Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Brands hatch report

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 01 May 2005    Post subject: Brands hatch report Reply with quote

Left Chelmsford about 09:45 and arrived at brands hatch about an hour later.

3 of us, myself, Paulodd, and my dad on his BMW R80/7.

I was there to try and decide which of my bikes I should make into a track bike, the TZR or the MZ and also to see/meet G and the gang.

We arrived just as the TZRs set off (Yamaha Past Masters) with the lovely smelly 2 strokey goodness. Followed by the MZs, ugly things they are, horribly ugly. Pic HERE The minitwins came later on, they sound nice, and most of the riders are intent on throwing their bikes into the kitty litter.

A few other races came and went, including the Forza Extreme which was mainly gixxer thou's but there was one Honda RS 250 which kept up amazingly well!

I took a wander around the paddock to find G arsing around on a unicycle. I also witnessed the big red van. But he was mid flow so I left him to it with a view to coming back later, which didn't happen.

G went out, and raced very well, seemed to be making up places every time I saw him. Pic HERE Pic2 HERE Pic3 HERE The interval saw every bemsee racer that day do a slow procession around the track in memory of the lad lost at Lydden last month lead by his father. Full video here (15mb)

The afternoon saw more MZs, more TZRs, MZ novices in with some Honda RS125s, and the RS125s completely pissed all over the MZs that had double the capacity Shocked . Saw some more of G, I don't want to spoil his results, I'll let him tell you that. Fairly certain G's in there somewhere.
G just after paddock hill bend

I have so much more respect for Kickstart and others seeing the quality of their photos after the shockingness of mine.

Anyway, good day, I'm sunburnt and I have this mad urge to go and sort one of my race bikes. Which I think will be the MZ, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the TZR atm.

Gaz


Last edited by Gazdaman on 22:23 - 01 May 2005; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:07 - 01 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you should have come and said hello!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:10 - 01 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to interupt you guys. "Hi, I'm Gaz off the forum",..."who?". I was planning to come back later, but it never happened.

I was gonna put "Gazdaman woz 'ere" in the letters on the side of the van while you were watching G race.

Never would have thought I was the inconfident type...!

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 01 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
"Hi, I'm Gaz off the forum"


That's how everyone else has done it. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 01 May 2005    Post subject: Re: Brands hatch report Reply with quote

Cheers for the photos.

You should have come and said hi. Did you wander through the padock? I would definitely have a chat with some MZ racers, everyone's really friendly, in my experience, so no problems going up and asking stupid questions Smile.
[edit]Actually read the post, Unicycling in full bike gear may not be the most sane of things to be doing, but we're not that bad Smile[/edit]

The first day of my report will be up soon (Thursday), with more to follow.

Didn't really have a great weekend. Previously I had only crashed once before on track. Managed to crash three times in three days Neutral.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:20 - 01 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did walk through the paddock, I stood outside your camp zero for a minute, impressed with the tin foil on the R/H fairing. Wearing a blue cap and some sunglasses. I think I recognised Ste? Bendy? Swaffs?

I was standing at paddock hill waiting for you to come round on the last lap, but alas, where's G.

And we found you

Be interesting to read your side of it, I didn't see you come off, just wondered where the hell you went.

[EDIT]We saw you do your race so thought we'd come and say hi, just to see your leathers with their tell tales little blue bits on them go past on a unicycle with your lid on. A true 'WTF' moment if ever I've seen one. [/EDIT]

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

paulodd
Crazy Courier



Joined: 20 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:51 - 01 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a great day. Some good races. I'm sure the SV's were seeing how many times they could come off!

Loved the uni cycle G, we saw you on it and thought you were a mad drunk person till we realised it was you. Laughing

Some good action out there, and you raced quite well. Shame about the second race, but glad you didnt hurt yourself!

Loved the BCF flag, but it could of been a little bigger. O yer btw what did it say about Korn on your van in the little magnets? Couldn't quite read it.



Paul
____________________
Paul
1999 Yamaha R6
www.coventrybikers.co.uk / www.norfolkriders.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:57 - 01 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Love Korn's Bitz. The 't' fell of sometime in the night. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 01 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you leave them on the side of the van?

Cuz it said carb issues this time, and I'm sure it said that last time you posted pics...

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:11 - 01 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Various status updates and reminders are constructed throughout the weekend.

It's easier than finding a pen, usually. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.68 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 67.73 Kb