Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Cack

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:07 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Cack Reply with quote

Forgot my issue of MCN today.
Anyone got the email address to send letters in?

Thanks

Killa Thumbs Up
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yorkshirelad3
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

why, what have they chosen this week?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:20 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

em, https://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.contactUs
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:20 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

em, https://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.contactUs
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yorkshirelad3
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:27 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops, look what happens when yorkshire lad doesnt read a post proper! Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:49 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so many to choose from, which one can I write to about the licensing law?

Thanks
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:03 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETTERS: E-mail: [email protected] FAX 01733 468028
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:45 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some of you will destroy this letter and flame me, but I just hope it reads well.

Can you take a look, probably won’t be printed anyway. Rolling Eyes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Edited out first few lines, kissing MCN ass basically)

I really do feel the need to write to you all and tell you about this situation.
I received my full un-restricted licence back in March this year after almost 6 years of being on a provisional, struggling to save the money for the lessons and test whilst battling through the loss of two bikes and vandalism with little or no help from my local police force.
Recently I have noticed an increase in high performance vehicles used by the police in the Cheltenham/Gloucestershire area including top spec Mercedes, Honda’s, Range Rover’s and the newest recruit being the 187mph Suzuki Hayabusa mentioned recently in your paper.
Which, and I quote “Gave some raised eyebrows whilst riding”, I bet.

I saw a few letters come in last week mentioning road users being caught exceeding 100mph on uk roads and not receiving a ban or points etc.
Well I am now writing to you because of my situation and how amazed I am at the harshness of the hidden penalties that I now face.
I was caught out by a new scamera on my daily commute, unfortunately for me I had carried 3 points over from a previous offence which means that I will have my licence revoked.
Looking into the process to get back onto the road after exceeding the speed limit by 9mph on a dual carriageway, it appears I am looking at something in the religion of £300 and £350 to regain my full licence.
The speeding was indeed my fault, but I am finding it hard to come to terms with the penalty I am facing for it. Such a small margin of error and such a huge price to pay, it looks as if it will be a hard few months ahead.

Merry Christmas

***********
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:35 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth do you expect to come out of that letter though? Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:44 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing really, just a rant.

Nothing comes of any of those letters do they?
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RobB
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:15 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
am looking at something in the religion of £300 and £350 to regain my full licence.


Sorry, it's a bad habit, but all I tend to do when someone asks me to read something is spot the spelling mistakes/typos.

Not sure whether MCN will publish it or not, as I don't read it, so don't know what sort of letters they usually publish. Seems well written enough, and gets your point across though.

I guess you have the outside chance that they'll have a lot of sympathy, and champion your cause. G'luck. Thumbs Up

Not taking the piss, genuine curiosity, but how are you planning to get your licence back? Have you booked your re-test yet? How much does it cost? When you do it, let us know if they were much more strict that for your first test. Cheers.
____________________
- Yeah, you know the type, loud as a motorbike, wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
- The only thing I learned from love, was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.
- If I don't meet you no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, don't be late.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

strag
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not really sure what the point you are trying to make is. That the Police have fast vehicles, a new camera, the Police did not help you or that you were nicked for being over the speed limit and others were not. I think you need to make it clear what you want people to respond to.
____________________
carbon bling
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:47 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

if someone at mcn is expected to read all the letters, you need to grab their attention initially

i think you need a snappy title so that they know what they are about to read so can decide if they want to bother or not.

6 poinhts for newly qualified rule got me banned for doing 9mph over the limit when others dont get a ban for doing 100 mph !

then your letter, but edit it down a bit
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:25 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do that, you'll come across as a condascending arsehole (no offence Colin Wink ) who thinks it'll be on the 2nd page with a massive banner, and that they can't write their own headlines, even if it were to be.

