Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Lucid dreaming anyone?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

steveh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:22 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Lucid dreaming anyone? Reply with quote

Well ive been doing it for over a year now keeping a dream book with all my dreams in, the ability to recal your dreams is very important.

Im just wondering if anyone does it on here, and would like to share your dreams.

For those who dont know what it is:

Lucid dreaming means dreaming while knowing that you are dreaming. Lucidity usually begins in the midst of a dream when the dreamer realizes that the experience is not occurring in physical reality, but is a dream. Often this realization is triggered by the dreamer noticing some impossible or unlikely occurrence in the dream, such as flying or meeting the deceased. Sometimes people become lucid without noticing any particular clue in the dream; they just suddenly realize they are in a dream. A minority of lucid dreams (according to the research of LaBerge and colleagues, about 10 percent) are the result of returning to REM (dreaming) sleep directly from an awakening with unbroken reflective consciousness.

You really can have a lot of fun with this, ive only really had one decent one, wich was i was in a train station, and in short, a guy got hit by a train and his head came off, i jumped onto the rails and put it back on and he was alive again, this triggerd it as i knew it was impossible, so to test it, i waited around for the next train, and put my leg infront of it, it went stright through the train, i then ran out of the station and picked a car up, i then awoke, happy that id had my first.

it all sounds really stupid to some people, but belive me its great fun, but you can get addicted to it, and some people have been confused wich one really is reality.

apologies for such a long post, heres a link that i use alot.

https://www.dreamviews.com/


Steve.
____________________
Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

benc
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:27 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had quite a few but cant control when i have them. they are about all sorts of things. i know once u realsie ur dreaming u can make happen what ever u want! ive been flying like superman before there so good because they feel so real.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:54 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you both do it and haven't nobbed a celebrity yet? Thinking

Well I do like dreaming, I often have nightmares and these are quite lucid but I always seem to be restrained in the things I can do, and usually end up dead. How do you get the lucid dreams? Eat cheese before bedtime or something? I have found a way of waking myself from my sleep when I can control actions, and it is quite handy.

Anyway if you boys will excuse me, there's a brand spanking new R1 that needs to be test ridden.

Nighty night. Smile Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:56 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank fuck!

I thought it was just me. I really thought I was weird or something.

It doesn't happen so much anymore, but I used to have a whale of a time. I couldn't control the dream completely, but could 'guide' it if you know what I mean.

Another thing I used to do if I was having a nightmare was to commit suicide in the dream. I usually just jumped of the nearest building and just before I hit the floor I simply woke up, and the dream was over. Wink
____________________
"THOSE WHO RISK NOTHING, DO NOTHING, ACHIEVE NOTHING, BECOME NOTHING."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:15 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had that a few times before, usually not long before my alarms about to go off anyway... but have become consious of whats going on in my dream and realised im half awake sort of but still dreaming and yeah you can sort of control what happens ... i usally wake up soon after tho..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:24 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to do it a few times years ago but these days I rarely even remember my dreams let alone be able to control them.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:52 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having a great nightmare the other night that was turning into a lucid one, we were all in a van type camper thing and the van broke down. When we had stopped and I looked around at the people I realised I didn’t know anyone, I started looking around the camper for things to use, there were noises outside so I grabbed a torch and a bat ready for anything.
The others were your typical stereotypes from a horror film and I was really enjoying it, but just as things were hotting up, I woke up.
Sad Thumbs Down
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Groove
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:36 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone actually died in their dream?

Is it possibe
____________________
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonT
Crazy Courier



Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:06 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've occasionally done it but once I realise im dreaming i wake up really quickly, so I only ever get about half a minute of lucid dreaming Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:24 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've occasionally done it but once I realise im dreaming i wake up really quickly, so I only ever get about half a minute of lucid dreaming


Same here, it's usually when just half asleep or when I've woken up and gone back to sleep. I can sort of do what I want in the dream within the environment it's set but it usually tails off until I'm awake and it become just day-dreaming really.
____________________
GSXR600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:46 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groovearmada wrote:
Has anyone actually died in their dream?

Is it possibe


Qutie a few times.. worrying really Laughing i always seem to get hurt/injured/dead in my dreams.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Groove
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:49 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks! wrote:
Groovearmada wrote:
Has anyone actually died in their dream?

