|
|
| Author |
Message |
| EDBANGER |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EDBANGER World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:39 - 04 Jul 2005 Post subject: We've lost one! |
 |
|
My friend bought a GSX750R on Friday. He'd been looking forward to this since selling his ZXR400 2 months ago. He rode up to Newcastle to see his missus and on the way home crashed the bike. No serious injuries as such but he did have to go into surgery to have his testicles pulled from inside of his body after hitting the fuel tank hard I understand that something like this is gonna make you think but he's saying he's never gonna ride again. This upsets me greatly, I don't think I could ever be put off by anything other than paralysis (sp) or death. How can I convince him otherwise?? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yambabe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:42 - 04 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
You can't, and you shouldn't.
This is a common reaction immediately following an accident. If he is meant to ride, he will miss it too much and eventually return to bikes when he is ready.
If he chooses not to do so, his choice, his life, his decision. Respect it.  ____________________ Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EDBANGER |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EDBANGER World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:49 - 04 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I know what you're saying but I can't believe he doesn't want to ride again. It was a HUGE passion. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Keen |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Keen World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Apr 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:55 - 04 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Give him a day or two. He's probably not thinking too clearly right now, once his balls stop hurting he might change his mind  ____________________ "he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"- Dr. Johnson |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EDBANGER |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EDBANGER World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:08 - 04 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sounds horrible, to mess up the crown jewels is one way of putting you off.
Maybe when he can pee safely again he might jump back on a bike. ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EDBANGER |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EDBANGER World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| paulthewitt |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 paulthewitt World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| feef |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 feef Energiser Bunny

Joined: 11 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:40 - 04 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
when I had my crash, (split pelvis, crushed right wrist) I was lying in bed saying I wouldn't ride again.....
....until I was starting to walk again, got to the windo of the ward and say a gold, T reg fazer 600 in thr carpark..
something went "ping" inside and i KNEW I wanted to ride again...
it's differnt for everyone.
a ____________________ Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EDBANGER |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EDBANGER World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:04 - 05 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Spoke to him last night, it seems he doesn't want to ride again coz he doesn't want to put his parents and GF through the worry . I gotta respect his decision I suppose and he did say we could come to an arrangment on his bike so thats kind of a bonus, although I feel guilty about being excited about it. Apparantly he was close to having hhis balls amputated I think that may have scared me too. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dracan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dracan Trackday Trickster

Joined: 15 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:36 - 05 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
After reading your post, I must admit that I was close to being sick (no disrespect meant to your friend). This is probably very nieve of me, but I hadn't really thought before about what the first thing that will collide with the tank in a headon collision is (I'm fairly new to biking). I think I'm going to be trying to find some protection for that very quickly! Did the doctors say he would recover completely from it?
Wish your friend a speedy recovery from us all!  ____________________ Honda CBR600RR - 2004 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EDBANGER |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EDBANGER World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:57 - 05 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah, I think he's going to be fine!! Just before he was about be put under the anasthetic the surgeon walked up and said "If your testicles are smashed they will be amputated", & then walked off. Imagine that  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fuzz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fuzz World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:06 - 07 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
It's not Mark by any chance is it? I remember you telling me he had a Kwak. ____________________ https://www.bikepics.com/members/fuzzbcf/
Bikes: '99 NSR125R, '00 SV650S, K1 GSX-R600, '97 CB500, K3 SV1000S, '16 VFR800 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Chriss |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Chriss World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 May 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EDBANGER |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EDBANGER World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fuzz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fuzz World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:43 - 07 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
It's Craig from the Rock Cafe! Why haven't you been in the Gallows for a while? I can't believe it's happened to him though, I haven't seen him for ages and was looking forward to meeting up with him and yourself for a rideout. ____________________ https://www.bikepics.com/members/fuzzbcf/
Bikes: '99 NSR125R, '00 SV650S, K1 GSX-R600, '97 CB500, K3 SV1000S, '16 VFR800 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EDBANGER |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EDBANGER World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fuzz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fuzz World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:09 - 07 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nice one son! What happened to the Yam? ____________________ https://www.bikepics.com/members/fuzzbcf/
Bikes: '99 NSR125R, '00 SV650S, K1 GSX-R600, '97 CB500, K3 SV1000S, '16 VFR800 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EDBANGER |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EDBANGER World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:10 - 07 Jul 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
| babyyam wrote: | You can't, and you shouldn't.
This is a common reaction immediately following an accident. If he is meant to ride, he will miss it too much and eventually return to bikes when he is ready.
If he chooses not to do so, his choice, his life, his decision. Respect it.  |
My sentiments exactly.
After I had my big crash, I was desperate to get back on but couldnt stand on my foot let alone anything else for 3 mths.....but I know so many people who lose the edge, and feel forced to ride again. And its scarey to watch them all nervous and everything.
I was determined to ride again, but my confidence took a HUGE knock, even now, 7 years on I am sooo careful on roundabouts....I glare at drivers who so much as inch out when Im using one.... ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 93 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|