|
|
| Author |
Message |
| steveh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steveh World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:22 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: Lucid dreaming anyone? |
 |
|
Well ive been doing it for over a year now keeping a dream book with all my dreams in, the ability to recal your dreams is very important.
Im just wondering if anyone does it on here, and would like to share your dreams.
For those who dont know what it is:
Lucid dreaming means dreaming while knowing that you are dreaming. Lucidity usually begins in the midst of a dream when the dreamer realizes that the experience is not occurring in physical reality, but is a dream. Often this realization is triggered by the dreamer noticing some impossible or unlikely occurrence in the dream, such as flying or meeting the deceased. Sometimes people become lucid without noticing any particular clue in the dream; they just suddenly realize they are in a dream. A minority of lucid dreams (according to the research of LaBerge and colleagues, about 10 percent) are the result of returning to REM (dreaming) sleep directly from an awakening with unbroken reflective consciousness.
You really can have a lot of fun with this, ive only really had one decent one, wich was i was in a train station, and in short, a guy got hit by a train and his head came off, i jumped onto the rails and put it back on and he was alive again, this triggerd it as i knew it was impossible, so to test it, i waited around for the next train, and put my leg infront of it, it went stright through the train, i then ran out of the station and picked a car up, i then awoke, happy that id had my first.
it all sounds really stupid to some people, but belive me its great fun, but you can get addicted to it, and some people have been confused wich one really is reality.
apologies for such a long post, heres a link that i use alot.
https://www.dreamviews.com/
Steve. ____________________ Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| benc |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 benc Scooby Slapper
Joined: 16 Jul 2005 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| phantomtek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 phantomtek Lil Joe Tek
Joined: 20 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:54 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
So you both do it and haven't nobbed a celebrity yet?
Well I do like dreaming, I often have nightmares and these are quite lucid but I always seem to be restrained in the things I can do, and usually end up dead. How do you get the lucid dreams? Eat cheese before bedtime or something? I have found a way of waking myself from my sleep when I can control actions, and it is quite handy.
Anyway if you boys will excuse me, there's a brand spanking new R1 that needs to be test ridden.
Nighty night.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carlnicholson... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carlnicholson... World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:56 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thank fuck!
I thought it was just me. I really thought I was weird or something.
It doesn't happen so much anymore, but I used to have a whale of a time. I couldn't control the dream completely, but could 'guide' it if you know what I mean.
Another thing I used to do if I was having a nightmare was to commit suicide in the dream. I usually just jumped of the nearest building and just before I hit the floor I simply woke up, and the dream was over.  ____________________ "THOSE WHO RISK NOTHING, DO NOTHING, ACHIEVE NOTHING, BECOME NOTHING." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:52 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was having a great nightmare the other night that was turning into a lucid one, we were all in a van type camper thing and the van broke down. When we had stopped and I looked around at the people I realised I didn’t know anyone, I started looking around the camper for things to use, there were noises outside so I grabbed a torch and a bat ready for anything.
The others were your typical stereotypes from a horror film and I was really enjoying it, but just as things were hotting up, I woke up.
 ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Groove |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Groove World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonT Crazy Courier
Joined: 06 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:06 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've occasionally done it but once I realise im dreaming i wake up really quickly, so I only ever get about half a minute of lucid dreaming  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| akaDAVE |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 akaDAVE World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Groove |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Groove World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:29 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yup those freams are the best.
Hey wait a minute im dreaming
*Grabs hotties titties and runs*
To much action movies has an effect on me any dream that involves a shoot out is a good one
Worst one is were I could not pull the trigger and got attacked by some nutter with a machette.  ____________________ ◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lozzypop1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lozzypop1 Certified MILF!

Joined: 04 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steveh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steveh World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:59 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Never been killed in a dream, but ive had my legs blown off, i was crawling through bushes in the war, and someone threw a grenade at my legs and i couldnt get it off, i was sat there looking at my legs, looking at the bone, but when i went to touch my legs i woke up.
Of course i looked under the sheets for my legs.
was worrying at the time. ____________________ Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| numark1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 numark1 Scared of girls

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:13 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've never had anything like that. Come to think about it i hardly have any dreams that i remember.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SoND |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SoND World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:56 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you practice you can have full control over your dreams and learn how to not wake up, although I've never had bothered to learn it properly. It's good fun. ____________________ Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister."
Last edited by SoND on 00:04 - 23 Mar 2006; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| daz|n00by |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daz|n00by The Internet

Joined: 11 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:03 - 23 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think i read somewere that you cant ever see your self die in a dream, you can see yourself after your death and you can see yourself upto your death, but you can never see yourself at the momment of death. ____________________ "Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SoND |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SoND World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:08 - 23 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I quite often realise I'm dreaming and mess about a bit, but I usually find that I start opening my eyes in real life - which conversely makes me lose my sight in the dream - waking me up.
Like others here, such dreams usually involve disgracing myself with teh ladiez!  ____________________ >Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| daz|n00by |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daz|n00by The Internet

Joined: 11 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Method |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Method World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Nov 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:55 - 23 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ive had a few dreams where ive been shot in the head...
But ive never died as a result.
Infact i remember one dream where i was shot in the head, and i fell to the floor with the pain, but i didnt die - and i was actually asking them to shoot me again to get me out of the pain, they did - it didnt work, hurt more.
That realy scare me as i thought it had a deep meaning that i was giving up on life - and that i wasnt a fighter or anything!
Turns out it was just a reaction to playing too many FPS games late at night But thats not the point
Never realy had lucid dreaming - not to the point where i can actually control the dream anyway. I remember a few dreams where i have worked out that i must be dreaming etc, and i remember them when i wake up - but ive never been able to take control at this point. Not to my knowledge / recolection any way  ____________________ CBT Aug '03 ... Gilera GSM 50 ... Honda NSR 125 Aug '04 ...
Full Test Dec 04... Suzuki GS500 Jan 05... Suzuki SV650 Mar 07... Gixxer 6 K5 May 08... Oh and my 'Rado
My Bikepics.com - No Brakes, No Gears... No Fear. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Method |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Method World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Nov 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 199 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|