Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Cagers trying to "out drive" you

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 15 Jan 2006    Post subject: Cagers trying to "out drive" you Reply with quote

Seems to be happening a lot with me recently.

I come up behind them and they speed up and try and take "lines" around the corners etc...meanwhile I am sat behind them waiting for the next overtaking opertunity.

1) Your VW Jetta is not faster than my ZX6R

2) You cant drive for shit anyways

I wish they would get over it, I wasnt trying to race in the first place Just want to get to where I am going too (i.e. ride at about 70 non stop on the way home from uni down a peice of A road I know quite well)

I just try and ride at 1 speed being smooth in this weather, its certainly not as fast as I am capable of going.

Its only when I get behind these people that they speed up and try to stop me overtaking. At this point I take the bait as I think...sod it not like I can loose to this ford mondeo.

Soon as a safe place to overtake and bam Im passed then they slow down.

Whats the point?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:48 - 15 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gives them a rush.
____________________
duck my sick!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Type_Mo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:15 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They get soo insacure when we go to overtake
____________________
- Typhoon ?0 - Yamaha DT125R - Aprilia SR125 - Yamaha DT125R - Honda Hornet 600 -
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:24 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh its all very said..

More annoying when they are pootleing at 40 on a national limmit on a totaly empty straight road (fair enough, 40 is fast enough for some) you ovetrtake them giveing plenty of space suddenly...
Oh noez a motehbike has teh overtaken me, i'll prove the size of my penis is great by speeding up loads!
Then they are pelting allog as fast as they can't cope with to prove their astra is the most amazeing vehicle known to mankind

Being outrun by the 80's quater of a ton lump seems to upset them just as much as a sportsbike screeming past.. where i couldn't give the faintest shit if they can go faster Rolling Eyes
____________________
>RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:28 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You aint seen nothing till a 87 Ford Crown Victoria thinks its faster than you Laughing

https://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4123/9039vd.jpg
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wristjob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:30 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get the same thing from bikers when i want to pass them in the van.
they go quick on the straight bits and go really steady through the curves.
then i get it from cars when im out on the bike.
so i recon its not car drivers and its not bike riders.
its just that most people on the road are shit regardles of what they drive/ride.
and once you accept that as a fact then idiots dont surprise you because you were expecting a twats manouver.
it gives you a calm feeling while riding/driving and helps me through the mundane crap that is the working day
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wristjob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:33 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
You aint seen nothing till a 87 Ford Crown Victoria thinks its faster than you Laughing

https://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4123/9039vd.jpg

my god that is an ugly car
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Apr 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Re: Cagers trying to "out drive" you Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:

Whats the point?


I can see why it annoys you but still, they might be alright guys just having a laugh with you, maybe they just want to see what the bike can do?

As long as its all done in a friendly way its all good fun. A guy in an Audi TT did it to me yesterday. He was dropping way back from the car in front and then accelerating, coaxing me to keep up (not much of an effort). When the road opened up he pulled right over and waved me past. Not all of them are dickheads, just take it in jest.
____________________
"he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"- Dr. Johnson
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Dan 4RR This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:43 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viva I know you dislike the fact I live in America but I can complain about people here like I would in the uk Wink

So stfu and leave me alone.

*EDIT*

Yes they are very ugly cars and get aboot 12 mpg Laughing
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:01 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I overtook a guy in a ford fiesta Zetec thing And thought nothing of it, but when he caught up with me as I was slowing down too turn into a road to go home I thought "oh he was trying to keep up" so cancelled my indicator and gave it some, slowed down let him catch up then zoom off again, turned around in a village and on the way back he gave us a friendly wave and I did the same.

But he was wanting to go fast in the first place, its the people who were not that piss me off, its a waste of their petrol.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:04 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zetec's are nippy little bastards Shocked
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:50 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember that someone who is in a car and only drives a car will think you need as much room and time as a car to overtake them.

So just maybe, when you catch them up, they think that you haven't got the time or space to get past so they'd better go a bit faster to avoid holding you up or try to stop you tailgating them?

Anyone who rides a bike themselves will normally slow down and pull to the left if they see a clear overtaking opportunity ahead for a bike just behind them, anyone who doesn't will see a bike up their arse & think "God I'd better get away from this nutter".
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EllioTT_GiXXeR
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 02 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:54 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it every day, mostly 5 kids in a 1.4 car made by the french.
____________________
www.gixerjunkies.net www.gixerjunkies.net www.gixerjunkies.net www.gixerjunkies.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:54 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:

But he was wanting to go fast in the first place, its the people who were not that piss me off, its a waste of their petrol.

If you speed up to take their 'bait', maybe they are speeding up for the same reasons?

Or rather than wanting to prove that they are faster, just want a bit of 'fun'?

Don't see the harm, myself. Surely if you don't want to go faster, don't and let them bugger off. They'll probably get a slight smugness until the next time a bike tries and does want to play.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:40 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of the time it is just people having fun.
I know I used to try to goad bikes into going quick just for the spectacle.
I saw someone in a 1.8 3 series (gay compact) yesterday shoot off like a bat out of hell when he saw me in his rear view. He must have got up to about 90 (in a 50 zone) by the time he had to slow for a roundabout.
Anyone would have thought I was waving a gun at him.]

