Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


1987 Honda C90...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Scooby
Scrappy Doo



Joined: 26 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:29 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: [FOR SALE] 1987 Honda C90... Reply with quote

Well I am selling my Honda C90. I haven't ridden it for ages, and it's taking up vital space. If I keep it, there won't be room for the R1 in the garage!

So here goes...

It's a 1987 model on a D plate, non-electric start model. It has 30,000 miles on the clock, and has been regularly serviced by myself (I am a bike mechanic and I used this bike to commute to work on 6 miles either way). Just after Christmas I gave it a proper overhaul, new sport tyres and tubes, new air filter, new shocks, new chain and sprockets, new battery, new brake shoes front and rear and a new front brake line. Since then I have changed the oil every 1000 miles, and the bike has run beautifully for me.

The seat has a few rips and could do with a new one, but it's just a case of replacing it, like I say I haven't used it for ages and never saw the need to get a new one. Also it needs a new chain guard, I removed the old one because it looked old and started rubbing against the chain because it was slightly mis-shaped, so like I say it's just a case of getting a new one.

Since January the bike has been washed once. So it needs a good couple of hours spent on it polishing it up if you want it looking really nice, I just used it as a commuter bike so never saw the need to clean it, even though I should have done really.

This bike is by no means mint, but you'll struggle to find one in as good condition on a D plate. It is mechanically sound, and if you know anything about bikes you'll know that C90's run forever.

If anyone's interested let me know, I will try and get some pictures but I don't have a digital camera at the moment so I can't promise anything straight away.

Thanks,

Scoob.
____________________
A big enough hammer fixes anything!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo



Joined: 26 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:30 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add, it's MOT'd till October, but that's not a problem anyway it will fly through. And it's taxed till the end of July or August I think, but yet again, only £15 per year. Oh, and the bike's red.
____________________
A big enough hammer fixes anything!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie



Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:35 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot one quite important point.

How much?
____________________
BCF: Be yourself, just don't be an arse.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo



Joined: 26 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 27 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

To any of you fine fellows on the forum, £150 Cool
____________________
A big enough hammer fixes anything!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nath
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 27 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still have it in a few months time, I would be pretty interested. A good commuter would come in handy, and you're local to me as well.

However i'm totally skint* at the moment and have a bike holiday to spain planned for 2months time Shocked If you haven't got rid of it by the time that's all out the way then I will have it off you.


*Another way of putting it would be that I have a maxed out overdraft and have to resort to searching the backs of draws to find loose change so I can go down the pub...
____________________
Hard livin', hard luck.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo



Joined: 26 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:26 - 29 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*
____________________
A big enough hammer fixes anything!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EDBANGER
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:10 - 30 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooby, I sent you an e-mail. Did you get it?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo



Joined: 26 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:46 - 04 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope did not get it mate, I sold the bike on Saturday for £175.
____________________
A big enough hammer fixes anything!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 90 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.47 Sec - Server Load: 0.68 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 55.75 Kb