Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bit of a shit week TBH.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Bit of a shit week TBH. Reply with quote

A girl i knew, and liked, has died. She caught pneumonia in Barcelona and the pressure of flying back caused her lungs to fill with fluid. She collapsed at the airport and was rushed to hospital, eventually dying from a bloodclot. It's gonna be odd having an empty seat next to me in sociology and it has devastated a lot of the upper sixth form at our school. I was also mates with her boyfriend, who has gone to pieces, they may as well have been married, they'd been together for years...

A mate has been locked up for assault, about 8 weeks away from starting a scolarship with the RAF, which has now gone down the pan. He's got previous so has had his warning, it annoys me how stupid he has been, but most of all i feel sad for him, it's kind of shitted his life up.

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 19:08 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

sucks man, hope it picks up for you Thumbs Up

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:39 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this seems a bit thick but how do you catch pneumonia, I thought it was only common with old people not being able to deal with cold… Thinking

So sorry to hear about that mate, her boyfriend needs a lot of support. Neutral Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Chriss
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a result of an infection.

https://www.reutershealth.com/wellconnected/doc64.html

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:38 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I’ll rate later… Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:47 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Re: Bit of a shit week TBH. Reply with quote

lilredmachine wrote:
She caught pneumonia in Barcelona and the pressure of flying back caused her lungs to fill with fluid.

Did she not know she had Pneumonia? I'm guessing not if she got on the plane (or they let her get on the plane)...

Still, try and keep your chin up and carry on the best you can and keep an eye on the boyfriend, they can often get forgotten in times like these...

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it all happened very quickly, her family did not know she was ill till she landed, by the time they had gotten her to the ambulance she had collapsed.

kath600
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:00 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

read about this in the county press today.

very sad indeed Sad

mattd
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:39 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilredmachine, what Sixth form do you go to?

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:14 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world can seem a shit place at times mate. I have lost a few people close to me recently, one was just yesterday.

It just makes me appreciate the people I have left even more.

When I was joining the RAF, I had a friend who was joining at the same time. A girl I knew falsely accused him of rape and he lost everything. His family disowned him, and he lost sight of his future. The Air Force was his only dream.

I don't know where he is now.

You just have to fight on, and make a point of making the time you have worth while. Remember the joy that person gave you, and the hope that you have to make your own life worth living.

My plan is to live my life so that I die with no regrets. I won't throw my life away by taking stupid risks, but I will make sure that I experience as much as I can and do everything that I dream of doing.

I will protect and provide for the people I love, as these are the people who will give my life a focus when it all goes wrong.

Keep smiling and find an aim. Achieving that aim is not important, it's the journey getting there that will make you who you are.

Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 97 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1