Is it possibe


Qutie a few times.. worrying really Laughing i always seem to get hurt/injured/dead in my dreams.


I always seem to wake up before it happens Confused
____________________
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:29 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup those freams are the best.

Hey wait a minute im dreaming Shocked

*Grabs hotties titties and runs*

To much action movies has an effect on me any dream that involves a shoot out is a good one Laughing Shocked

Worst one is were I could not pull the trigger and got attacked by some nutter with a machette. Laughing
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:53 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groovearmada wrote:
Has anyone actually died in their dream?

Is it possibe


I've been shot in the head in my dreams....

oops sorry that's in the wrong post (should have gone into the post about blow jobs) Laughing

Seriously though, it was 'kill bill' style where someone stood over me, looked into my eyes and shot me in the head!
____________________
Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

steveh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:59 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been killed in a dream, but ive had my legs blown off, i was crawling through bushes in the war, and someone threw a grenade at my legs and i couldnt get it off, i was sat there looking at my legs, looking at the bone, but when i went to touch my legs i woke up.
Of course i looked under the sheets for my legs.

was worrying at the time.
____________________
Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:13 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had anything like that. Come to think about it i hardly have any dreams that i remember. Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:56 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you practice you can have full control over your dreams and learn how to not wake up, although I've never had bothered to learn it properly. It's good fun.
____________________
Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister."


Last edited by SoND on 00:04 - 23 Mar 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

daz|n00by
The Internet



Joined: 11 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:03 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i read somewere that you cant ever see your self die in a dream, you can see yourself after your death and you can see yourself upto your death, but you can never see yourself at the momment of death.
____________________
"Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:05 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz|n00by wrote:
I think i read somewere that you cant ever see your self die in a dream, you can see yourself after your death and you can see yourself upto your death, but you can never see yourself at the momment of death.


I'd like to see them prove it.
____________________
Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:08 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite often realise I'm dreaming and mess about a bit, but I usually find that I start opening my eyes in real life - which conversely makes me lose my sight in the dream - waking me up.

Like others here, such dreams usually involve disgracing myself with teh ladiez! Very Happy
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daz|n00by
The Internet



Joined: 11 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:12 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoND wrote:
If you practice you can have full control over your dreams and learn how to not wake up, although I've never had bothered to learn it properly. It's good fun.


I would like to see proof of that aswell. i mean we only have your word for it dont we?
____________________
"Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:55 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had a few dreams where ive been shot in the head...

But ive never died as a result.

Infact i remember one dream where i was shot in the head, and i fell to the floor with the pain, but i didnt die - and i was actually asking them to shoot me again to get me out of the pain, they did - it didnt work, hurt more.

That realy scare me as i thought it had a deep meaning that i was giving up on life - and that i wasnt a fighter or anything!

Turns out it was just a reaction to playing too many FPS games late at night Laughing But thats not the point Wink

Never realy had lucid dreaming - not to the point where i can actually control the dream anyway. I remember a few dreams where i have worked out that i must be dreaming etc, and i remember them when i wake up - but ive never been able to take control at this point. Not to my knowledge / recolection any way Sad
____________________
CBT Aug '03 ... Gilera GSM 50 ... Honda NSR 125 Aug '04 ...
Full Test Dec 04... Suzuki GS500 Jan 05... Suzuki SV650 Mar 07... Gixxer 6 K5 May 08... Oh and my 'Rado Wink
My Bikepics.com - No Brakes, No Gears... No Fear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:56 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz|n00by wrote:
SoND wrote:
If you practice you can have full control over your dreams and learn how to not wake up, although I've never had bothered to learn it properly. It's good fun.


I would like to see proof of that aswell. i mean we only have your word for it dont we?

Yeah, but its a brilliant thought though isnt it? Smile
____________________
CBT Aug '03 ... Gilera GSM 50 ... Honda NSR 125 Aug '04 ...
Full Test Dec 04... Suzuki GS500 Jan 05... Suzuki SV650 Mar 07... Gixxer 6 K5 May 08... Oh and my 'Rado Wink
My Bikepics.com - No Brakes, No Gears... No Fear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 199 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.87 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 127.12 Kb