhelming urge to reach through the speaker and give her a good solid ding upside the earhole.
2) That we live in a society so fucked up that my wife feels it's her responsability to sort this shit out having discharged the dog into the care of a responsable adult. She's so terrified of someone complaining and dragging her into their personal chaos (and it can and does happen) that she's now off on a 90 minute round trip, after being at work for 14 hours to go and find a phone number to sort it out.
Meanwhile, I garauntee the dog will be asleep in bed feeling better than it has for a few weeks.
I personally would have dealt with the sister less sympathetically. I'm not a social worker and she's not my client. Ok, I'd have stopped short of being actually rude but if he's not fit to be left in charge of a dog, why does he have one? ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Easy-X |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Easy-X Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Mar 2019 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| UncleFester |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 UncleFester World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kawasaki Jimbo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kawasaki Jimbo World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Oct 2015 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:53 - 02 Oct 2026 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm sure they've been brought up before, the NHS - anyone heard of them?
Fucking useless...
I wear hearing aids and so get batteries provided, fantastic I don't have to pay for them, well happy... or I should be.
Except the only place I can get them is the city centre hospital miles away from me with stupidly difficult parking. They also supposedly send them out if I phone up and ask, only they don't and deem my call unnecessary to follow through it seems. Last few times I had to call 3-4 times and request them before I actually received any, which leaves me almost running out.
There used to be a text service to order them, but this got cancelled. I can't pick any up from near me because I live just across the county border, and of course the different counties don't talk to each other. And any GP's in the right county closer to me say I have to be registered with them, but I've got one just round the corner I'm already registered with thank you very much.  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Easy-X |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Easy-X Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Mar 2019 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:27 - 02 Oct 2026 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Feasty wrote: | I'm sure they've been brought up before, the NHS - anyone heard of them?
Fucking useless...
I wear hearing aids and so get batteries provided, fantastic I don't have to pay for them, well happy... or I should be.
Except the only place I can get them is the city centre hospital miles away from me with stupidly difficult parking. They also supposedly send them out if I phone up and ask, only they don't and deem my call unnecessary to follow through it seems. Last few times I had to call 3-4 times and request them before I actually received any, which leaves me almost running out.
There used to be a text service to order them, but this got cancelled. I can't pick any up from near me because I live just across the county border, and of course the different counties don't talk to each other. And any GP's in the right county closer to me say I have to be registered with them, but I've got one just round the corner I'm already registered with thank you very much.  |
The theme of the 21st Century is Systemic Cruelty. ____________________ Royal Enfield Continental GT 535, Husqvarna Vitpilen 401, Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
|