Make it a straightforward letter, but that's very long. If they were going to include it, they'd edit it first. I agree with strag though, you need to be clear about the point you are making. Why are you mentioning the high-powered police vehicles, when the point you want to make is that your licence revokation (is that a word? Laughing ) was an example of the double standards today's police force have.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:28 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie_biker wrote:
If you do that, you'll come across as a condascending arsehole (no offence Colin Wink )


not wishing to be a condescending arsehole but it might be best if you avoid using words you cant spell Wink

i doubt they read all the letters all the way through, they will skim to see if its interesting and only read the whole thing if it catches their eye
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GBUK101
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:34 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, have you had a car licence for more than 2 years? If so then you will not get a ban as the 2 year probationary period would be over.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a letter printed in mcn a few years back. Mine was following a story about Norwich unions highest risk areas for bike theft. For some reason they had put Oldham right at the top, I think it was 2nd only to central london. Now I know that Oldham is a complete shithole, But I dont know where they had got their figures from as Bike theft in the area is pretty low as there isn't really a bike scene around here. There are plenty of ped bois these days, but that was before peds became so popular.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gti
Bendy Groupie



Joined: 07 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:38 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINWALL wrote:
not wishing to be a condescending arsehole but it might be best if you avoid using words you cant spell Wink


COLINWALL wrote:
6 poinhts


condescending is a bit harder to spell then points. Razz
____________________
[M]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:41 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought anyone in the biking community would understand the reasons I mentioned the police vehicles and the harshness of the revocation law.
Might bring back some memories of our friend the copper doing 160mph, or just views on the vehicles in general that blast around your town that are defiantly over the top for the jobs they do. Unnecessary speed, I mean FFS why do you need a top spec range rover for town??

I haven’t written a letter to them before, I tried cram a lot in without writing an essay. I guess my reason for writing in was to let other riders take note, espeically new riders who may have 3 on their provisional.
You have an old point system with a new licence law, they dont change it because it means profit.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yorkshirelad3
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:26 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gti wrote:
COLINWALL wrote:
not wishing to be a condescending arsehole but it might be best if you avoid using words you cant spell Wink


COLINWALL wrote:
6 poinhts


condescending is a bit harder to spell then points. Razz



now now boys, calm it down



handbags at dawn!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

VTR SP1
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:32 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
I mean FFS why do you need a top spec range rover for town??


Have you ever thought that they might need to go off road every now and then?

I don't think there would be any police force without 4wd vehicles.

SP1
____________________
I rode the Nurburgring backwards.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:40 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yorkshirelad3 wrote:


now now boys, calm it down

handbags at dawn!!!


actually i thought gti had a good point there and i actually did laugh out loud even if it was a soft one

rated it funny too
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:44 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTR SP1 wrote:

Have you ever thought that they might need to go off road every now and then?

I don't think there would be any police force without 4wd vehicles.

SP1


I doubt that more than 10% of 4x4's go off road. Many are driven by mums doiong the school run who are scared of driving cos they dont do many miles and arent very good and so need a big cage to protect them if they make a mistake.

4x4's are more dangerous than going 10mph over the speed limit IMO

they cant stop like a normal car, they cant turn quickly to avoid hazards like a normal car, and if they hit you they will hurt more
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:47 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTR SP1 wrote:
Have you ever thought that they might need to go off road every now and then?

I don't think there would be any police force without 4wd vehicles.


There are 4X4’s that can do the job of that Range Rover without all the spaz that comes with it.

Yes I have thought they’d need to go off road sometimes but seriously, the land around here is flat, you know that.
Places where stolen bikes get taken could be tackled by foot, or maybe they could actually bring those 3 dirt bikes they have for a real good look around the known crime spots. You know what I’m on about you live near me.

Don’t be difficult SP1, you know there is no justifying the extent of the range of vehicles they have for just poodling around town centre.
They don’t come free either, the police have to pay money back, and you need to catch a lot of people to pay off.
If I were them I’d catch a lot of speeders. Oh yeah, they do. Rolling Eyes
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

VTR SP1
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:59 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINWALL wrote:
I doubt that more than 10% of 4x4's go off road. Many are driven by mums doiong the school run who are scared of driving cos they dont do many miles and arent very good and so need a big cage to protect them if they make a mistake.

4x4's are more dangerous than going 10mph over the speed limit IMO

they cant stop like a normal car, they cant turn quickly to avoid hazards like a normal car, and if they hit you they will hurt more


Where did I mention mums doing the school run? We are on about the police.

SP1
____________________
I rode the Nurburgring backwards.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 342 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.15 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 133 Kb