Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Firestorm Aftermarket exhausts

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:53 - 13 Dec 2005    Post subject: Firestorm Aftermarket exhausts Reply with quote

Nice, multi-coloured ART Exhausts, both in good condition, can supply pictures if required.

Want to swap for a pair of original exhausts & cash my way if anyone's up for it.

These things are too loud for my liking, I like attention and I like a nice sound but the sound resonates through the Uni labs and literally every kid wants to come and blip the throttle when they hear it so they've got to go.

Open to £Offers to just buy it. Smile

Any 'storm owners left? Sad


Last edited by instigator on 17:08 - 13 Dec 2005; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

extreme3d
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:59 - 13 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigaytor wrote:
These things are too loud for my liking


Shocked That doesn't sound like you!! Shocked Watch out everyone, looks like someone's got access to our user passwords, I can think of no other possible explanation for the post above Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 13 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parked up in Mcdonalds today, came back and there was a mini bus parked beside my bike, kids getting out. They were all like "cooorrr, mister, thats a cracking bike, much dit skin you???" so I put it on neautral as they're passing by closely and I start her up with a tiny bit of throttle. One kid at the back, maybe 10 years old, didn't expect it, jumped maybe 30cm in the air and then promptly fell onto the soggy ground.

Face like a smacked arse so he had, his mum/dad/brothers were laughing at him. Laughing

But yes, I will be asked/told to not park on University property soon I can tell, I was already told not to start my old er5 with remus can on at a certain part of the University as it affected their lab readings apparently Confused

So they're going!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:28 - 13 Dec 2005    Post subject: Re: Firestorm Aftermarket exhausts Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
Nice, multi-coloured ART Exhausts, both in good condition, can supply pictures if required.

Want to swap for a pair of original exhausts & cash my way if anyone's up for it.

These things are too loud for my liking, I like attention and I like a nice sound but the sound resonates through the Uni labs and literally every kid wants to come and blip the throttle when they hear it so they've got to go.

Open to £Offers to just buy it. Smile

Any 'storm owners left? Sad


Record the sound! Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:03 - 13 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

garry
Nova Slayer



Joined: 09 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:21 - 16 Dec 2005    Post subject: cans Reply with quote

what type of fixing are they, would you know if suzuki tl1000 original cans would fit ?

yer never know !!
____________________
so long so long so long and thanks for all the fish !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:24 - 16 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not bolt on unfortunately, I think the tlr's are bolt-on. Could be wrong Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GSXReater
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:05 - 18 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get baffles for it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 18 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble is, I want carbon ones. Going for an all black bike and preferably high level too. (I know they're not the best thing to have on a big vtwin but I feel they'll outlast the ownership of this bike Thumbs Up

Anyone know wheere I can buy just the high level link pipes?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jonnay
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 18 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
But yes, I will be asked/told to not park on University property soon I can tell, I was already told not to start my old er5 with remus can on at a certain part of the University as it affected their lab readings apparently Confused


Know the feeling, the college ped crew and I were given a bollocking for arsing about wheelying the scoots and doing burnouts whilst a meeting was going on involving the govenors in the building we were next to.

Oops.... Embarassed
____________________
::'04 Yamaha Jog:: || ::'01 Honda NSR:: || ::'00 Suzuki Swift:: || ::'89 Swift GTi:: || ::'96 Swift Poverty Spec:: || ::'92 Swift GTi::
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GSXReater
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 18 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

One problem with high level pipes.....you need to shorten the cans.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:16 - 18 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSXReater wrote:
One problem with high level pipes.....you need to shorten the cans.


Surely not for those made to go high level? Confused Mind you, I hadn't planned to get ones specifically amde for high level use.

Hmm, bugger, didn't take that into plan. Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Damn, damn, damn. Thought I could do this cheaply.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GSXReater
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:17 - 18 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW renegade do them.

https://www.renegade-products.com/renegade/messages/2/3094_honda_prices_2005.html

There is no mention of the can being shorter though?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 18 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had renegade on the sv, I was mightily unimpressed by them to be honest.

Just for the amount you pay, I'd expect better build quality. The things are very light and easy to repack yourself just don't feel very durable at all. Confused

For the cost, I'd want more. High level carbon remus pipes are only £295 and have nothing but praise for them.

I was planning on bidding on a set of BF cans on ebay, with removeable baffles but now that you mention the length of the cans might be unsuitable, I might not bid.

Mind you, I do have mini indicators on the back so they wouldn't get in the way as such. I hope.

To be honest, I'd just like the link pipes just now.

Big Thumbs Up to the man/woman who can find me a company that does them and avertises a price for such an item!! Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 291 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.77 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 82.73 Kb