|
|
| Do you remember your first nod? |
| Yes, I remember |
|
41% |
[ 26 ] |
| No, I don't |
|
38% |
[ 24 ] |
| I've got better things to do with my time |
|
20% |
[ 13 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 63 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| phantomtek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 phantomtek Lil Joe Tek
Joined: 20 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:42 - 08 Aug 2005 Post subject: Can anyone remember the first biker to nod back? |
 |
|
I can but I think its because after many failed attempts at getting people to nod back this seemed like an achievement, and I will probs always remember it. I haven't had a nod since then I don't think so you can imagine why I remember it.
Btw I was on a long road and it was a biker on a Gixxer with a tinted visor and thick black jacket
So does anyone remember their first nod?
P.S. If you see me out n about be sure to nod 
Last edited by phantomtek on 19:04 - 08 Aug 2005; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Zen Dog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Zen Dog World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:52 - 08 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I dont, but i do remember a feeling of fulfillment and comradeship, probably cos i still feel it a little when it happens now. Just a recognition that someone i'll never know is enjoying the same thing that I am, and probably feels much the same way about it as I do.
Strangely, I wouldn't feel the same way if I accidentally saw someone having a wank....
Zen Dog ____________________ Current - '94 VFR750FR (Dead), '00 VFR800FI, '11 600 Hornet - Previous - '11 CBF125, '10 Street Triple R, '92 MZ ETZ301, '05 TTR250, NSR125R, KMX125, "Honda" Win
My bike trip around S.E. Asia 2010/2011 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fuzz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fuzz World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:56 - 08 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I remember. It was last year some time, I'd been riding for a month or two, and I pulled up at some traffic lights indicating left. If I recall correctly a biker turned up in the next lane on an XJ900. We looked at each other and nodded, then went the lights went green, he put his hand forward in a kind of 'after you' expression, even though he was going straight on/right. I had that same feeling then aswell. ____________________ https://www.bikepics.com/members/fuzzbcf/
Bikes: '99 NSR125R, '00 SV650S, K1 GSX-R600, '97 CB500, K3 SV1000S, '16 VFR800 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:59 - 08 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I remember. I was on my NS125 with L's. He was a bearded bloke in a piss pot lid on a 500cc 1950's Norton.
 ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Delvard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Delvard Traffic Copper

Joined: 22 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:22 - 08 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Seeing that it was only about 6 weeks ago yeah I do
It was on the Tavistock road between Yelverton & Plymouth. Sunday about 7:15 am.
Can't remember the bike but it was one of those 'side' nods, like someones got a twitch It was ridiculous how much it pleased me. I've nodded ever since, on a variety of themes, I've just got to figure out which one I like best
Andy  ____________________ A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Slinn84 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Slinn84 Scooby Slapper

