 |
|
 |

|
|
| Author |
Message |
| A100man |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 A100man World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Aug 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:35 - 02 Oct 2026 Post subject: Tank pin hole... Fuckit. |
 |
|
Dammit. After derusting, stripping, filling and priming the SRX tank I discover a tiny pin hole in one of teh bottom left corners wher you might expect.
Obvoisly it was blocked with ferrous oxide and paint previously
I'm not keen on teh faff of a liner. and I've sloshed soem oily fuel in there to prevent flash rust and any liner now adhering.. Anyone tried leading?
I've a MAP torch, plumbers solder, flux etc.. ____________________ Now: A100, SRX250, XJ598, FZ750, SL1000
Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600, Skorpion, GT 250 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Easy-X |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Easy-X Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Mar 2019 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:33 - 02 Oct 2026 Post subject: |
 |
|
Way, way.... WAY back when I had the Keeway Superlight, one of the first fixes I had to do was a tank leak. One of the little cups that rest on the rubber mounts left and right on the frame had popped a spot weld enough for petrol to migrate out. I sorted it with, wait for it, a dab of JB Weld
Seriously though, it needs to be the real JB Weld - the good stuff that takes 24+ hrs to cure. Seemed to be fine with petrol all the time I had it. ____________________ Royal Enfield Continental GT 535, Husqvarna Vitpilen 401, Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| A100man |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 A100man World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Aug 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:15 - 02 Oct 2026 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Easy-X wrote: | Way, way.... WAY back when I had the Keeway Superlight, one of the first fixes I had to do was a tank leak. One of the little cups that rest on the rubber mounts left and right on the frame had popped a spot weld enough for petrol to migrate out. I sorted it with, wait for it, a dab of JB Weld
Seriously though, it needs to be the real JB Weld - the good stuff that takes 24+ hrs to cure. Seemed to be fine with petrol all the time I had it. |
I've got some quiksteel epoxy putty I might try. Its good stuff generally and I'm fairly sure its fuel proof too. First I'm borrowing an endo scope to see how compromised it is from the inside. ____________________ Now: A100, SRX250, XJ598, FZ750, SL1000
Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600, Skorpion, GT 250 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
|
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum
|
Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.38 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 36.24 Kb
|