Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


CBF125 Idle Speed Screw Location

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Snop Doog
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:24 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: CBF125 Idle Speed Screw Location Reply with quote

~2009 Honda CBF 125


I have yet to buy a manual for this bike because I'm poor.


Anyway, nothings wrong with the bike, well there might be but it doesn't really bother me. But now that I've mentioned it I may as well explain it.

Ever since I've had the CBF its lights (dash, headlight, tail lights) dim and brighten up very quickly in the same fashion that the engine idles. Everything's fine when the bike idles after it has a cold start up as the RPMs are relatively higher but once it settles the lights do their thing. I've got two other friends with CBFs, ones a 2008 model and the other's a 2015 model. They both do the exact same thing. This leads me to believe that they all do it and it's got something to do with the fact that this bikes lights are powered by the alternator?

The main purpose of this thread was to see if there are any CBF owners who know the location of the idle screw as the only YouTube comment I found about it didn't really help me.

A picture of it would be greatly appreciated.

TL:DR: Anybody got a picture of the CBF's idle screw? - Google, YouTube and my brain haven't helped me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ForestRunner
Nova Slayer



Joined: 13 May 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:24 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't one.
Fuel injected. The lambda sensor is on the front of the engine near the horn.
IIRC this can cause problems with idle and feeling in general.
____________________
Slowly learning...
CBF125 Red (Stolen) -> CBF125 White -> 1999 Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Snop Doog
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:20 - 18 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForestRunner wrote:
There isn't one.
Fuel injected. The lambda sensor is on the front of the engine near the horn.
IIRC this can cause problems with idle and feeling in general.


Thanks!

Hmm, that's great. So the CBF's idle speed can't be adjusted?

Also, what can cause problems with idle and feeling?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

finniee
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:47 - 20 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought something was dodgy with my cbf lights when I first got it.

I took it down to the wall when it was dark and let it idle, then I applied a little bit of throttle and the lights got brighter.
____________________
Honda CBF125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Taught2BCauti...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:37 - 20 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably can't adjust the idle-air mixture, but there should be a throttle stop screw somewhere on the throttle body to adjust the idle speed.

Remove the right-hand cover and have a look at the throttle body, and you should be able to see a small hex-headed screw with a lock-nut that adjusts the position where the throttle valve (butterfly valve) comes to rest.

There are other things that can affect the idle speed on those though - so remove and check your spark plug to see if it running lean or rich, and check your air filter.

Valve clearances are also known to cause idle speed problems.

You might get better help from a specific forum or blog - try This One.
____________________
Honda Varadero XL125(V8)
www.TheFutureIsHere.eu
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:48 - 20 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a gander at this guy's blog - he's done a fair bit on his CBF125 :-

https://www.bikesandtravels.com/biker.aspx?ride=488
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Snop Doog
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:42 - 20 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies!

I mean, there's nothing wrong with the way the bike idles, I just wanted to have a play around to see if I could get the lights to stop being so difficult.

It seems finniee's got the same problem (if it is a problem?) that I have.

Seeing as my bike doesn't have a tachometer, I can't tell if it's running to slowly or too quickly in the first place. I mean, I could make a sound recording of the engine if that helps.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

finniee
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 20 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-20 Havoc wrote:
Thanks for the replies!

I mean, there's nothing wrong with the way the bike idles, I just wanted to have a play around to see if I could get the lights to stop being so difficult.

It seems finniee's got the same problem (if it is a problem?) that I have.

Seeing as my bike doesn't have a tachometer, I can't tell if it's running to slowly or too quickly in the first place. I mean, I could make a sound recording of the engine if that helps.


Its not a problem, just the way it is I suppose.
https://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/upload/253776/images/14honda-cbf125.jpg
I'm guessing this is what your dash looks like.
____________________
Honda CBF125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snop Doog
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:48 - 20 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

finniee wrote:


Its not a problem, just the way it is I suppose.
https://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/upload/253776/images/14honda-cbf125.jpg
I'm guessing this is what your dash looks like.


Yep, except only one light works as I only replaced the Speedo's dashlight as none of them worked when I bought it Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

finniee
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:05 - 20 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could go up in 10s for every gear like you do in a car to be honest.
____________________
Honda CBF125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snop Doog
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:22 - 20 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

finniee wrote:
You could go up in 10s for every gear like you do in a car to be honest.


Why would I do that? I have no issue changing gears? Lol.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

finniee
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 20 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-20 Havoc wrote:
finniee wrote:
You could go up in 10s for every gear like you do in a car to be honest.


Why would I do that? I have no issue changing gears? Lol.


re-read your last post about your unsure if its running too slow or quick. My mistake I thought you ment how were you suppose to change gear like rpms. If you make a sound recording I should be able to help.
____________________
Honda CBF125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snop Doog
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:24 - 21 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

finniee wrote:

re-read your last post about your unsure if its running too slow or quick. My mistake I thought you ment how were you suppose to change gear like rpms. If you make a sound recording I should be able to help.


No worries. Yeah I'll make a sound recording tomorrow.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:25 - 21 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I be the first to say. "If it aint broke, don't fix it.".

Doesn't sound like anything is broke to me so put the screwdriver down and step away from the vehicle.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Snop Doog
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:07 - 21 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Can I be the first to say. "If it aint broke, don't fix it.".

Doesn't sound like anything is broke to me so put the screwdriver down and step away from the vehicle.


But... Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.63 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 90.21 Kb