Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Why do ped & RS125 riders think they don't need gear

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message
kawakid This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:09 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyones different.

It's their choice not yours, deal with it...

Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:20 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half the couriers in London seem to be on CB500s with just jeans, T-shirt (now obviously a jacket on top) and no gloves.

So there.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:28 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had casual clothes in the summer i had shorts & ts i didn't come off thank god but it was my choice, & it's not illegal to ride without leathers or gloves, But when i get my 400 i will wear leathers all the time.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yorkshirelad3
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:42 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have posted before about this, now i dont care what other riders wear, its their skin, i personally wear underpads, jeans, boots jacket gloves lid. Im fine with that, but youd probly say im an idiot cos i dont wear leather trousers or a back protector.

N e way, i say a kid on a ped last week or so, his riding gear was, helmet, gloves, textile jacket, shorts and sandles!


I could help but laugh at the fact we obviously only get hurt on our upper bodies these days!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cliff
Doctor Sicknote



Joined: 11 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:51 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paivi wrote:

So there.


What are you like 10?! Rolling Eyes
____________________
Sweet reggae music.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:55 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! My reply to the stupid generalisation only too common on this site.

So there! Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:57 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went and forked out £800 on protective gear.
I still zoom round wearing hoodie and trackies if the urge takes me - useful for if you're going somewhere where leathers would make you look a bit daft.

If I can choose to ride a bike and risk death, I can also choose to wear less than a full metal suit of armour, and risk injury.

Smile
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:42 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a good one, I cant remember the last time I saw a ped rider in bike gear ??? perhaps the road is softer if your on a ped Laughing

p.s. I wear full leathers EVERY time I ride Exclamation safety first kids Thumbs Up
____________________
**************Honda CBR 600 FR***********
Just another day in paradise - Enjoy it while it lasts
www.brain-ache.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:48 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was labouring i used to drive home on my zx6r in just shorts and trainers. Damn it felt good pulling a wheelie wearing nothing. Twisted Evil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:53 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why do ped & RS125 riders think they don't need gear


Lack of awareness? Stupidity? The fantasy of invicibility?.......

I wonder if they'd keep doing it when they come off and the first thing they do is put out their hands to cushion the fall. Mmmmm, skinless hands......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:59 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why people would want to ride with no gear on. and yes I bet it does feel really good. but on the other hand I can also imagine what it feels like to hit the road without proper gear on.

when I way the two up leather wins hands down (excuse the pun)
____________________
**************Honda CBR 600 FR***********
Just another day in paradise - Enjoy it while it lasts
www.brain-ache.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jon p
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 13 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:32 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to ride a ped and i had a protective jacket and gloves but most of mates didnt till they fell off. but now winter is coming i definitely buying a good set of leathers and boots.

and i do know what it is like to go over the handlebars Laughing didnt have any damage to me, just a bit sore in the morning.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cliff
Doctor Sicknote



Joined: 11 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:42 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convinience is my answer. Paivi - Fair Play! Laughing
____________________
Sweet reggae music.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:57 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crashed once, slid off 3 times and was hit twice. Didn't graze any part of my body. Cool

Oh and i am invincible. Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:00 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:
Lack of awareness? Stupidity? The fantasy of invicibility?.......

I wonder if they'd keep doing it when they come off and the first thing they do is put out their hands to cushion the fall. Mmmmm, skinless hands......

Laziness i'd say is the main one. It's not just "ped boi's" that you see doing it, i see plenty of people bombing through my town on big bikes wearing t shirts and the like.
The only reason you see people wearing full kit on ride outs is because A) They've probably ridden quite a way B) They bought a bike to have fun on, not just because they need the transport, so it's more than likely they are passionate about what they are doing and would prefer to wear kit so they can carry on doing it for longer.

Where are all the threads about the grizzly bearded chopper riders that wear vests and open face helmets? There is none...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was on the ped (restricted Angelic ) I spent #130 on a jacket and #30 on gloves. I came off twice in low-speed lowsides and really I thought that was all I needed. The jacket was and is superb, absorbs everything, and the gloves saved my hands both from frostbite and from having no skin. Trousers wise, I never even got around to buying some waterproof ones Shocked Laughing so every now and then my legs got soakedx, but that was my choice I suppose. Rolling Eyes On my off, I damaged my knee a little bit as my only injury, but the trousers are still OK (they were not strong) and I gashed my knee a bit, which sorted itself out in a couple of weeks, no worse than what I've had from playing hockey on astro.

I wouldn't go around without a jacket on, because in my experience it's the first thing to land if you come off. On my 2nd off I landed entirely on my left shoulder and although the jacket did its job well, I had to have some physio and anti inflammatories because the whole thing seized up. If I hadn't had the jacket, I don't want to know what the result would have been.

Oh and I have a helmet. Mr. Green

Suprisingly I see plenty of peds round here that wear the right stuff. Most buy jacket and gloves, and some wear trousers. Doesn't really seem to be a problem to me. You get the R6 riders in silly season who do the same..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:12 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Re: Why do ped & RS125 riders think they don't need gea Reply with quote

mondeokid wrote:


The thing that annoys me, is that my ride to work is all 30 mile an hour roads (virtualy) and I kit up to the works, so if i need it at 30 why don't they.


why does it annoy you Confused
they could ride naked for all I care !

But generally speaking ped riders are All highly skilled so will never fall off hence no need for protection Laughing
____________________
Yeah I know !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Dude
Crazy Courier



Joined: 04 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:14 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i had my RS125 last year i always wore gloves, boots and a bike jacket, and a lid of course. But then again, i was 29 at the time and not some idiot teenager Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chriss
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:17 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yorkshirelad3 wrote:
i personally wear underpads


Anyone else read that as "I personally wear underpants"?
____________________
TheShaggyDA: I've got 3 or 4 pairs that predate my wife, so at least 11.5 years old.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Dude
Crazy Courier



Joined: 04 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:19 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did, for a split second.lol
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:23 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

On really hot days I go commando while wearing a skirt... Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 10 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:35 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paivi wrote:
On really hot days I go commando while wearing a skirt... Wink

Doesnt that get a bit draughty.....and what if you come off everyone would see Embarassed Laughing Embarassed Wink
____________________
Ride with the music!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

0ddball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked And i thought getting flies in my face was bad!
____________________
ZXR750L
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile



Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know what it is lately but so many threads that say one catagory of bikers are all t*ats, mainly about scooters aswell,

yea i think it is true that most scooter riders are chavs, there are so sensible one that arnt (i had a ped and am not a chav) but if a chav wears just a t-shirt while riding, do you really care? i dont and if someone is sensible they will buy all the gear, i wore gloves, biking jacket all the time when i was on a ped and all the time on my RS125, when i get paid im getting some leather trousers and boots aswell as is a priority now.

i know its annoying and annoys me a lot aswell but just let them get on with it is what i think!
____________________
99 RS125 --> 02 SV650s --> 03 Speed Four --> 92 RXS100 --> 93 CB400sf --> 01 CB600f Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 338 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.89 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 130.82 Kb