Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


whats the safest?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

dransy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:19 - 07 May 2005    Post subject: whats the safest? Reply with quote

going fast ?
or going slow?
i find when im goin fast im twice as more alert with all the adrenaline going through my body its like everything is in slow motion and im really concentrated aswell , also if ur riding fast and really smooth ?

and when i am going slow i seem to fidget about more and be less concentrated

so what do u think is the safest?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Black Knight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:26 - 07 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a report about this sort of situation recently.

My main jist of it was if you reduce a 60mph down to say 30 or 40mph the driver/rider subconciously takes much less notice of hazards and their concentratrion level dropps dramatically as they feel its almost so safe its impossible to have an accident.

I do think there is something too it as I know myself Im often not concentration as much as I should be on 30mph roads especially when its quiet or a big open road.
On the other hand when its redlining in top my eyes are doing overtime!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy



Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:27 - 07 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep at the speed limit, you'll be fine Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:33 - 07 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

but no 1 sticks to speed limits no matter wot they drive or ride and if some 1 says they do they r liars Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Retro-Man
Traffic Copper



Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:06 - 07 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not been riding a bike for long enough to get bored (as if) but in the car which I've been driving since 17 and now 29 and I am at my most dangerous when in traffic sitting at the speed limit or below for the simple reason that My driving has become so automated that I very quickley start to go in to a daze.
Travelling at higher speeds(80-95mph) means I must concentrate on driving as at that speed I am out of my auto pilot range and hence stay more alert to what is happening around me...

Don't know if any of that really made sense but I know what I mean.

Theres an old saying among the NON-Brainwashed that speed does not kill but inappropriate use of speed DOES.

Cheers
Retro
____________________
https://domharnessphotography.webs.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stu_666
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 27 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:39 - 07 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably say I feel safer at speed (if you can call an rs125 fast that is Rolling Eyes ). Normally going faster along open and clear roads so I can anticipate any hazards which may develop up ahead.
In town its a pain in the arse (where I'm normally going slow) as it seems that the world and his dog are trying to knock me off with cars emerging from side roads, doors opening onto me and all that bollocks.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:17 - 07 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed limit in a 50 zone

49mph
Arrow Bored
Arrow Distracted
Arrow innattentive
Arrow LEGAL

71mph

Arrow Focused
Arrow Stimulated
Arrow Alert
Arrow ILLEGAL

the second choice makes more sence to ME, but if u want to keep your license i suggest you pay attention to the speed limit
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Retro-Man
Traffic Copper



Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:09 - 07 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

/\/\/\/\

Thats the one, Thumbs Up
____________________
https://domharnessphotography.webs.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:21 - 07 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect answer
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:31 - 07 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get bored at any speed. I feel I'm personally more alert at more built up areas, NOT DEPENDENT on the speed. I'll always stick to 30 and 40 speed limits (except when accelerating from lights) but will never consistently speed through these limits.

I really don't think there's any difference in my levels of concentration when doing different speeds. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 148 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.31 Sec - Server Load: 1.8 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 65.36 Kb