|
|
| Author |
Message |
| damnas |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 damnas Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 14 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:19 - 20 Apr 2006 Post subject: Test tomorrow! (Friday) |
 |
|
So nervous, really looking forward to it! but just hoping I don't fail by doing something stupid really!
Gah.  ____________________ [CBT - Passed] [Theory - Passed] [DAS - PASSED!!!] Will dance for free motorcycle
We're the weeeeest stand, we're the weeeeest stand, we're the west stand Highbury! *sheds tear* |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dink |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dink Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:02 - 20 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
All the best for tomorrow  ____________________ Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:35 - 20 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Dont do what I did on wednesday just gone  ____________________ 04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:14 - 20 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Good luck  ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| frogmella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 frogmella Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 12 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MRX Steve |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MRX Steve Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 02 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| damnas |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 damnas Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 14 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:42 - 20 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheers!
Heres hoping!
If not, ...off to the pub!
(I'll be off to the pub anyway! ) ____________________ [CBT - Passed] [Theory - Passed] [DAS - PASSED!!!] Will dance for free motorcycle
We're the weeeeest stand, we're the weeeeest stand, we're the west stand Highbury! *sheds tear* |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TOM M |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TOM M World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:16 - 21 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Good luck  ____________________ Now owner of a 1200 Bandit |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Groove |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Groove World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:41 - 21 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
For some strange deranged reason last night before going out, putting on all my bike gear i just felt like i did the morning of my bike test. No idea why, but it was a nice feeling - without the sick feeling, just the good bit.
Anyway, good luck  ____________________ || Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| damnas |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 damnas Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 14 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:05 - 21 Apr 2006 Post subject: NOOOOO! |
 |
|
Woke up at 5 this morning, after a literally sleepless night.
Did the test, rode perfectly! (so the examiner says)
But he brought me onto this road with the biggest camber I've seen in my life! And asked me to do a U-Turn on it.
Needless to say, I failed.
Ah well. Bring on the next test!
Bummed, but I'll drink it off tonight  ____________________ [CBT - Passed] [Theory - Passed] [DAS - PASSED!!!] Will dance for free motorcycle
We're the weeeeest stand, we're the weeeeest stand, we're the west stand Highbury! *sheds tear* |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GBUK101 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GBUK101 Scooby Slapper

Joined: 26 Jun 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:53 - 21 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sorry to hear that I think it's a shame that they fail you on something that you will probably never do again! ____________________ Bikes : ER-5 SOLD. ZZR600 Written off, Bandit 600 SOLD, ER6F(soon!) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gemma1675 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gemma1675 Scooby Slapper

Joined: 20 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:10 - 21 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sorry to hear that mate.
At least your riding was ok, it's frustrating that you have to wait a couple of weeks to take it again when you fail like that.
Better luck next time  ____________________ Suzuki SV650S K5
Nobody puts baby in a corner |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| damnas |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 damnas Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 14 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:57 - 21 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeh it's such a bummer
I can't even afford a re-test at the moment so it'll have to wait for a while.
Fair play tho, at the end of the day, I couldn't do a U-turn, so a retest it is! ____________________ [CBT - Passed] [Theory - Passed] [DAS - PASSED!!!] Will dance for free motorcycle
We're the weeeeest stand, we're the weeeeest stand, we're the west stand Highbury! *sheds tear* |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:51 - 21 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
It takes a big person to admit there limitations and faults, the U turn is hard enough, but on a tight or cambered road
Better luck next time  ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:29 - 21 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:42 - 21 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
There are several different 'test routes' that the examiner may choose from, your instructors should know the basics of these routes and allow you to practise on the 'known' places whereby he will ask to to E stop or U turn.
If there is a particularly hard, narrowed or cambered road that you may be asked to U turn on, any instructor worth his salts should take you there time and time again until you can nail them in the toughest conditions, therefore, any wider or flatter makes it a piece of piss
Over taking and filtering its a tough call.
I failed because I was reluctant to overtake a bus that had sopped to allow passengers to exit. The bus stop was tens of yards from the left hander that he asked me to take, therefore not wanting to start overtaking and get done for cutting in front of him as the bus may start to pull away again, the twat failed me
Its all about making safe and steady progress.
Show a bit of teddy when able to and restraint when unsafe ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| element |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 element World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| damnas |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 damnas Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 14 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:39 - 21 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hehe.
Well the ride itself went pretty well. I missed a few lifesavers but he said that wasn't that big a problem as my observation was generally pretty good.
He said that if I nail my U-turn then there really should be no problems passing the test, it's just a case of finding time, as I've got uni deadlines getting nearer and nearer, and I was looking forward to going Bandit shopping!
In a way, it is quite heartening (to an extent) to see that the examiners are being picky about bike tests.
Given the lack of safety and protection, I don't know, it's pretty annoying when you fail, but I guess it's like that for a reason.
*shrugs*
The more I think about it, the more it annoys me! I should have been sending off for a revised driving license with a little bike on the back! Instead of having to rebook. ____________________ [CBT - Passed] [Theory - Passed] [DAS - PASSED!!!] Will dance for free motorcycle
We're the weeeeest stand, we're the weeeeest stand, we're the west stand Highbury! *sheds tear* |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:19 - 21 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
It seemed pointless on to argue as the examiner laghed and said would you have sat behind the bus in your car, the answer being NO
He likes to see good progress and an ability to use the right wrist  ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dazbo666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dazbo666 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rob W |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rob W World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:46 - 23 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
My examiner actually told me before we went out if there was someone doing less than the speed limit and it was safe to get past then please do, and not to think twice about filtering. I think I ended up making about 3-4 overtakes whilst out on my test, though I must admit it is a hard one to call, because you want to be seen to be making progress but not that your a lunatic and will overtake everything.
I was lucky to pass mine first time, I got 3 minors for my observation, so if I'd missed one more lifesaver that would of been it.
When I did my test I thought I'd failed within about 2 minutes. We were going up a hill and I had to make a right turn, which was right at the crest of the hill and out of sight. Anyway I went and when I looked in the mirror the examiner hadn't, so I just assumed he thought it was unsafe and that I'd failed. I rode the rest of the test with the raging 'ump, f'ing and blinding the whole time and not really paying much attention to the test because I was so pissed off that I'd spent all that money on my test, had my bike waiting and I'd failed. Got back and he asked me some questions on taking pillions and told me I'd passed, I couldn't believe it!
Good luck with your test mate, just need to believe in yourself. I know that sounds cheesy but if you know you can do it, then just keep telling yourself that and you'll be fine.
 ____________________ '90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| damnas |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 damnas Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 14 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:41 - 25 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
""""I rode the rest of the test with the raging 'ump, f'ing and blinding the whole time and not really paying much attention to the test because I was so pissed off that I'd spent all that money on my test, had my bike waiting and I'd failed.""""
Haha, this is so true, after my U-turn I was riding like that, not really giving a balls about the test because I knew I'd failed anyway. Got back to the centre and he didn't even mention it, if anything he said my riding picked up after the U-turn!!
Anyway, booked my re-test, £163...!
My wallets feeling considerably empty, and I'm just hoping I pass this time!
I wont have ridden a motorcycle in about a month by the time of my test tho....
 ____________________ [CBT - Passed] [Theory - Passed] [DAS - PASSED!!!] Will dance for free motorcycle
We're the weeeeest stand, we're the weeeeest stand, we're the west stand Highbury! *sheds tear* |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:51 - 25 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Good luck fella  ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 166 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|