|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Dave-O |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dave-O Nova Slayer

Joined: 05 Feb 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:33 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: Missed chance! |
 |
|
I went to a bike meet last week that I usually attend every summer and had a mate from work come along on his R1. On the way back he motioned to me to pull over on this long straight.
He then said to me "do you want a go on the R1" I was totally stunned, he adores that bike and I ride a GS500f, the last thing I expected was that. What was my reply, to my own surprise I said no thanks, what the f"%k was I thinking, one half of me was saying yes yes yes, the other was saying, what if you drop it etc.
Just after we set off again, I was calling myself names and wondering what the f@%k I was thinking saying no. Even though his bike is insured for any rider, I would never be able to live with myself if I did drop it because knowing my luck, 2 seconds after I set off I would have a kamikazi pigeon.
How many of you, would of said yes right away, and said sod the consequences? ____________________ "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-- Albert Einstein |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Weed |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Weed Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 08 Oct 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:36 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd have done what you did....If I'd dropped it, I'd have killed me too  ____________________ "Just Believe" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:39 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
The dry R1 weighs almost exactly the same as the dry GS500. Its mass is probably better distributed too. Bet you're really kicking yourself now.. (I'd know I'd be far too scared of the thing, I'm not sure I'd trust myself even on a 400 ) ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush. 
Last edited by mchaggis on 20:40 - 01 May 2005; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fruit'n'nut |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fruit'n'nut Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 11 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dave-O |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dave-O Nova Slayer

Joined: 05 Feb 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gimpy limp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gimpy limp Nearly there...

Joined: 19 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:47 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nope, it sounds to me as though he was offering you a go on it. It was a long straight. I'm sure he'll offer you another go sooner or later, and you could always ask him if you felt inclined... ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mr.Everready |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mr.Everready World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gimpy limp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gimpy limp Nearly there...

Joined: 19 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dave-O |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dave-O Nova Slayer

Joined: 05 Feb 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:03 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
In that case, I should have pinned that f@%ker down the straight  ____________________ "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-- Albert Einstein |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gimpy limp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gimpy limp Nearly there...

Joined: 19 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Will87 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Will87 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 20 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:22 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I ride my old beans bikes sometimes, my license doesn't cover them and i have no insurance, but they are still fun . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dainesefreak |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dainesefreak World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Apr 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:53 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Have you got a tin hat?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| VTR SP1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 VTR SP1 Brolly Dolly
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dave-O |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dave-O Nova Slayer

Joined: 05 Feb 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:16 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
His whole family ride bikes, VFR's and that, so he could have got it so that they could use his bike sometimes (not sure if he would let them though).
He has been riding for 12 years without ever making a claim, so his insurance company probably give him money to take a policy out  ____________________ "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-- Albert Einstein |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|