|
|
| Author |
Message |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:31 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: just booked my DAS.. omg HOW MUCH???! |
 |
|
just went and booked my DAS... £610 for a 5 day course.. I was expecting less than £500. Total cost to date to obtain a full licence (Which I wont even know Ive got or not till test day)..
CBT = £85
Theory = £25
DAS £610
Test = £55
£775!!
I want to be extortionate really just to get on the road. ____________________ 04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| frogmella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 frogmella Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 12 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:35 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
The test price goes up on the 1st of April as well.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| frogmella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 frogmella Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 12 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:40 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
£58 i think i'll have to find the link again.
I'm in the same boat as you m8, £600 for my DAS, if i fail my test i'll have to pay for that again and more tuition AND bike hire .
Good luck fella. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:43 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Where the hell are you going for this deal?
The one I've been offered is a 5 day course including:
Bike hire
Escort to test centre
Test fee
Plus I don't pay anything but the retest fee if I fail!
Wtf? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RobB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RobB Spanner Monkey

Joined: 29 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:44 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
That's mental.
Mine was £400, for the CBT on Sunday, 3 days riding, then the test on Thursday. This would have included two re-tests if I'd failed the first one, but I'd have had to pay if I wanted extra lessons. This was 6 years ago.
Don't get me wrong, good training is priceless, but that's a lot of money. ____________________ - Yeah, you know the type, loud as a motorbike, wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
- The only thing I learned from love, was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.
- If I don't meet you no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, don't be late. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| frogmella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 frogmella Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 12 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:47 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Toby R wrote: | Where the hell are you going for this deal?
The one I've been offered is a 5 day course including:
 Bike hire
 Escort to test centre
 Test fee
Plus I don't pay anything but the retest fee if I fail!
Wtf? |
What area are you in? I'm doing my test Inner City (Road Runner in Leeds) so i'm sure that doesn't help.
My Course is £569 ,5 Days, Bike hire, tuition, theory test and bike test included.
I think bike hire or tuition is free if i need a retest, can't remember. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:51 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| frogmella wrote: | | Toby R wrote: | Where the hell are you going for this deal?
The one I've been offered is a 5 day course including:
 Bike hire
 Escort to test centre
 Test fee
Plus I don't pay anything but the retest fee if I fail!
Wtf? |
What area are you in? I'm doing my test Inner City (Road Runner in Leeds) so i'm sure that doesn't help.
My Course is £569 ,5 Days, Bike hire, tuition, theory test and bike test included.
I think bike hire or tuition is free if i need a retest, can't remember. |
thing is your paying £600 all in so to speak. Ive paid for the theory and the test already and still gotta fork out £600!!! ... Surely ive missed something or someone has fucked up... ____________________ 04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gemma1675 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gemma1675 Scooby Slapper

Joined: 20 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:57 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi All,
I paid £624 for the CBT + four days on the 500cc including test fees. Didn't think that was too bad really! The other main training centre in the area was the same price but it was 3 days on 125 + only 2 on 500 (i.e. the day before your test, plus test day - I didn't think that was enough!)
However now I have to pay £170 on top for one day training including test fee for my retake
I didn't have to pay for fuel - I know my hubbie did when he did his training many years ago  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| frogmella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 frogmella Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 12 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| frogmella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 frogmella Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 12 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scorpius |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scorpius Scooby Slapper

Joined: 19 Oct 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:13 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: Re: just booked my DAS.. omg HOW MUCH???! |
 |
|
| element wrote: | just went and booked my DAS... £610 for a 5 day course.. I was expecting less than £500. Total cost to date to obtain a full licence (Which I wont even know Ive got or not till test day)..
CBT = £85
Theory = £25
DAS £610
Test = £55
£775!!
I want to be  extortionate really just to get on the road. |
You've been ripped m8. I paid £450 which included test fee that was with 3 days training. People can get it even cheaper. He's conning you into a 5 day course. Thats bollox you only need 2 days or 3 max. I would call him and tell him you only want a 3 day course and see if you can get refunded 2 days. ____________________ Cagiva Mito 125 (sold)
Honda CBR400RR NC23 (sold)
Currently riding: Honda CBR600F |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| frogmella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 frogmella Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 12 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:16 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: Re: just booked my DAS.. omg HOW MUCH???! |
 |
|
| Scorpius wrote: | | element wrote: | just went and booked my DAS... £610 for a 5 day course.. I was expecting less than £500. Total cost to date to obtain a full licence (Which I wont even know Ive got or not till test day)..
CBT = £85
Theory = £25
DAS £610
Test = £55
£775!!
I want to be  extortionate really just to get on the road. |
You've been ripped m8. I paid £450 which included test fee that was with 3 days training. People can get it even cheaper. He's conning you into a 5 day course. Thats bollox you only need 2 days or 3 max. I would call him and tell him you only want a 3 day course and see if you can get refunded 2 days. |
You paid £150 per day of training if u divide it by 3, Element's works out at £133 including his test (610+55/5)..... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:17 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: Re: just booked my DAS.. omg HOW MUCH???! |
 |
|
| Scorpius wrote: | | element wrote: | just went and booked my DAS... £610 for a 5 day course.. I was expecting less than £500. Total cost to date to obtain a full licence (Which I wont even know Ive got or not till test day)..
CBT = £85
Theory = £25
DAS £610
Test = £55
£775!!
I want to be  extortionate really just to get on the road. |
You've been ripped m8. I paid £450 which included test fee that was with 3 days training. People can get it even cheaper. He's conning you into a 5 day course. Thats bollox you only need 2 days or 3 max. I would call him and tell him you only want a 3 day course and see if you can get refunded 2 days. |
Only paid £100 deposit down so far and the test fee and outstanding is £510 and they want all of it before my first lesson. Still have time to make changes. Im gonna find out if weekends are more expensive and by how much cos i might aswell take time off work as holiday else. ____________________ 04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scorpius |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scorpius Scooby Slapper

Joined: 19 Oct 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| frogmella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 frogmella Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 12 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:41 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ive been riding at least 10 miles daily since november so I have experience riding, just need to adjust to a bigger bike and gears.
Im not actually bothered about being on a 5 day course. Its the cost. This is the most expensive ive ever come across! Its way above what ive seen around and expected even for a guaranteed pass so it must be because its over a weekend/bankholiday.
Gonna ring em tomoz... Armed tons of questions now ..
edit. Found the letter they sent out with the details.. Its 8:30-4:30 and its a guaranteed pass whatever course (free extra tution/retest im assuming) ____________________ 04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME...
Last edited by element on 19:02 - 21 Mar 2006; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| frogmella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 frogmella Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 12 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carvell |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carvell Scuttler

Joined: 05 Sep 2003 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nb World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:10 - 21 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Seems expensive..i paid 360 pounds for a 4 day course including everything.  ____________________ Cbr1100xx blackbird gone, mk4 golf gt tdi chav now
Colin1 wrote 'Im grateful for what i can get, which isnt all that much.'
Columbus travel insurance are crap!! Do not use! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|