At least it shows that they've seen you. I prefer that to a 90 year old blind woman driving her honda civic at 20mph in front of me.
____________________
GSXR600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

riichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:52 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i juat normaly laff....and then shout out to them that they just got ownd by a 33BHP 400cc bike Mr. Green
____________________
.......... PLOD ............ zx636 2004
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

spitfire
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:12 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had it a few times where the chav boys in their Saxo/Nova have floored it when they see me on the bike come up behind them. Normally they are 1.1L cars which probably have a 0-60 time of 15 seconds, add the oversized exhaust pipe, spoiler kit, max power stickers, anodised crap and their mates with 1/2 oz of resin in their pockets sat in the rear and the 0-60 time will be down to 17 sec, why on earth would they think they could outrun a bike with 100+ HP ? FFS I could beat them on a C90.

The time that really baffled me (and pissed me off) was one night I was in the car on the way home, I had been for a meal with Mrs spitfire and it was late on a Saturday so I wanted to get back home before last orders, I was in the car and was going at a fair pace, I over took a MKII Golf which was only doing about 30mph, I swiftly went around a roundabout and on the exit I noticed the Golf came right up behind me, too close for comfort, so I indicated and slowed down but so did he, so I went back up to the speed I was doing and joined the dual carriageway, the Golf raced past me on the slip road and off it went, sometime later I came up behind the golf doing about 50, I went to overtake it and guess what it speeded up! This happened again, I was getting pretty pissed off so I pulled into a lay-by and waited for a bit, what a c*nt, surely it was clear I didn’t want a race? F8cking missed last orders as well.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Crazy Manx Man
The Fly Swatter



Joined: 26 Oct 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:48 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eat R1s for fun.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RealNinja
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:03 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

spitfire wrote:

I pulled into a lay-by and waited for a bit, what a c*nt, surely it was clear I didn’t want a race? F8cking missed last orders as well.


I have had this happen to me in my old 1.3 Polo Rolling Eyes

Instead of pulling over though I sat behind him with my lights on full beam Twisted Evil

On the subject of cars racing with bikes though, if it's a nice sports car and they look like they want to play I will 'cap' my speed to about 100/120ish to allow them to keep up. As it's been said already these people might just want to play, I know I do when I am out in my car (200SX) and while I know I cannot really keep up with the bikes/quicker cars it's fun to try within reason.

Main problem with 'proper' sports cars is that they are so precious to their owners that they won't take you on on the bike. There is many a time when I have baited a Ferrari or Porche and they won't play Sad .

Big Jap sports cars though - now there's a group of drivers always up for a race Twisted Evil Wink Cool

Crazy Manx Man wrote:
I eat R1s for fun.


Well done, but a bit off topic....... Confused Laughing
____________________
You will become my force of retribution. Where you tread, doom will follow. Go now and claim your destiny
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

spitfire
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:15 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Manx Man wrote:
I eat R1s for fun.


Corse you do, then you wake up! Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealNinja wrote:
Main problem with 'proper' sports cars is that they are so precious to their owners that they won't take you on on the bike. There is many a time when I have baited a Ferrari or Porche and they won't play Sad .

Big Jap sports cars though - now there's a group of drivers always up for a race Twisted Evil Wink Cool


I agree with you on the Ferrari, Porsche point. I've caught up with a few, the excitement builds and they just pull over. Thumbs Down The closest I've got was a Maranello who booted it away from an traffic island then went nowhere, great sound though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:59 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funniest example of this happened 2 days ago, i had stopped at a petrol station with my g/f on the back and my mate riding his Divvy. I had just put the pump back on the rack and started to get off my bike to go pay, when this blue rover metro starts wheel spinning and thrashes out of the station, my mate on his divvy grabs his lid and starts following him.

None of us realised (my mate had just taken off after him for a bit of fun cos he looked like a boy racer), but the metro hadnt actually payed for his fuel.

Now this metro must have thought he was shifting some and loosing the bike, because he was taking racing lines and straightening out bends on the other side of the road at 50mph... Now i dont know what those cars handle like ,but racing lines at 50? I was pissing myself, all to get away from my mates Divvy. He got bored, rode passed him 1 handed at 70 , turned round, went back to the petrol station and waved back at the car as he passed it again.

Made me chuckle.

Aswell as that i get random cars from college with their stupid wings on the back that make it look like the car is about to take off, trying to beat me down the 30 limits... of course they do it because its a 30 limit and i aint speeding, but as soon as we hit the dual carraigeways they are forced to make way for my GS500e Laughing That always makes me chuckle.
____________________
CBT Aug '03 ... Gilera GSM 50 ... Honda NSR 125 Aug '04 ...
Full Test Dec 04... Suzuki GS500 Jan 05... Suzuki SV650 Mar 07... Gixxer 6 K5 May 08... Oh and my 'Rado Wink
My Bikepics.com - No Brakes, No Gears... No Fear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:01 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealNinja wrote:

Main problem with 'proper' sports cars is that they are so precious to their owners that they won't take you on on the bike. There is many a time when I have baited a Ferrari or Porche and they won't play Sad .


Was on my first cx and a guy in a (shiney new one, dunno what it was) porche was reving at the lights, so i think i might as well, i fly past with allot less effort then expected, as passing i look over... i'll never forget the look on his face, looked like he'd just found an angry jelly fish in his pants Laughing

Its difficult to say when its a bit of fun and when its not, some drivers out there with very mixed up ideas..
____________________
>RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:19 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite one was when I was sat at the front of a set of lights in the inside lane on my old Blackbird. A porsche came booting it down the outside lane as the lights changed. He got a rolling start, I got a standing start, guess who won to the 100 mark? Very Happy

I also had a woman try to race me in her Nissan 350Z when I was on the Blade. They might have 287 Bhp but it really doesn't matter in a car that weighs 1.5 tonnes.

I felt like getting off and giving her a maths lesson:

287/1.5=191.3 bhp/tonne
125/0.3=416 bhp/tonne

That's why I kicked your arse Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.32 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 137.97 Kb