|
|
| Author |
Message |
| DanceLikeAMon... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DanceLikeAMon... World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Sep 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:41 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: Hand pump powered hose? |
 |
|
Morning folks. I've just been outside to start cleaning my bike but with the crappy weather over the last couple of weeks it is absolutely covered in grit and ca-ca.
Normally when I wash it, I pour a watering can over it, then Muk-off, then rinse with watering can - but so much crap has got on the inside of the bike that I really need to hose it off, and therein lies the problem.
My house hasn't got standard taps so I can't fit a hose onto them (I've tried a couple of adaptor kits, but they always end up spraying water all over my kitchen at some point), and I fear the power of the power wash!
Is there any kind of device available that you put water into and then pump enough pressure in to get a hose type effect?
Cheers.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mr.Everready |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mr.Everready World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bezzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bezzer World Chat Champion
Joined: 14 Apr 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Teaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Teaman World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DanceLikeAMon... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DanceLikeAMon... World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Sep 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:33 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't trust jet washes - or rather I don't trust myself with a jet wash, and I can't fit an outside tap because all the plumbing is at the back of the house, and the bike is at the front (I don't really want to trail a hose through the house). Thanks tho.
I like the idea of the pump garden sprayer (I assume that was a typo, and you mean you can get enough pressure ) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DanceLikeAMon... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DanceLikeAMon... World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Sep 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:29 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://www.zillions.org/Toytest/Watertoys/Images/wtt005.jpg
Job done
Note: Token black kid not included  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DanceLikeAMon... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DanceLikeAMon... World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Sep 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:37 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Damn I wish I had though of buying a Super Soaker!
I saw some stirrup pumps on eBay, but they looked like something Noah would have used! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:51 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Our landlord uses a stirrup pump on his boat, I don't think they're much use for getting continuous high pressure rather than just shifting a large volume of liquid in a not too long time. ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EuropeanNC30R... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EuropeanNC30R... Gay Hairdresser
Joined: 20 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| loply |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 loply World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:51 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Allo mate, I have exactly what youre after, I think my parents bought it, its basically a container with a hosepipe nozzle on the end, and a handle with a trigger.
Fill it with boiling water mixed with fairy liquid and the steam keeps the container pressurised.
It blasts grit off the shock and forks and under the engine, but is nowhere near powerful enough to chip paintwork. I imagine it was £4.99 from B&Q.
I usually give the whole bike a good blasting with that, then use the Air Gun on my compressor to dry it and help blow off the dried on cack. Quick and effective. ____________________ Yamaha SZR660 Caution to the wind, the throttle pinned! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EuropeanNC30R... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EuropeanNC30R... Gay Hairdresser
Joined: 20 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DanceLikeAMon... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DanceLikeAMon... World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Sep 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| loply |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 loply World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:12 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
maurice, what are you saying it will do exactly? ____________________ Yamaha SZR660 Caution to the wind, the throttle pinned! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EuropeanNC30R... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EuropeanNC30R... Gay Hairdresser
Joined: 20 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cillit-BANG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cillit-BANG World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Oct 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Finglonga |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cillit-BANG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cillit-BANG World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Oct 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| IronMaiden |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 IronMaiden Trackday Trickster
Joined: 15 Nov 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:58 - 06 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I got my man a pressure hose as a gift......BIG MISTAKE.
Those things are addictive!!
He cleaned his bike first, then had such fun he sprayed both cars, then all the paving around the house. Tried it on the walls and bits of brick came off , then thought it was a good idea to clean the tiles in the shower.
Blasted half of the tiles off the friggin' walls !!!!
Definitely not a toy to be played with!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodsi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodsi Dirty Carny

Joined: 06 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nrml76 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nrml76 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 05 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|