|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:01 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: Brands hatch report |
 |
|
Left Chelmsford about 09:45 and arrived at brands hatch about an hour later.
3 of us, myself, Paulodd, and my dad on his BMW R80/7.
I was there to try and decide which of my bikes I should make into a track bike, the TZR or the MZ and also to see/meet G and the gang.
We arrived just as the TZRs set off (Yamaha Past Masters) with the lovely smelly 2 strokey goodness. Followed by the MZs, ugly things they are, horribly ugly. Pic HERE The minitwins came later on, they sound nice, and most of the riders are intent on throwing their bikes into the kitty litter.
A few other races came and went, including the Forza Extreme which was mainly gixxer thou's but there was one Honda RS 250 which kept up amazingly well!
I took a wander around the paddock to find G arsing around on a unicycle. I also witnessed the big red van. But he was mid flow so I left him to it with a view to coming back later, which didn't happen.
G went out, and raced very well, seemed to be making up places every time I saw him. Pic HERE Pic2 HERE Pic3 HERE The interval saw every bemsee racer that day do a slow procession around the track in memory of the lad lost at Lydden last month lead by his father. Full video here (15mb)
The afternoon saw more MZs, more TZRs, MZ novices in with some Honda RS125s, and the RS125s completely pissed all over the MZs that had double the capacity . Saw some more of G, I don't want to spoil his results, I'll let him tell you that. Fairly certain G's in there somewhere.
G just after paddock hill bend
I have so much more respect for Kickstart and others seeing the quality of their photos after the shockingness of mine.
Anyway, good day, I'm sunburnt and I have this mad urge to go and sort one of my race bikes. Which I think will be the MZ, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the TZR atm.
Gaz
Last edited by Gazdaman on 22:23 - 01 May 2005; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:16 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: Re: Brands hatch report |
 |
|
Cheers for the photos.
You should have come and said hi. Did you wander through the padock? I would definitely have a chat with some MZ racers, everyone's really friendly, in my experience, so no problems going up and asking stupid questions .
[edit]Actually read the post, Unicycling in full bike gear may not be the most sane of things to be doing, but we're not that bad [/edit]
The first day of my report will be up soon (Thursday), with more to follow.
Didn't really have a great weekend. Previously I had only crashed once before on track. Managed to crash three times in three days . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:20 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I did walk through the paddock, I stood outside your camp zero for a minute, impressed with the tin foil on the R/H fairing. Wearing a blue cap and some sunglasses. I think I recognised Ste? Bendy? Swaffs?
I was standing at paddock hill waiting for you to come round on the last lap, but alas, where's G.
And we found you
Be interesting to read your side of it, I didn't see you come off, just wondered where the hell you went.
[EDIT]We saw you do your race so thought we'd come and say hi, just to see your leathers with their tell tales little blue bits on them go past on a unicycle with your lid on. A true 'WTF' moment if ever I've seen one. [/EDIT]
Gaz |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| paulodd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 paulodd Crazy Courier

Joined: 20 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:51 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Was a great day. Some good races. I'm sure the SV's were seeing how many times they could come off!
Loved the uni cycle G, we saw you on it and thought you were a mad drunk person till we realised it was you.
Some good action out there, and you raced quite well. Shame about the second race, but glad you didnt hurt yourself!
Loved the BCF flag, but it could of been a little bigger. O yer btw what did it say about Korn on your van in the little magnets? Couldn't quite read it.
Paul ____________________ Paul
1999 Yamaha R6
www.coventrybikers.co.uk / www.norfolkriders.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:57 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
We Love Korn's Bitz. The 't' fell of sometime in the night.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:11 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Various status updates and reminders are constructed throughout the weekend.
It's easier than finding a pen, usually.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|