Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


:: My GSXR400R SPII

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

iDON
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 25 Dec 2005    Post subject: :: My GSXR400R SPII Reply with quote

Hello fellow members.

I just singned up, to be able to do searches etc, specifically for fellow GSXR400R owners.

It seems there not much around, so I hop I find a few here as well.

So here goes.

These pics are from last summer, I didn't take much after that. Just been riding it as much as possible.

This is my very first bike, bought in May 2005. Got my (full) license
in august 2004 and in between I hdan't even touched a bike, so I HAD to get me one this summer.
Always fancied a Gixxer, specially in White/Blue colorscheme, and white wheels.
I went to look around and stumbled on this 400cc Gixxer, which untill I saw the ad, I didn't even know these existed!!

Well it was fairly cheap, I didn't want to spend a fortune on my first bike, since I expect to lay it on its side someday...so I went to take a look and testdrive and picked it up a week later.

Ok so it's not incredibly fast, like todays high-tech bikes, but do I enjoy it? Hell yeah!
Steers like a razorblade and boy, is it small! (certainly since I'm 6'3" / 90kilo's myself) but since I come from 9 years of (highly tuned scootering) I didn't find it to be too small.
I can flick this thing around like it's made from paper.

Since then, I also realized I got my hands on an rare SPII version. With even more rare single seat cover.

Anyways, enough talking, you want to see the pics I presume, so heer goes...

(and a homage to my good old moped (highly tuned 2stroke scooter)

https://img281.echo.cx/img281/516/gsxr400r011va.jpg

https://img281.echo.cx/img281/3517/gsxr400r021qe.jpg

https://img281.echo.cx/img281/5231/gsxr400r032pq.jpg

https://img281.echo.cx/img281/516/gsxr400r045uk.jpg

https://img281.echo.cx/img281/301/gsxr400r058jt.jpg

https://img281.echo.cx/img281/4378/gsxr400r060lw.jpg

https://img281.echo.cx/img281/9955/gsxr400r072fm.jpg

https://img281.echo.cx/img281/5596/gsxr400r085ss.jpg

https://img282.echo.cx/img282/7130/gsxr400r103rl.jpg

https://img282.echo.cx/img282/8829/gsxr400r114ys.jpg

And a newer pic, when I took of the way too big hugger....

https://images5.theimagehosting.com/Gixxer_02.jpg


Currently I'm taking my bike apart to repaint or polish parts, basically, make it look as new as possible.

Last two days I took apart the rearsets and finished polishing the "main plates".

I also have some small cosmetic parts on order.

PS. I go my the name of Folkert and I'm from Holland. Hope you enjoy and youc an learn be a few things...

EDIT: Ok I see pics are resized, even though hosted somewhere else. That's why they look crippled...
____________________
www.idon-industries.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NC30UK
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:56 - 25 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks mint.

Are those forks standard?

where in holland are you from?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iDON
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:25 - 25 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

NC30UK wrote:
Looks mint.

Are those forks standard?

where in holland are you from?


Yes, these are the SP(1&2) stock fully adjustable forks.

I'm from Huizen, a half-hour drive from Amsterdam.
____________________
www.idon-industries.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jonnay
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:28 - 25 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice mate, funky moped too Thumbs Up Bet that thing wheelies well Mr. Green

Jon
____________________
::'04 Yamaha Jog:: || ::'01 Honda NSR:: || ::'00 Suzuki Swift:: || ::'89 Swift GTi:: || ::'96 Swift Poverty Spec:: || ::'92 Swift GTi::
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Type_Mo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:30 - 25 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Niice Very Happy Cool
____________________
- Typhoon ?0 - Yamaha DT125R - Aprilia SR125 - Yamaha DT125R - Honda Hornet 600 -
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iDON
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:36 - 25 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnay wrote:
Really nice mate, funky moped too Thumbs Up Bet that thing wheelies well Mr. Green

Jon


Haha thx. Scooters were my passion and life for 9 years (well still a bit...)

