Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


just booked my DAS.. omg HOW MUCH???!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

element
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:31 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: just booked my DAS.. omg HOW MUCH???! Reply with quote

just went and booked my DAS... £610 for a 5 day course.. I was expecting less than £500. Total cost to date to obtain a full licence (Which I wont even know Ive got or not till test day)..

CBT = £85
Theory = £25
DAS £610
Test = £55

£775!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I want to be Sick extortionate really just to get on the road.
____________________
04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

frogmella
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:35 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The test price goes up on the 1st of April as well. Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

element
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

frogmella wrote:
The test price goes up on the 1st of April as well. Sad


Lucky ive already prebooked it then Very Happy how much is it going up to out of interest?
____________________
04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking hell! I've been quoted £480 including the test fee on a 5 day.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

frogmella
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

£58 i think i'll have to find the link again.

I'm in the same boat as you m8, £600 for my DAS, if i fail my test i'll have to pay for that again and more tuition AND bike hire Sad.

Good luck fella.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

element
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:41 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

frogmella wrote:
£58 i think i'll have to find the link again.

I'm in the same boat as you m8, £600 for my DAS, if i fail my test i'll have to pay for that again and more tuition AND bike hire Sad.

Good luck fella.


god hope we pass then Smile I will be severly put off retaking my test if I fail.
____________________
04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME...


Last edited by element on 17:43 - 21 Mar 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:43 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where the hell are you going for this deal?

The one I've been offered is a 5 day course including:

Arrow Bike hire
Arrow Escort to test centre
Arrow Test fee

Plus I don't pay anything but the retest fee if I fail!

Wtf?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

element
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.a-surepass.co.uk/
____________________
04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RobB
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's mental.

Mine was £400, for the CBT on Sunday, 3 days riding, then the test on Thursday. This would have included two re-tests if I'd failed the first one, but I'd have had to pay if I wanted extra lessons. This was 6 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, good training is priceless, but that's a lot of money.
____________________
- Yeah, you know the type, loud as a motorbike, wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
- The only thing I learned from love, was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.
- If I don't meet you no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, don't be late.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

frogmella
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:47 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
Where the hell are you going for this deal?

The one I've been offered is a 5 day course including:

Arrow Bike hire
Arrow Escort to test centre
Arrow Test fee

Plus I don't pay anything but the retest fee if I fail!

Wtf?


What area are you in? I'm doing my test Inner City (Road Runner in Leeds) so i'm sure that doesn't help.

My Course is £569 ,5 Days, Bike hire, tuition, theory test and bike test included.

I think bike hire or tuition is free if i need a retest, can't remember.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

element
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:51 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

frogmella wrote:
Toby R wrote:
Where the hell are you going for this deal?

The one I've been offered is a 5 day course including:

Arrow Bike hire
Arrow Escort to test centre
Arrow Test fee

Plus I don't pay anything but the retest fee if I fail!

Wtf?


What area are you in? I'm doing my test Inner City (Road Runner in Leeds) so i'm sure that doesn't help.

My Course is £569 ,5 Days, Bike hire, tuition, theory test and bike test included.

I think bike hire or tuition is free if i need a retest, can't remember.


thing is your paying £600 all in so to speak. Ive paid for the theory and the test already and still gotta fork out £600!!! Crying or Very sad... Surely ive missed something or someone has fucked up...
____________________
04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

gemma1675
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:57 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I paid £624 for the CBT + four days on the 500cc including test fees. Didn't think that was too bad really! The other main training centre in the area was the same price but it was 3 days on 125 + only 2 on 500 (i.e. the day before your test, plus test day - I didn't think that was enough!)

However now I have to pay £170 on top for one day training including test fee for my retake Sad

I didn't have to pay for fuel - I know my hubbie did when he did his training many years ago Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

frogmella
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:58 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lot I guess, i'm sure if you pass 1st time it'll be worth it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

element
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:02 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

frogmella wrote:
It's a lot I guess, i'm sure if you pass 1st time it'll be worth it.


thinking about it I shoulve bought a 125 for £600 and learned on that before just going in for the test. At least id have seen some money back off the bike Neutral and even if I took the test 5 times I wouldve only paid out £275..
____________________
04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

frogmella
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:07 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a bike would be great to practise on but you'd still need a bit of tuition. What are the hours of your course? I'm doing 9am-14:15 every day this week.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

element
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:12 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

frogmella wrote:
Having a bike would be great to practise on but you'd still need a bit of tuition. What are the hours of your course? I'm doing 9am-14:15 every day this week.


not quite sure I know they are 9am/10am starts.. My mums got my letter thats got all the details on it.. But ive just clicked on... my lessons are on sat+sun then a sat+sun+bank holiday monday.

That would explain it wouldnt it? Sad All I was thinking was I didnt wanna have to lose what little holiday I have left at work. I didnt realise I was taking a lesson on a bank holiday either till I checked the calender a sec ago..

