|
|
| Author |
Message |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:03 - 21 Jan 2006 Post subject: problem on tt600 sorted itself, but what was it ? |
 |
|
on xmas eve I dropped my tt600, resulting in cosmetic damage, but it wdnt start either.
It was still running when i picked it up, but when i tried to start it, it went whirr-clunk and wdnt start.
I tried it a couple of more times before the recovery vehicle came but same thing.
At some point I was gonna get it to be fixed. I tried it about a week after the drop and it was still the same. Then this week, when I Pheonix (off here) came back to look at it after the pub, it started with no problem !
Obviously Im overjoyed that I dont have to get it fixed and shell out loads, but what was it that stopped it working.
I think I told Pheonix that I hadnt moved it since I tried it last, but now I think I had.
On my first ride after finding out that it worked again, it smoked a lot (oily blue smoke) for about a mile but was then clear.
Anyone know what the problem might have been ?
(thanks again to pheonix for his magical powers) ____________________ colin1 is officially faster than god |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| loply |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 loply World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:35 - 21 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Was the starter motor spinning when you held the button down?
Which side did it fall on, the left? If so, was it just stuck in gear from the gear lever/shaft being knocked? ____________________ Yamaha SZR660 Caution to the wind, the throttle pinned! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kram |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kram World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fazed |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fazed Korn is my hero!

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|