That scooter has so many exotic parts, you don't even want to know. Better brakes and (rear) suspenion then most (slighty older) bikes.

I won't bother you with scooterpics on a motorforum, but if your curious: (scootermagazine photoshoot pics)

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47255
____________________
www.idon-industries.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jonnay
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:41 - 25 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, nice one mate Thumbs Up I wouldn't mind having a good scoot to mess around on, bikes are fun for doing long trips on, and high speeds, but I loved being able to mess around on my 2 50s. Might buy a cheap 125 scooter in the summer, if one comes up at the right price!

Jon
____________________
::'04 Yamaha Jog:: || ::'01 Honda NSR:: || ::'00 Suzuki Swift:: || ::'89 Swift GTi:: || ::'96 Swift Poverty Spec:: || ::'92 Swift GTi::
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:38 - 26 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno how many other people you'll find on here with GSXR400s but you'll find a lot of people with ZXR400s and VFR400s.

that's one clean bike as well keep it that way!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:06 - 26 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking that! Lovely bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iDON
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:13 - 26 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new endcan, to be fitted for next season:

I need the linkpipe to be rewelded, since it won't clear my rearsets.
This one is officially for a Honda, but I could get it fairly cheap...

https://www.idon-industries.com/SC/trs-tit_small.jpg
____________________
www.idon-industries.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:10 - 26 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the RRSP and that had RSU forks. SP just gives you longer gearing and adjustable rear shock. The forks on your bike are standard on all GK76 models.

Mines was a GK73A RRSP. Thumbs Up

Looks mint. Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iDON
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:30 - 26 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

T44TE M wrote:
I had the RRSP and that had RSU forks. SP just gives you longer gearing and adjustable rear shock. The forks on your bike are standard on all GK76 models.

Mines was a GK73A RRSP. Thumbs Up

Looks mint. Cool


Sorry mate. Completely wrong.

From the GK76a model, it got UPSD forks. Well maybe you did say that, but you started with mentioning about you having RWU (RSU?) and later on you said you had the model before mine.

There's more to an SP than what you mentioned.

First of all the forks are NOT the same. SP's are fully adjustable (Preload, rebound and compression) whereas non-sp models only have adjustable preload.

SP's have a close ratio gearbox with (very) high 1st gear.
The adjustablle piggybag shock was first only on 1990 SP's, but from 1991 all GK76a got it.

The SP's have a shorter wheelbase (although this is done by dropping the yokes, so can be done on non-sp's too).

Now another BIG difference is that SP's have a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) on it (hence the SECS designation, which stands for Suzuki Electronic Carburation System)

According to the throttle position, the ignition is advanced/retarded accoringly.
Because of this, the CDI is more complicated and has a bigger wiring loom.

So there's more than just longer gearing and adjustable rear shock!


EDIT: And I totally forgot, the SP's have 35mm carbs vs. 33mm for the regular models. SP's also have bigger emulsion tube and (probably some more different internals, since it's bigger carbs).
____________________
www.idon-industries.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:30 - 26 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorrrryyyyy. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:27 - 26 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

quacker_boy wrote:
i dunno how many other people you'll find on here with GSXR400s but you'll find a lot of people with ZXR400s and VFR400s.


just like a lot of people with r1's etc , popular is'nt always right Very Happy Very Happy

theres thousands of mondeo's on the road but it doesnt mean you'd buy one Laughing Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:53 - 27 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike Thumbs Up Smile

But why did you remove the hugger? Confused
____________________
Past: Honda NSR125R >> Kawasaki ER-5a2 >> Kawasaki ZZR-600e1 >> Suzuki GSXR-750Y >> Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm
"Chickity China the Chinese Chicken..."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bidman
Crazy Courier



Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:55 - 27 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Ive owned 2 gsxr400 GK76A's, there very nice bikes, pain in the arse to work on though. They have a much lighter front end than the zxr's etc... more fun to throw around and wheelie thats for sure. Pleased to see someone prepared to buy something a bit different for a change Thumbs Up. Pictures of one my old gsxr400;
____________________
Don't ride it, RAG IT!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy



Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:09 - 27 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

reminds me of an rgv250.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jonnay
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:13 - 27 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the build quality like on these, by the way? I heard it wasn't as good as the equivalent honda/kwak offerings..

