|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Smooth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Smooth Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pernig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pernig World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Jul 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:04 - 11 Dec 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sidi Black Rain Evo are very tough for what they are. Armour on the front of the shin part and on the ankle. They're also pretty comfy to walk in, if a little sweaty sometimes. I've had mine for 4 years and they are tatty and worn on the sole, but as comfy and warm as ever. They have protected my feet in a couple of minor offs.
If I were to get some new boots to use all year round I would buy another pair of these. ____________________ H100 Breaking for spares |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Smooth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Smooth Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:30 - 11 Dec 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| MC Bodge wrote: |
that's the beauty of an internet forum!
Did the Black Rain leak through the leather or through the seams/sole? |
They leaked where the sole meets the uppers, I've tried everything I can to stop them doing it but the only thing that worked for a short time was plugging the sole/uppers interface with dubbin. Eventually that was washed away and they leaked again, plus I shouldn't have to do that for a so-called waterproof boot.
I am looking for a truly waterproof boot, I'm not as worried about protection, although some would be nice. The other problem with the Black Rain is that the sole doesn't wrap around the toe either, if you stub your toe it is easy to pull the sole away slightly and again they leak.
I've been told that the Alpinestars SMX-R Goretex are OK but pricey.
I'll keep looking, although Gore-tex is a must, as it's the only true waterproof membrane, shell-tex and similar leak, trust me I know through experience.
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Smooth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Smooth Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Smooth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Smooth Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| evoboy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 evoboy World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mystery |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mystery World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dextersaurus |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dextersaurus World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Mar 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Seb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Seb World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Jul 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:28 - 12 Dec 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I can't comment on the sturdyness of them as I'm yet to crash in them but my Astars SMX4 WPs are supremely waterproof, unless I'm in jeans and the water gets in through the top of the boot my feet stay bone dry regardless of how hard it's hammering down
Only gripe is the outer velcro is a little weedy. When I do replace them it'll either be for SMX5 WPs or a pair of Daytonas if I'm feeling frisky  ____________________ 2010 Triumph 1050 Sprint ST |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LeeR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LeeR World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:17 - 12 Dec 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Having worn a pair of Sidi Evo Black Rain in torrential rain, I can say with all honesty that they are not 100% waterproof, they will eventually leak at the toe between the upper and the sole.
I also had a RTC in them which ended with 9 fractures of my left foot. After the accident I bought a pair of Sidi Mega Gore boots, higher levels of protection and 100% waterproof, double the price but if I ever end up in a RTC again I will be wearing a "better" boot. ____________________ My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:47 - 12 Dec 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 300 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|