|
|
| Author |
Message |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:52 - 05 Dec 2005 Post subject: Pitted forks + Araldite = result! |
 |
|
Wooo, very nice. Cleaned up and degreased the forks, covered the pits in Araldite (Precision) and left it to set for a couple of days. Sanded it level with wet & dry, then polished up with Autosol and chrome cleaner.
For a few days work (mostly spent waiting for the Araldite), I've got a perfectly smooth working section of this fork, smooth as the original chrome itself. I've got some gaiters too, so job done.
Stinkwheel, I owe you one.
Total cost: £2.99 Tube of Autosol + £3.49 Araldite Precision + 49p Wet and dry = £6.97.
A new fork stanchion would have cost at least £70.  ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Andy C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Andy C Tree Seeking Missile

Joined: 26 Apr 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:01 - 05 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
They're on my '87 VT500 I got for 450 notes a little while ago. The DVLA got the V5 back in pretty rapid time, so now all I need to do is get the swingarm welded up/ replaced and I'll be ready to go.
I'll see what I can do about a picture. ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| loply |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 loply World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:06 - 05 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Pitted forks and a swingarm that needs welding?
Better stick to 30 zones on that thing. ____________________ Yamaha SZR660 Caution to the wind, the throttle pinned! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:09 - 05 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hotdog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hotdog Nearly there...

Joined: 28 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|