Still looks faaking nice though Smile
____________________
::'04 Yamaha Jog:: || ::'01 Honda NSR:: || ::'00 Suzuki Swift:: || ::'89 Swift GTi:: || ::'96 Swift Poverty Spec:: || ::'92 Swift GTi::
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bidman
Crazy Courier



Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:23 - 27 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the rgv250 and the gsxr400 do use many of the same body parts thats why they look the same. The reliability of the GSXR400 is not that great compared to the kawasaki and honda equivalents and the parts are 3 times more expensive and more difficult to get hold of but for me they are a lot easier to throw around and have fun with compared to other heavier 400cc bikes, Dan Thumbs Up
____________________
Don't ride it, RAG IT!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iDON
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:24 - 27 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

AcIdBuRnZ wrote:
Nice bike Thumbs Up Smile

But why did you remove the hugger? Confused


Why?

Because it looks 100x better without. And I'ma fair weather driver only.
I'm gonna make a chainguard ala GSXR600 though for some protection,but without the huge hugger that's attached to mine.

I like this "MV F4/916" look.

It wouldn't have been a problem if the swingarm was brached. I like the swingarm, but on brached items, the hugger/chainguars can be much smaller.


And to all others. I have never driven any other 400 bike, but you know. I'm always kinda...well..suspicious if you want...sure different bikes, drive differently, but you'll get used to any bike if you ride it long enough.
This was a bike I could get for a good price plus I like it's looks. And since I have a rare(r) SP version, it's all good. And enough parts on UK Ebay and I have a few connections.
There even one who bought Kwak ZX6R (2k3 model) radial forks and calipers that he'll fit on his GSXR400.

The bike suits me, but if I had a ZX4R VFR400 or any other, I would probably find it ok just as much.
____________________
www.idon-industries.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iDON
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:26 - 27 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmer wrote:
reminds me of an rgv250.


Basically it is.

This is the (IL4) 4stroke equivalent of the RGV250.
____________________
www.idon-industries.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iDON
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:27 - 27 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

bidman wrote:
hey Ive owned 2 gsxr400 GK76A's, there very nice bikes, pain in the arse to work on though. They have a much lighter front end than the zxr's etc... more fun to throw around and wheelie thats for sure. Pleased to see someone prepared to buy something a bit different for a change Thumbs Up. Pictures of one my old gsxr400;


Nice one bidman, although the front end is a but plain to me. And to me the 1991 paintscheme is the best. But that's just me.

And what's up with the huge right mirror? Very Happy
____________________
www.idon-industries.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bidman
Crazy Courier



Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:05 - 27 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the front end is a bit plain on that one because the photo was taken before i resprayed it, as that bike had been in a front ender, also explains the huge right mirror before i had the new pair. The other GSXR400 that i had was the yellow and black paint scheme, that one really looked the business. Dan
____________________
Don't ride it, RAG IT!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:08 - 27 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

iDON wrote:
Because it looks 100x better without.


Fair enough. If looks are more important than protecting the rear shock, and you have plenty muhoney to fix/replace it then it's your decision Thumbs Up Confused
____________________
Past: Honda NSR125R >> Kawasaki ER-5a2 >> Kawasaki ZZR-600e1 >> Suzuki GSXR-750Y >> Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm
"Chickity China the Chinese Chicken..."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bidman
Crazy Courier



Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 27 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fair enough. If looks are more important than protecting the rear shock, and you have plenty muhoney to fix/replace it then it's your decision

Yeah i agree with AcIdBuRnZ its not all that noticeable whether its on or off anyway, just leave it on it will protect your shock Thumbs Up
____________________
Don't ride it, RAG IT!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 286 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.79 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 139.1 Kb