|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:50 - 19 Jan 2006 Post subject: New R6 2006 model |
 |
|
Popped into my local Yamaha dealer for a chat today, and they let me have a fiddle with one of these. I've seen the pictures of it and thought it looked ok, but in the flesh it is absolutely stunning!
It was the black 'stealth' colour scheme, and it looks fantastic, from the lines to the clocks to the quality of the finish. I'm too frakked up at the moment to take it for a test ride, but they let me sit on it and rev the engine up a bit - what an exhilarating sound!
For the first time, I'm considering getting a supersports 600 to run alongside a sensible commuter. It's not the long distance sports tourer I was contemplating, but I don't think I could ever get tired of it's looks, and it would look the mutt's standing outside a country pub in the summer.
Only real downsides could be it's physical size, and whether the steep increase in usable power from the Fazer would throw me for a while.
And, of course, I believe it costs around £7500! ____________________ >Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Silver |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Silver World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dainesefreak |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dainesefreak World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Apr 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:24 - 19 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
and so the Gixxer clan gather . . . .  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Silver |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Silver World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:25 - 19 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dainesefreak |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dainesefreak World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Apr 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:29 - 19 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I actually like the new R6, I liked the old one (05). It's head and shoulders over the CBR600F and nicer than the 600RR, IMO, of course. So I wouldn't try and bring him over to the dark side like some.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Absolute_Kwackers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Absolute_Kwackers Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 08 Jan 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jrod |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jrod Page 3 Girl

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:21 - 20 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Looking at pictures I quite like the look of the r6, I then went to see it at the showroom and quickly changed my mind, not my cup of tea.
zx6r imo.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:20 - 20 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I haven't seen the gixxer in the flesh (so to speak) yet, but my first thoughts on looking at it are that I'm not too keen on the cut-aways in the fairing. Could be that, like the R6, the pictures don't do it justice.
| Siggi wrote: |
I've sat on one and was quite impressed at the physical size (fitted my 6' 5" quite nicely), not to mention the look of it. The very end of the tail unit is a bit too minimalistic for my taste though, and that entire number-plate/indicator hanger would have to go
|
Well that's interesting, at 6'1 I'm a good few inches shorter - I think my problem is probably that after a scooter and the Fazer, I'm used to more upright positions, so the very low screen at the front looks a little daunting. The seat etc. looked fine for my size, so I guess it's just the front end and bars giving me the willies.
When I'm fully recovered I'll see about getting a test ride - probably in a different shop now that they've seen what I did to my last Yamaha! ____________________ >Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 269 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|