|
|
| Author |
Message |
| iDON |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iDON Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 25 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:00 - 25 Dec 2005 Post subject: :: My GSXR400R SPII |
 |
|
Hello fellow members.
I just singned up, to be able to do searches etc, specifically for fellow GSXR400R owners.
It seems there not much around, so I hop I find a few here as well.
So here goes.
These pics are from last summer, I didn't take much after that. Just been riding it as much as possible.
This is my very first bike, bought in May 2005. Got my (full) license
in august 2004 and in between I hdan't even touched a bike, so I HAD to get me one this summer.
Always fancied a Gixxer, specially in White/Blue colorscheme, and white wheels.
I went to look around and stumbled on this 400cc Gixxer, which untill I saw the ad, I didn't even know these existed!!
Well it was fairly cheap, I didn't want to spend a fortune on my first bike, since I expect to lay it on its side someday...so I went to take a look and testdrive and picked it up a week later.
Ok so it's not incredibly fast, like todays high-tech bikes, but do I enjoy it? Hell yeah!
Steers like a razorblade and boy, is it small! (certainly since I'm 6'3" / 90kilo's myself) but since I come from 9 years of (highly tuned scootering) I didn't find it to be too small.
I can flick this thing around like it's made from paper.
Since then, I also realized I got my hands on an rare SPII version. With even more rare single seat cover.
Anyways, enough talking, you want to see the pics I presume, so heer goes...
(and a homage to my good old moped (highly tuned 2stroke scooter)
https://img281.echo.cx/img281/516/gsxr400r011va.jpg
https://img281.echo.cx/img281/3517/gsxr400r021qe.jpg
https://img281.echo.cx/img281/5231/gsxr400r032pq.jpg
https://img281.echo.cx/img281/516/gsxr400r045uk.jpg
https://img281.echo.cx/img281/301/gsxr400r058jt.jpg
https://img281.echo.cx/img281/4378/gsxr400r060lw.jpg
https://img281.echo.cx/img281/9955/gsxr400r072fm.jpg
https://img281.echo.cx/img281/5596/gsxr400r085ss.jpg
https://img282.echo.cx/img282/7130/gsxr400r103rl.jpg
https://img282.echo.cx/img282/8829/gsxr400r114ys.jpg
And a newer pic, when I took of the way too big hugger....
https://images5.theimagehosting.com/Gixxer_02.jpg
Currently I'm taking my bike apart to repaint or polish parts, basically, make it look as new as possible.
Last two days I took apart the rearsets and finished polishing the "main plates".
I also have some small cosmetic parts on order.
PS. I go my the name of Folkert and I'm from Holland. Hope you enjoy and youc an learn be a few things...
EDIT: Ok I see pics are resized, even though hosted somewhere else. That's why they look crippled... ____________________ www.idon-industries.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NC30UK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NC30UK Scooby Slapper
Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iDON |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iDON Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 25 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jonnay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jonnay World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Mar 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Type_Mo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Type_Mo World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:30 - 25 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Very Niice  ____________________ - Typhoon ?0 - Yamaha DT125R - Aprilia SR125 - Yamaha DT125R - Honda Hornet 600 - |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iDON |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iDON Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 25 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jonnay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jonnay World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Mar 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:41 - 25 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cool, nice one mate I wouldn't mind having a good scoot to mess around on, bikes are fun for doing long trips on, and high speeds, but I loved being able to mess around on my 2 50s. Might buy a cheap 125 scooter in the summer, if one comes up at the right price!
Jon ____________________ ::'04 Yamaha Jog:: || ::'01 Honda NSR:: || ::'00 Suzuki Swift:: || ::'89 Swift GTi:: || ::'96 Swift Poverty Spec:: || ::'92 Swift GTi:: |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| quacker_boy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 quacker_boy Cuddle Bitch

Joined: 06 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dom_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dom_ Points Mean Prizes

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iDON |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iDON Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 25 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| numark1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 numark1 Scared of girls

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:10 - 26 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had the RRSP and that had RSU forks. SP just gives you longer gearing and adjustable rear shock. The forks on your bike are standard on all GK76 models.
Mines was a GK73A RRSP.
Looks mint.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iDON |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iDON Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 25 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:30 - 26 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
| T44TE M wrote: | I had the RRSP and that had RSU forks. SP just gives you longer gearing and adjustable rear shock. The forks on your bike are standard on all GK76 models.
Mines was a GK73A RRSP.
Looks mint.  |
Sorry mate. Completely wrong.
From the GK76a model, it got UPSD forks. Well maybe you did say that, but you started with mentioning about you having RWU (RSU?) and later on you said you had the model before mine.
There's more to an SP than what you mentioned.
First of all the forks are NOT the same. SP's are fully adjustable (Preload, rebound and compression) whereas non-sp models only have adjustable preload.
SP's have a close ratio gearbox with (very) high 1st gear.
The adjustablle piggybag shock was first only on 1990 SP's, but from 1991 all GK76a got it.
The SP's have a shorter wheelbase (although this is done by dropping the yokes, so can be done on non-sp's too).
Now another BIG difference is that SP's have a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) on it (hence the SECS designation, which stands for Suzuki Electronic Carburation System)
According to the throttle position, the ignition is advanced/retarded accoringly.
Because of this, the CDI is more complicated and has a bigger wiring loom.
So there's more than just longer gearing and adjustable rear shock!
EDIT: And I totally forgot, the SP's have 35mm carbs vs. 33mm for the regular models. SP's also have bigger emulsion tube and (probably some more different internals, since it's bigger carbs). ____________________ www.idon-industries.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| numark1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 numark1 Scared of girls

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:30 - 26 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sorrrryyyyy.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR Mick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR Mick World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:27 - 26 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AcIdBuRnZ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AcIdBuRnZ World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Jul 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bidman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bidman Crazy Courier

Joined: 01 Oct 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:55 - 27 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
hey Ive owned 2 gsxr400 GK76A's, there very nice bikes, pain in the arse to work on though. They have a much lighter front end than the zxr's etc... more fun to throw around and wheelie thats for sure. Pleased to see someone prepared to buy something a bit different for a change . Pictures of one my old gsxr400; ____________________ Don't ride it, RAG IT!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| palmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 palmer Fiddled Kiddy

Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jonnay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jonnay World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Mar 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bidman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bidman Crazy Courier

Joined: 01 Oct 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:23 - 27 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah the rgv250 and the gsxr400 do use many of the same body parts thats why they look the same. The reliability of the GSXR400 is not that great compared to the kawasaki and honda equivalents and the parts are 3 times more expensive and more difficult to get hold of but for me they are a lot easier to throw around and have fun with compared to other heavier 400cc bikes, Dan  ____________________ Don't ride it, RAG IT!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iDON |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iDON Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 25 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iDON |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iDON Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 25 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iDON |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iDON Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 25 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bidman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bidman Crazy Courier

Joined: 01 Oct 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AcIdBuRnZ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AcIdBuRnZ World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Jul 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bidman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bidman Crazy Courier

Joined: 01 Oct 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 286 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|