|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Delvard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Delvard Traffic Copper

Joined: 22 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:13 - 01 Dec 2005 Post subject: Ugh! Ugh!!! Can't believe it!! |
 |
|
Ugh I was MEANT to fly out this morning and buy a bike in Manchester. For reasons far to dull to mention I had to cancel the flight until tomorrow. Good that I did! Why? Up until an hour ago I'd decided not to do an hpi check. (I know I know) Anyway good ol' commonsense prevailed and I just did one. Result?
VRM currently recorded as having outstanding finance
The finance house is Black Horse It was strongly suggested that I contact the finance house which I did. Here's the score: The bike was purchased with a Black horse loan. So they don't have an interest in the bike, but have an (obvious) interest in the monies.
BUT the Hpi report will still state VRM currently recorded as having outstanding finance until he pays it off. Possibly upsetting a future sale by myself if he doesn't pay up.
So what do I do? Go to the bank with him to see him pay it off? What sort of proof would I need to see? Just forget it?
Such a load of crap this, so peed off.
Andy  ____________________ A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pj25 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pj25 Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:19 - 01 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sound's to me like it would be more hassle than it's worth.
walk away while you can.  ____________________ wasnt me, honest!!!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Savage- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Savage- World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:21 - 01 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
i thaught i was going to have to tell you, "yes, it actually isnt butter"'  ____________________ My Bikes - - - Royal Enfield 500 with sidecar, VFR800, CBR600FX,
Peugeot Speedfight 100, Kymco Hipster 125, GSXR750K5, Jawa TS 350 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr.z |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr.z World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:22 - 01 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Phone up the seller and ask if he was going to bother telling you about the finance, then tell him to stick it up his stupid scaming arse..
If somebody is basicly trying to commit fraud against you then you dont buy anything off them... might even be worth mentioning it to the police, or at least telling him your going to
If the HPI check was linked to the bike then afaik they still own it, or can reposess it if its not payed off, not even worth risking either way...
There are plenty more bikes with desperate sellers at this time of year. ____________________ >RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes< |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:25 - 01 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
The thing is though if the bike itself isn't fiananced; he just took a loan out to pay for it, does it make any difference? Surely it's just him that takes the debt, not the bike?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pj25 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pj25 Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Delvard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Delvard Traffic Copper

Joined: 22 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:07 - 01 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Anticipating a good reply! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Delvard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Delvard Traffic Copper

Joined: 22 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:10 - 01 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ..... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Delvard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Delvard Traffic Copper

Joined: 22 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:00 - 01 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
when I sold my SV650 I still had finance owing. I paid it off over the phone there and then and got the woman on the end of the phone to confirm it to him.
Black Horse and Motorcycle Shitty both told me the finance was the same as a personal loan and the bike would not go on the HPi register when I bought it.
Obviously its bollocks. Buy the bike and get the bloke to pay the loan back while you are there.  ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carvell |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carvell Scuttler

Joined: 05 Sep 2003 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:13 - 01 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Very true, I've never understood why people get fianance on bikes. Surely interest rates are much higher than getting a personal loan as well.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Old Geeza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Old Geeza Back in my day...

Joined: 25 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:13 - 01 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thank God I paid CASH for both of mine then - eh
At least I know I truly own them outright
As far as I'm aware, there's nothing wrong with buying a bike which still has outstanding payments on it, so long as the seller keeps up the repayments after he/she has sold it.
I'm not sure how the law would stand. But I think the seller would be in more trouble than you for selling it on in the first place
Please don't flame me for this reply, it was just something I thought of. I might be completely wrong
____________________ Horse Power was safer when the Horses had it! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EuropeanNC30R... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EuropeanNC30R... Gay Hairdresser
Joined: 20 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nb World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kawakid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kawakid World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SoND |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SoND World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:41 - 01 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't plan on ever getting finance or a loan for a bike. If I want a bike I can save and buy it with cash.
No point in getting in debt for a bike. ____________________ Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Andy C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Andy C Tree Seeking Missile

Joined: 26 Apr 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 308 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|