|
|
| Author |
Message |
| swaffs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swaffs World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:36 - 07 Jun 2005 Post subject: chopping down from 600 to a 400 |
 |
|
Ok, after much deliberation, I think my mind is almost made up.
As much as I love my CBR600 FY. I cannot afford to do the trackdays etc. that I want to, and also I'm not sure I have the ability to ride it as quick as it can go, due to lack of experience and skill etc.
Therefore I am thinking of chopping down to a 400 for several reasons.
Bike will be cheaper and it will release some £££ to pay for trackdays.
Bike is likely to handle far better than my CBR.
Bike is smaller so would be better for my daily commute through london (I cannot really get my feet down on the CBR, well one at a time I can.)
Plus I feel I will probably improve my riding ability by having to use all the revs etc. so when I go back to a 600 in a year or so, I'll be a faster rider.
as I see it I have a few bikes to choose from:
ZXR400
VFR400
RVF400
CBR400
GSXR400
I am expecting to have a budget of about £1500 to spend on the bike.
I have little or no experience of any of these bikes, although did get my knee down on Waves CBR 400 before doing it on my own CBR !!
(In fact in mty 18 months of bike use I've only ever ridden an ER5 and my CBR600)
My initial preference is in ZXR400 both for performance and looks, followed by VFR as it seems a good value choice.
Anyone able to provide any thoughts / experiences on this ?
I will primarily be using the bike for daily 10 mile commute through central london, trackdays, and the occasional weekend rideout.
I still have to get over the whole psycological decision (going down rather than up in bike choice) but I think it will be for the better in the long run.
Thanks for reading and I'll appreciate any comments.
Swaffs ____________________ Swaffs Photography |
BCF vinyl stickers
"Look not back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around you in awareness." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:44 - 07 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Are you sure a 400 will be cheaper? They seem overpriced for what they are. I would have thought that a CBR600F fits the commuting and weekend blasting better than a balls-out small sportsbike like the ZXR. ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Tot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Tot World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swaffs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swaffs World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:53 - 07 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I defo need to ride some to appreciate the difference.
(any offers for a ride out considered)
what is gullarm? I've heard of it but don't know what it is?
Also they does seem to be alot out there fetching some serious money but I'm thinking a UK spec L3 ZXR 1993 could be avaiable for about £1300. ____________________ Swaffs Photography |
BCF vinyl stickers
"Look not back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around you in awareness." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swaffs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swaffs World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| numark1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 numark1 Scared of girls

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ric |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ric Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 22 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| numark1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 numark1 Scared of girls

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:02 - 07 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ric |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ric Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 22 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:06 - 07 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
deathrace due to lack of fairings? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swaffs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swaffs World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lap_time |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lap_time Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 19 May 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ProXimaCore |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ProXimaCore Dougal

Joined: 01 May 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lap_time |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lap_time Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 19 May 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swaffs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swaffs World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:59 - 07 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for all the responses.
what about the issue of getting imported vs UK spec ZXR 400? ____________________ Swaffs Photography |
BCF vinyl stickers
"Look not back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around you in awareness." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lap_time |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lap_time Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 19 May 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swaffs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swaffs World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Suzuki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Suzuki Roger

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:34 - 07 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Get the ZXR!!!
https://www.pascoe.cx/bike.jpg ____________________ <Simple> no I'm shaven Jon
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|