Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Pier... ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:09 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Pier... ? Reply with quote

https://www.uni-potsdam.de/aaa/outgoing/service/galerie/fotos/trusch_bangor_bangor_pier003.jpg

Went for a wander earlier (like sunrise earlier Shocked ) and stumbled over to the pier.

Now in my sleep deprived brain as saw the same view as above, the first thing i though was...

WHEEEEEEEEEEELIE

It is my new goal. To take my bike, nip onto the pier first thing on a dry morning (damp wood slats = feck all grip, tourist dodging not fun) and get some footage of it hoisted up the length. From a side view it would be awesome.

Am i going abit mad. Or would it own so much.

Its a fooking long pier.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:14 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://homepage2.nifty.com/nanba/images/photos/britain/bangor_pier.jpg

THAT long...

Twisted Evil
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:17 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should say that Bonny, as the first thing I thought when I saw that pic (before reading your text) was how cool it'd be to wheely down it Laughing
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:20 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheelie into a rolling stoppie.

Fear my newbie taste Laughing
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:28 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Wheelie into a rolling stoppie.

Fear my newbie taste Laughing


I doubt without 'special' (i dont know what type) you would want to stoppy on dodgy moist wood. Wheelie is doable. Braking would be fun towards the end though Neutral

Its completely deserted at 9 in the morning when they first open it up.

A guy with a bike, someone to film and stop people closing the gate.

And someone to film from the side.

That would be so ace.

Or you could do it lejit and ask i suppose Rolling Eyes
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:35 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, we kept getting bollocked taking push bikes on it. Make sure you put your 40p in the tin, or they'll go really mad!
____________________
"because one stroke isnt enough and four strokes waste two"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told im newbie.


Fear my 10 sec wheelies and 2 inch high stoppies Laughing


I didnt think of the wood being damp Mad
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
I told im newbie.


Fear my 10 sec wheelies and 2 inch high stoppies Laughing


I didnt think of the wood being damp Mad


Lol...

Hmm... film it and we will double check... :p

im betting no wear near. I think optimistically my longest was 6 ish seconds, and im /passable/ at wheelies.

And yeh, damp wodd = geh

And Gezzer yeh they are a tad uptight. But its doable. Very very doable. Lol.

Get the welsh buggers coming out of the tap and spile shaking fists im sure.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can keep them going for like 10 secs it feels like i had enoguh time to say a load of swearing Laughing most prob six secs.

I just get scared Embarassed

My mates 1200 bandit doesnt even flinch at a wheelie it just keeps going.
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile



Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:35 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i though wheelie when i saw that aswell!!
____________________
99 RS125 --> 02 SV650s --> 03 Speed Four --> 92 RXS100 --> 93 CB400sf --> 01 CB600f Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kath600
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/kath_/wight2.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/kath_/ryde.jpg

now THATS a pier Wink and vehicles are allowed along it Razz

half a mile long, second longest pier in GB

Ryde pier AKA 'my work' Wink
____________________
Seven days without laughter......... makes one weak.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KLR600
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:24 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll film!!!

You could do a tour, you could go on to Llandudno pier, then Colwyn Bay pier....... Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:35 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

KLR600 wrote:
Colwyn Bay pier....... Very Happy

Shocked

Hey i may be nuts... i aint that nuts.

They'll nick me wheels mid clip.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:30 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there's a bloke at the gate bonny lass, and from last time I was there I remember him being a moody twat. but I could probably film it along with KLR6 if you get in there, maybe on a future outing?

It would be a bit intimidating wheelying along a tiny pier at 60mph with steel benches and rails either side of you though eh??
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:49 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:

It would be a bit intimidating wheelying along a tiny pier at 60mph with steel benches and rails either side of you though eh??


Pfff.

Twisted Evil

Only thing im worried about is the wet wood. If it was tarmaced it would be too easy though. But i would only get two attempts (down and back). You know its substantially longer and wider then 'our' wheelie road.

Oh and first thing of a sunday morning its dead. Didnt even see a guy on the pier asides from teas cosy dude. Thing is, being wales, you KNOW it would be in the paper, locals uproar etc Rolling Eyes.

Seriously though dischord, the pier is huge. The wheelie isnt the issue (ive wheelied inbetween traffic several times - ie a foot of space), its the logistics of getting the gate open. And keeping it open. And not getting seen (the hardest one) and thus having the pigs turn up.

Gotta admit footage of me binning it off the side of the pier would be funny as fook. Locals wouldnt be happy though Laughing
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 308 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.59 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 96.24 Kb