|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Scooby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scooby Scrappy Doo

Joined: 26 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:29 - 26 Jun 2005 Post subject: [FOR SALE] 1987 Honda C90... |
 |
|
Well I am selling my Honda C90. I haven't ridden it for ages, and it's taking up vital space. If I keep it, there won't be room for the R1 in the garage!
So here goes...
It's a 1987 model on a D plate, non-electric start model. It has 30,000 miles on the clock, and has been regularly serviced by myself (I am a bike mechanic and I used this bike to commute to work on 6 miles either way). Just after Christmas I gave it a proper overhaul, new sport tyres and tubes, new air filter, new shocks, new chain and sprockets, new battery, new brake shoes front and rear and a new front brake line. Since then I have changed the oil every 1000 miles, and the bike has run beautifully for me.
The seat has a few rips and could do with a new one, but it's just a case of replacing it, like I say I haven't used it for ages and never saw the need to get a new one. Also it needs a new chain guard, I removed the old one because it looked old and started rubbing against the chain because it was slightly mis-shaped, so like I say it's just a case of getting a new one.
Since January the bike has been washed once. So it needs a good couple of hours spent on it polishing it up if you want it looking really nice, I just used it as a commuter bike so never saw the need to clean it, even though I should have done really.
This bike is by no means mint, but you'll struggle to find one in as good condition on a D plate. It is mechanically sound, and if you know anything about bikes you'll know that C90's run forever.
If anyone's interested let me know, I will try and get some pictures but I don't have a digital camera at the moment so I can't promise anything straight away.
Thanks,
Scoob. ____________________ A big enough hammer fixes anything! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scooby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scooby Scrappy Doo

Joined: 26 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McJamweasel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McJamweasel BCF Junkie

Joined: 22 Mar 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scooby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scooby Scrappy Doo

Joined: 26 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:23 - 27 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
To any of you fine fellows on the forum, £150  ____________________ A big enough hammer fixes anything! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nath |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nath World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:34 - 27 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you still have it in a few months time, I would be pretty interested. A good commuter would come in handy, and you're local to me as well.
However i'm totally skint* at the moment and have a bike holiday to spain planned for 2months time If you haven't got rid of it by the time that's all out the way then I will have it off you.
*Another way of putting it would be that I have a maxed out overdraft and have to resort to searching the backs of draws to find loose change so I can go down the pub... ____________________ Hard livin', hard luck. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scooby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scooby Scrappy Doo

Joined: 26 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EDBANGER |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EDBANGER World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scooby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scooby Scrappy Doo

Joined: 26 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 90 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|