|
|
| Author |
Message |
| dransy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dransy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 May 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Black Knight |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Black Knight World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| palmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 palmer Fiddled Kiddy

Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:27 - 07 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
keep at the speed limit, you'll be fine  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dransy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dransy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:33 - 07 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
but no 1 sticks to speed limits no matter wot they drive or ride and if some 1 says they do they r liars  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Retro-Man |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Retro-Man Traffic Copper

Joined: 21 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:06 - 07 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not been riding a bike for long enough to get bored (as if) but in the car which I've been driving since 17 and now 29 and I am at my most dangerous when in traffic sitting at the speed limit or below for the simple reason that My driving has become so automated that I very quickley start to go in to a daze.
Travelling at higher speeds(80-95mph) means I must concentrate on driving as at that speed I am out of my auto pilot range and hence stay more alert to what is happening around me...
Don't know if any of that really made sense but I know what I mean.
Theres an old saying among the NON-Brainwashed that speed does not kill but inappropriate use of speed DOES.
Cheers
Retro ____________________ https://domharnessphotography.webs.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Stu_666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Stu_666 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 27 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:39 - 07 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd probably say I feel safer at speed (if you can call an rs125 fast that is ). Normally going faster along open and clear roads so I can anticipate any hazards which may develop up ahead.
In town its a pain in the arse (where I'm normally going slow) as it seems that the world and his dog are trying to knock me off with cars emerging from side roads, doors opening onto me and all that bollocks. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:17 - 07 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Speed limit in a 50 zone
49mph
Bored
Distracted
innattentive
LEGAL
71mph
Focused
Stimulated
Alert
ILLEGAL
the second choice makes more sence to ME, but if u want to keep your license i suggest you pay attention to the speed limit ____________________ Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Retro-Man |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Retro-Man Traffic Copper

Joined: 21 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dransy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dransy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 May 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:31 - 07 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't get bored at any speed. I feel I'm personally more alert at more built up areas, NOT DEPENDENT on the speed. I'll always stick to 30 and 40 speed limits (except when accelerating from lights) but will never consistently speed through these limits.
I really don't think there's any difference in my levels of concentration when doing different speeds.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 149 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|