Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Aprilia Tuono 125cc

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

vjezerick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:10 - 03 Dec 2011    Post subject: Aprilia Tuono 125cc Reply with quote

Hi guys. Hope you're all well.

I have recently bought my aprilia "april" heh and there's has been afew problems along the way.

#1 I heared the starter motor sound(when you press the ignition button) when I pulled up, at the lights.

#2 in third gear(sometimes 2nd) just as I'm about to hit power band the bike cuts out.

solution: i checked the rave valve and there was half of the circle missing, so I replaced it with a new part.

#3 now that I thought I fixed the issue, I attempt to start the bike up and noticed there was petrol firing out into the exhaust and when I took the exhaust off previous to fitting the RAVE VALVE, there was plenty of petrol in the actual exhaust. I'm talking PLENTY. almost all full of petrol.

attempted solution: I removed the carb and check it out, there was a piece of red type hard material in there, not in a position of harm, but, there non- the less. I removed that and re-fitted the carb and went onto decoke the piston head.

that's basically it, i have no idea what's going on. My main concern is the petrol and where it is going.

any speculation would be massivelty appreicated.

take care, Dan.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

vjezerick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 05 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-one has any ideas. anybody? :[
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:58 - 05 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

vjezerick wrote:
no-one has any ideas. anybody? :[


I don't think you've described the issues very well... So you're saying a piece of your exhaust valve has gone missing? And the exhaust is very full of fuel? And there was a piece of plastic in your carburettor?

Jeez, sounds like it's been looked after by a right monkey. I assume the bike is out of warranty?
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

vjezerick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:20 - 06 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
vjezerick wrote:
no-one has any ideas. anybody? :[


I don't think you've described the issues very well... So you're saying a piece of your exhaust valve has gone missing? And the exhaust is very full of fuel? And there was a piece of plastic in your carburettor?

Jeez, sounds like it's been looked after by a right monkey. I assume the bike is out of warranty?


i replaced the part of the rave valve that was damaged that was my initial thought as to why the exhaust chamber is puking petrol into the pipe. it's not though.

sorry, i'm not that well educated.

the bike is out of warranty.

what would be the first thing to check if petrol is mass flowing where it shouldnt be, or, if it should be flowing into the pipe, why is it flowing so much?

thank you for replying, man. many thanks Very Happy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:30 - 06 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, i'm not that well educated.

For that line you deserve all the help you need Smile

Have you cleaned the carb, air filter, can you tell us more about the bike age and condition ?

How olds the sparkplug ?

Checked the fuel line is in A 1 conidtion ..

That will do for now Thumbs Up
____________________
Jogging on, destination living.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:04 - 06 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

vjezerick wrote:



sorry, i'm not that well educated.


Well, if that is true it honestly doesn't show. You can write, and spell and can describe things better than a lot of people, its just that with three problems going on at once, its a little confusing to try to diagnose the ultimate issue. I'll have a think about it and get back to you... I am pretty flummoxed by what you're saying. I think I'd need more detailed knowledge of Tuonos/RS125's to give you a proper answer. There must be a common thread here, but I can't see what it is. Or, you've bought a lemon and there are three seperate problems!
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:08 - 06 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding a piece of 'stuff' in the carb explains the petrol.
This part probably jammed the float open.
The float stops fuel coming down to the carb from the tank when the carb is full - so if this is jammed open, fuel will keep flowing down.
As it's a 2 stroke, fuel can flow right through from the inlet to the exhaust. This isn't uncommon.

Note in future that when you've got the carb off it's worth cleaning out the jets. Take each jet of indivdually, inspect it by eye and blow through it hard by placing it between your lips (so it's sealed) and giving a decent puff out.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:15 - 06 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If petrol is flowing to the exhaust then it may be worth checking your oil to make sure the petrol hasn't seeped past the piston rings and into the crank case. When I had my TDR250 I had a similar issue with fuel in the exhausts, can't remember the cause though, a few years without a stroker and my mind is blank!
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:25 - 06 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
a few years without a stroker and my mind is blank!

It would seem so! Wink
Being a 2 stroke you'd be just as worried about the fuel flowing FROM the crankcase past the piston rings INTO the combustion chamber, as fuel is first drawn into the crankcase on most 2 strokes. (And thus 2 stroke oil is added to the fuel to lubricate the crank case.)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:33 - 06 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused I really am confused then, I'll take this opportunity to STFU and stop offering advice Laughing
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:42 - 06 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gAgQvbXCkxQ/TSOvje5ZKnI/AAAAAAAAACw/cKFpF0H_mWI/s1600/2+stroke.gif

The crank case area is used to pressurise the fuel/air mixture and force it into the combustion chamber.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:49 - 06 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it goes I remember my dad explaining something like that when I had my TS50, probably should have listened better!
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:35 - 06 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wait a minute... Now you've removed the hard red substance from the carb... Is there still fuel coming out of the exhaust? If not, then I suspect you've fixed it. If yes, then there is something else wrong.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

vjezerick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 24 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
So wait a minute... Now you've removed the hard red substance from the carb... Is there still fuel coming out of the exhaust? If not, then I suspect you've fixed it. If yes, then there is something else wrong.


This is a super late reply. been so busy lately. After I removed the substance from the carb, the fuel did continue to spit out into the exhaust. I haven't been able to do anymore on the bike, so, there's no updates.

as far, as I know; the carb is my problem. but, I can understand why there is fuel after the explosion :/. (if that's how it works).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:43 - 24 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a picture of what you removed from the carb?
____________________
'06 Honda CBR125RW-6 ~ '00 Honda CBR600F-Y ~ '07 Honda CBR600RR-7 ~ Bikeless Sad
'53 Ford Ka 1.3 ~ '03 Vauxhall Astra SRi 1.8 ~ '52 Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.2 ~ '53 Vauxhall Astra GSi
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

vjezerick
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:21 - 24 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noxious89123 wrote:
Got a picture of what you removed from the carb?


No. Imagine a 1cm squared stone. but, red and semi-transparent.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 286 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.45 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 93.02 Kb