8th+9th then 15th+16th+17th then test on the 19th
____________________
04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME...


Last edited by element on 18:14 - 21 Mar 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Scorpius
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:13 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: just booked my DAS.. omg HOW MUCH???! Reply with quote

element wrote:
just went and booked my DAS... £610 for a 5 day course.. I was expecting less than £500. Total cost to date to obtain a full licence (Which I wont even know Ive got or not till test day)..

CBT = £85
Theory = £25
DAS £610
Test = £55

£775!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I want to be Sick extortionate really just to get on the road.


You've been ripped m8. I paid £450 which included test fee that was with 3 days training. People can get it even cheaper. He's conning you into a 5 day course. Thats bollox you only need 2 days or 3 max. I would call him and tell him you only want a 3 day course and see if you can get refunded 2 days.
____________________
Cagiva Mito 125 (sold)
Honda CBR400RR NC23 (sold)
Currently riding: Honda CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

frogmella
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:16 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: just booked my DAS.. omg HOW MUCH???! Reply with quote

Scorpius wrote:
element wrote:
just went and booked my DAS... £610 for a 5 day course.. I was expecting less than £500. Total cost to date to obtain a full licence (Which I wont even know Ive got or not till test day)..

CBT = £85
Theory = £25
DAS £610
Test = £55

£775!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I want to be Sick extortionate really just to get on the road.


You've been ripped m8. I paid £450 which included test fee that was with 3 days training. People can get it even cheaper. He's conning you into a 5 day course. Thats bollox you only need 2 days or 3 max. I would call him and tell him you only want a 3 day course and see if you can get refunded 2 days.


You paid £150 per day of training if u divide it by 3, Element's works out at £133 including his test (610+55/5).....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

element
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: just booked my DAS.. omg HOW MUCH???! Reply with quote

Scorpius wrote:
element wrote:
just went and booked my DAS... £610 for a 5 day course.. I was expecting less than £500. Total cost to date to obtain a full licence (Which I wont even know Ive got or not till test day)..

CBT = £85
Theory = £25
DAS £610
Test = £55

£775!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I want to be Sick extortionate really just to get on the road.


You've been ripped m8. I paid £450 which included test fee that was with 3 days training. People can get it even cheaper. He's conning you into a 5 day course. Thats bollox you only need 2 days or 3 max. I would call him and tell him you only want a 3 day course and see if you can get refunded 2 days.


Only paid £100 deposit down so far and the test fee and outstanding is £510 and they want all of it before my first lesson. Still have time to make changes. Im gonna find out if weekends are more expensive and by how much cos i might aswell take time off work as holiday else.
____________________
04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Scorpius
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:23 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: just booked my DAS.. omg HOW MUCH???! Reply with quote

frogmella wrote:
You paid £150 per day of training if u divide it by 3, Element's works out at £133 including his test (610+55/5).....


Yep thats fair enough. But he still doesn't need to be down for 5 days of training. That isn't necessary. As I said, the rate I had isn't the cheapest so if he could get a 3day in then he'd be at £399 which would be Thumbs Up
____________________
Cagiva Mito 125 (sold)
Honda CBR400RR NC23 (sold)
Currently riding: Honda CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

frogmella
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:27 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished my second day and don't think i could go into a test right now. I had no previous experiance though, don't know if you did going into your test.


I'm glad i'm doing 5 days, i'd do more if i had the cash, the more tuition the better I say.

Each to their own tho.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

element
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:41 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been riding at least 10 miles daily since november so I have experience riding, just need to adjust to a bigger bike and gears.

Im not actually bothered about being on a 5 day course. Its the cost. This is the most expensive ive ever come across! Its way above what ive seen around and expected even for a guaranteed pass so it must be because its over a weekend/bankholiday.

Gonna ring em tomoz... Armed tons of questions now Very Happy ..

edit. Found the letter they sent out with the details.. Its 8:30-4:30 and its a guaranteed pass whatever course (free extra tution/retest im assuming)
____________________
04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME...


Last edited by element on 19:02 - 21 Mar 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

frogmella
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If yer riding everyday then I agree Scorpius, maybe 5 days is a bit much.

If i'd been out everyday since i did my CBT till now I would have gone for the shorter courses.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler



Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's that much, don't do DAS!

Do the A2 test for £50 (you don't need lessons or anything, I didn't anyway) on a little 125, and wait a couple of years to be able to ride bigger than 33bhp.
____________________
Yamaha TDM 850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:10 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems expensive..i paid 360 pounds for a 4 day course including everything. Confused
____________________
Cbr1100xx blackbird gone, mk4 golf gt tdi chav now
Colin1 wrote 'Im grateful for what i can get, which isnt all that much.'
Columbus travel insurance are crap!! Do not use!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 1.12 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 134.89 Kb