|
|
| Author |
Message |
| kawakid |
This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 kawakid World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dom_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dom_ Points Mean Prizes

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:09 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Everyones different.
It's their choice not yours, deal with it...
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paivi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paivi World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Misc |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Misc World Chat Champion
Joined: 15 Aug 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yorkshirelad3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yorkshirelad3 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 19 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:42 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
i have posted before about this, now i dont care what other riders wear, its their skin, i personally wear underpads, jeans, boots jacket gloves lid. Im fine with that, but youd probly say im an idiot cos i dont wear leather trousers or a back protector.
N e way, i say a kid on a ped last week or so, his riding gear was, helmet, gloves, textile jacket, shorts and sandles!
I could help but laugh at the fact we obviously only get hurt on our upper bodies these days! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cliff |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cliff Doctor Sicknote

Joined: 11 Feb 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:51 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
What are you like 10?!  ____________________ Sweet reggae music. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paivi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paivi World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:55 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yep! My reply to the stupid generalisation only too common on this site.
So there!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR125-Kid-UK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR125-Kid-UK Attention Whore

Joined: 03 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:57 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I went and forked out £800 on protective gear.
I still zoom round wearing hoodie and trackies if the urge takes me - useful for if you're going somewhere where leathers would make you look a bit daft.
If I can choose to ride a bike and risk death, I can also choose to wear less than a full metal suit of armour, and risk injury.
 ____________________ https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!
"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Snake Eyes |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Snake Eyes Scooby Slapper

Joined: 14 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:42 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
this is a good one, I cant remember the last time I saw a ped rider in bike gear ??? perhaps the road is softer if your on a ped
p.s. I wear full leathers EVERY time I ride safety first kids  ____________________ **************Honda CBR 600 FR***********
Just another day in paradise - Enjoy it while it lasts
www.brain-ache.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| numark1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 numark1 Scared of girls

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:48 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
When i was labouring i used to drive home on my zx6r in just shorts and trainers. Damn it felt good pulling a wheelie wearing nothing.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| craigs23 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 craigs23 Mr Muscle

Joined: 08 Jun 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Snake Eyes |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Snake Eyes Scooby Slapper

Joined: 14 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:59 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I can see why people would want to ride with no gear on. and yes I bet it does feel really good. but on the other hand I can also imagine what it feels like to hit the road without proper gear on.
when I way the two up leather wins hands down (excuse the pun) ____________________ **************Honda CBR 600 FR***********
Just another day in paradise - Enjoy it while it lasts
www.brain-ache.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jon p |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jon p Derestricted Danger
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:32 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
i used to ride a ped and i had a protective jacket and gloves but most of mates didnt till they fell off. but now winter is coming i definitely buying a good set of leathers and boots.
and i do know what it is like to go over the handlebars didnt have any damage to me, just a bit sore in the morning. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cliff |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cliff Doctor Sicknote

Joined: 11 Feb 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:42 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Convinience is my answer. Paivi - Fair Play!  ____________________ Sweet reggae music. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| numark1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 numark1 Scared of girls

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:57 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I crashed once, slid off 3 times and was hit twice. Didn't graze any part of my body.
Oh and i am invincible.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dom_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dom_ Points Mean Prizes

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:07 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
When I was on the ped (restricted ) I spent #130 on a jacket and #30 on gloves. I came off twice in low-speed lowsides and really I thought that was all I needed. The jacket was and is superb, absorbs everything, and the gloves saved my hands both from frostbite and from having no skin. Trousers wise, I never even got around to buying some waterproof ones so every now and then my legs got soakedx, but that was my choice I suppose. On my off, I damaged my knee a little bit as my only injury, but the trousers are still OK (they were not strong) and I gashed my knee a bit, which sorted itself out in a couple of weeks, no worse than what I've had from playing hockey on astro.
I wouldn't go around without a jacket on, because in my experience it's the first thing to land if you come off. On my 2nd off I landed entirely on my left shoulder and although the jacket did its job well, I had to have some physio and anti inflammatories because the whole thing seized up. If I hadn't had the jacket, I don't want to know what the result would have been.
Oh and I have a helmet.
Suprisingly I see plenty of peds round here that wear the right stuff. Most buy jacket and gloves, and some wear trousers. Doesn't really seem to be a problem to me. You get the R6 riders in silly season who do the same.. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| romperstomper... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 romperstomper... Trackday Trickster

Joined: 14 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Dude |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Dude Crazy Courier

Joined: 04 Mar 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:14 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
When i had my RS125 last year i always wore gloves, boots and a bike jacket, and a lid of course. But then again, i was 29 at the time and not some idiot teenager  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Chriss |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Chriss World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 May 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Dude |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Dude Crazy Courier

Joined: 04 Mar 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paivi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paivi World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:23 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
On really hot days I go commando while wearing a skirt...  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| biker-dj |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 biker-dj Spanner Monkey
Joined: 10 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:35 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 0ddball |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 0ddball World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:36 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
And i thought getting flies in my face was bad! ____________________ ZXR750L |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Andy C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Andy C Tree Seeking Missile

Joined: 26 Apr 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:38 - 03 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
i dont know what it is lately but so many threads that say one catagory of bikers are all t*ats, mainly about scooters aswell,
yea i think it is true that most scooter riders are chavs, there are so sensible one that arnt (i had a ped and am not a chav) but if a chav wears just a t-shirt while riding, do you really care? i dont and if someone is sensible they will buy all the gear, i wore gloves, biking jacket all the time when i was on a ped and all the time on my RS125, when i get paid im getting some leather trousers and boots aswell as is a priority now.
i know its annoying and annoys me a lot aswell but just let them get on with it is what i think! ____________________ 99 RS125 --> 02 SV650s --> 03 Speed Four --> 92 RXS100 --> 93 CB400sf --> 01 CB600f Hornet |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 338 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|