Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Inconsiderate Driving

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

headlamp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:15 - 31 Oct 2005    Post subject: Inconsiderate Driving Reply with quote

Read today that a driver was fined £150 for 'inconsiderate driving', a little used bit of legislation the police prosecuted this driver under,
https://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005500465,00.html, for splashing two council workers driving through a puddle...consequently I made a mental note of all the incidents I had of inconsiderate driving this morning, on my usual commute on the North Circular Road in London.

Arrow car changing lane without indicating (directly in front of me)
Arrow car weaving in lane as I was filtering as driver chatted on mobile phone
Arrow car straddling two lanes, preventing filtering
Arrow driver flicking cigarette out of window - just in front of me, as I was filtering
Arrow car turning right without indicating
Arrow car turning left without indicating

I would have made the government £600 this morning !! Any other examples of inconsiderate driving anyone experienced today?
____________________
Using a mobile phone while driving a car should be made a capital offence!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RobB
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:47 - 31 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered a few weeks back......

Let's say I fitted a camera to my bike/helmet, then captured all the examples of people driving inconsiderately, without due care, and downright dangerously. Could I then send this video to the police, marking out all the registration numbers that I felt should be taken off the road? Would they do anything about it?
____________________
- Yeah, you know the type, loud as a motorbike, wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
- The only thing I learned from love, was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.
- If I don't meet you no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, don't be late.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeyC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:00 - 31 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would they f**k!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RobB
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:21 - 31 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeyC wrote:
Would they f**k!


Fair comment.

But as headlamp pointed out, there's a lot of money available if this worked. Most of the time, money's what makes anyone do anything.
____________________
- Yeah, you know the type, loud as a motorbike, wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
- The only thing I learned from love, was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.
- If I don't meet you no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, don't be late.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeyC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:25 - 31 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd 'do' you stating its illegal to film yourself on the road or some such nonsense! Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

headlamp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:31 - 31 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeyC wrote:
They'd 'do' you stating its illegal to film yourself on the road or some such nonsense! Laughing


Ah, but you wouldn't be filming yourself but other drivers - I'd be happy to have a camera strapped to my helmet and take shots of illegal driving and pass them to the authorities - especially if I was on commission! I could give up the day job - riding around London, filming bad driving - I'd make a fortune!! Wink
____________________
Using a mobile phone while driving a car should be made a capital offence!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:33 - 31 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a legal standpoint I'm not sure, it would probably be difficult to prove who was driving unless they were on film too. I do know that for video footage to be admissable as evidence in court, for stuff like CCTV anyway, that it needs a date and time stamp embedded in the film.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:35 - 31 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

headlamp wrote:
I'd be happy to have a camera strapped to my helmet


Shocked Wink

Think you'd get done for indecent exposure, either that or hyperthermia.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

muddycoffee
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 18 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:38 - 31 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a teenager, I had a mate who was a bit of a spoiled brat, and he used to know a place where there was a big puddle near a pub and used to drive through it at speed when there was a woman stood there. On one occasion he got the same woman twice in about five minutes.

We lived in hillsborough near the football ground and when certain big games were on some of the away fans used to walk down the middle of some of the back roads as if they were pedestrianised. More than once when he was driving he deliberately bumped into the back of one of them. Which pushed them ofver to great amusement especially as they stood up effing and jeffing and shaking a fist.

In my view this kind of driving is both childish, antisocial and wholly deserving of points and a fine. Bumping into a pedestrian even at 2 mph could easily have caused a spinal injury or some other serious matter.
____________________
Suzuki SV650 naked Blue curvy with Givi Screen and G force can.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:58 - 31 Oct 2005    Post subject: Re: Inconsiderate Driving Reply with quote

headlamp wrote:

Arrow car changing lane without indicating (directly in front of me)
Arrow car weaving in lane as I was filtering as driver chatted on mobile phone
Arrow car straddling two lanes, preventing filtering
Arrow driver flicking cigarette out of window - just in front of me, as I was filtering
Arrow car turning right without indicating
Arrow car turning left without indicating
Arrow motorcycle filtering with its headlights on full main beam
Arrow motorcycle with an illegal exhaust


Wink

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 345 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.9 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 67.45 Kb