Joined: 20 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:37 - 08 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't really remember my first nod but I do remember this...
I hadn't been riding long, maybe a month or so and I was riding to work (on a dual carridge way) when I heard this almighty noise. I looked in my mirror to see a orange Buell speeding behind me. He slowed down and rode next to me had a look at the NSR I was riding and gave me the thumbs up. He rode next to me for 5 mins or so and then gave me a nod and roared away like a bat of of hell.
As a newbie rider I was so impressed.
I saw him a lot on that road going to work and always got a nod from him.
Then a months later the local paper reported that a biker on an orange Buel was killed on that road and I never saw him after that, so it must of been him.
I still pass the junction where is was t boned from time to time and I see the flowers left at the side of the road.
I never met him but I know that he must have been one cool mother f*cker. Still miss him nodding to me. (How strange is that!).
God bless ya Buell man.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| phantomtek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 phantomtek Lil Joe Tek
Joined: 20 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:37 - 08 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I ride a Motorhispania RYZ50, its sort of enduro, and I don't see why they wouldn't nod I have all good gear and don't ride like I've just stolen it
Gutted to hear that story Flip, it's always saddening to hear of biker's deaths |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Stu_666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Stu_666 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 27 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:41 - 08 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Eye, when I first took the RS125 out and it was only about a mile from home. Bloke on a sportsbike.
Now I normally nod to other bikers as it seems a pretty cool thing to do. Don't normally get nods back from scooter children, Honda goldwing's or Harley's though. Most nods seem to come from other sportsbikes and usually ones with tinted visors  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| phantomtek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 phantomtek Lil Joe Tek
Joined: 20 May 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sheepy1209 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sheepy1209 Nova Slayer
Joined: 13 Jun 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sheepy1209 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sheepy1209 Nova Slayer
Joined: 13 Jun 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSRracer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSRracer Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:51 - 08 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't remember my first nod, sadly. Must of been one cool geezer seeing as i had my L's on at the time, and u don't get many riders nodding to learners.
But my L's broke off like a while ago and have been riding without them ever sinse. And i was unsure if you big bike riders know if i'm riding a 125 when i'm coming and you nod just coz i'm a fellow biker or do u nod coz you think i've got like a 400 or something (untill you see the exhaust of course ) ?? Answers Please  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pipnet11 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pipnet11 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 17 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:56 - 08 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yup, black gixxer while riding around the day after my CBT. Felt brilliant Especially as I was on the suzuk125 at the time. ____________________ I love the girls that do, I hate the girls that dont, I hate the girls who say they will and then they say they wont, but the girl I like most of all and I think youll say Im right, is the girl who says she never has but looks as though she might. - Max Bygraves |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Zen Dog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Zen Dog World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:27 - 09 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
The only people that i dont automatically nod to are scooters with L's, cos i know most are just waiting to get a chavmobile. Always nod to learners (i was one 2 weeks ago after all!), and everyone else even if i dont get one back. But cruisers never seem to nod, i know im on a VFR750/NSR125 but still, why not?
Zen Dog ____________________ Current - '94 VFR750FR (Dead), '00 VFR800FI, '11 600 Hornet - Previous - '11 CBF125, '10 Street Triple R, '92 MZ ETZ301, '05 TTR250, NSR125R, KMX125, "Honda" Win
My bike trip around S.E. Asia 2010/2011 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ash t |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ash t World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Dec 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:23 - 09 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
When I was on my RS50, the day I passed my CBT, I got a couple of nods, and wondered why?
Spoke to my dad, and he just said "Thats what being a biker is all about son"
 ____________________ When You're Starting To Choke, Take Some Pills With Your Coke, Its Hyserical |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 0ni |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 0ni World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| awj72 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 awj72 Trackday Trickster

Joined: 10 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:33 - 09 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
First ever nod was on a lesson!! Made me feel about ten feet tall.
I'd read about this "biker's nodding" thing on here before hand, but till it happened, wondered what it was all about.
Nod to everything on 2 wheels apart from charver scum on peds  ____________________ Woe to you, o earth & sea, for the devil sends the beast with wrath............
(my ebay clearout...... https://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZawj72QQhtZ-1 ) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kawakid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kawakid World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:40 - 09 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
How comes harley riders never nod or anything they just seem to think there higher than you. Although there not and some of them must be nice people just they never seem to notice you on your rice burner, crotch rocket, jap crap etc. ____________________ ◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kawakid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kawakid World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cbrbiker |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cbrbiker Spanner Monkey

Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:16 - 09 Aug 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't remember my first nod, 'cos it was way back in 1999, but it still feels great now!
I nod to anyone on a geared bike, regardless what it is. Only time I nod to scoots is to say "thanks", same as I would a car. Scoots have become a "commuter fad" IMO and I just see loads of people riding them with their business suits on! (either that or they're sixteen year olds in tracksuits).
I know the chap who runs bikepics.com and he lives in Australia. He said that over there, cruisers nod to cruisers, sports bikes nod to sports bikes, but there's never "cross nodding".  ____________________ My Bikepics page
www.trackdaypix.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 57 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|