|
|
| Author |
Message |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yorkshirelad3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yorkshirelad3 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 19 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mr.Everready |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mr.Everready World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mr.Everready |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mr.Everready World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yorkshirelad3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yorkshirelad3 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 19 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:27 - 25 Oct 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
ooops, look what happens when yorkshire lad doesnt read a post proper!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mr.Everready |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mr.Everready World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:03 - 25 Oct 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
LETTERS: E-mail: [email protected] FAX 01733 468028 ____________________ the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:45 - 25 Oct 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I know some of you will destroy this letter and flame me, but I just hope it reads well.
Can you take a look, probably won’t be printed anyway.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Edited out first few lines, kissing MCN ass basically)
I really do feel the need to write to you all and tell you about this situation.
I received my full un-restricted licence back in March this year after almost 6 years of being on a provisional, struggling to save the money for the lessons and test whilst battling through the loss of two bikes and vandalism with little or no help from my local police force.
Recently I have noticed an increase in high performance vehicles used by the police in the Cheltenham/Gloucestershire area including top spec Mercedes, Honda’s, Range Rover’s and the newest recruit being the 187mph Suzuki Hayabusa mentioned recently in your paper.
Which, and I quote “Gave some raised eyebrows whilst riding”, I bet.
I saw a few letters come in last week mentioning road users being caught exceeding 100mph on uk roads and not receiving a ban or points etc.
Well I am now writing to you because of my situation and how amazed I am at the harshness of the hidden penalties that I now face.
I was caught out by a new scamera on my daily commute, unfortunately for me I had carried 3 points over from a previous offence which means that I will have my licence revoked.
Looking into the process to get back onto the road after exceeding the speed limit by 9mph on a dual carriageway, it appears I am looking at something in the religion of £300 and £350 to regain my full licence.
The speeding was indeed my fault, but I am finding it hard to come to terms with the penalty I am facing for it. Such a small margin of error and such a huge price to pay, it looks as if it will be a hard few months ahead.
Merry Christmas
*********** ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:35 - 25 Oct 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
What on earth do you expect to come out of that letter though?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RobB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RobB Spanner Monkey

Joined: 29 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:15 - 25 Oct 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
| killa wrote: | am looking at something in the religion of £300 and £350 to regain my full licence. |
Sorry, it's a bad habit, but all I tend to do when someone asks me to read something is spot the spelling mistakes/typos.
Not sure whether MCN will publish it or not, as I don't read it, so don't know what sort of letters they usually publish. Seems well written enough, and gets your point across though.
I guess you have the outside chance that they'll have a lot of sympathy, and champion your cause. G'luck.
Not taking the piss, genuine curiosity, but how are you planning to get your licence back? Have you booked your re-test yet? How much does it cost? When you do it, let us know if they were much more strict that for your first test. Cheers. ____________________ - Yeah, you know the type, loud as a motorbike, wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
- The only thing I learned from love, was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.
- If I don't meet you no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, don't be late. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| strag |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 strag World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:25 - 25 Oct 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you do that, you'll come across as a condascending arsehole (no offence Colin ) who thinks it'll be on the 2nd page with a massive banner, and that they can't write their own headlines, even if it were to be.
Make it a straightforward letter, but that's very long. If they were going to include it, they'd edit it first. I agree with strag though, you need to be clear about the point you are making. Why are you mentioning the high-powered police vehicles, when the point you want to make is that your licence revokation (is that a word? ) was an example of the double standards today's police force have. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GBUK101 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GBUK101 Scooby Slapper

Joined: 26 Jun 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| owdamer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 owdamer World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gti |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gti Bendy Groupie
Joined: 07 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:41 - 26 Oct 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I thought anyone in the biking community would understand the reasons I mentioned the police vehicles and the harshness of the revocation law.
Might bring back some memories of our friend the copper doing 160mph, or just views on the vehicles in general that blast around your town that are defiantly over the top for the jobs they do. Unnecessary speed, I mean FFS why do you need a top spec range rover for town??
I haven’t written a letter to them before, I tried cram a lot in without writing an essay. I guess my reason for writing in was to let other riders take note, espeically new riders who may have 3 on their provisional.
You have an old point system with a new licence law, they dont change it because it means profit. ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yorkshirelad3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yorkshirelad3 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 19 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| VTR SP1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 VTR SP1 Brolly Dolly
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| VTR SP1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 VTR SP1 Brolly Dolly
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 343 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|