Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My trackbike - the tarting up is complete!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: My trackbike - the tarting up is complete! Reply with quote

As you may know, I bought an R6 trackbike a couple of months ago. I didn't initially plan on doing anything to it, as it was already sorted (braided hoses, steering damper, clips ons, rear sets etc) but then I decided it didn't look shiny enough! Thinking

When I found someone to fix the fairing damage to my GSXR I asked him about spraying the standard white track panels a different colour, on the R6. He quoted me £150, which seemed reasonable. So, about a month ago I took all the fairings and panels off the bike and left them with him while I went on holiday for two weeks. I also ordered some graphics from RS Graphics. I got the fairing back last Sunday evening and applied all the graphics (in as non-wonky way as possible Eh? ), but due to the crappy/dark weather haven't had the chance to put the fairings back on until today.

The results are below (before, during and after) and I'm well chuffed. As much as anything I'm happy that I managed to put the seven hundred and twenty two screws I took out of the bike a month ago back in the right places with hardly any swearing...

Roll on Silverstone next week!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yzf750r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking VERY nice! Shocked Thumbs Up

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:12 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's looking good mate Thumbs Up

Have you taken it out on the track yet?

Dilly
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:14 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool nice Thumbs Up

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice mate Thumbs Up

Delvard
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:20 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job Thumbs Up
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
Have you taken it out on the track yet?

Nope, providing the weather's good I'll be busting my cherry on it next weekend Thumbs Up

You know you want to track your CBR! Wink

LukeVFR wrote:
Very nice, now go low side it. Thumbs Up Laughing

Pah, if you're going to do it, do it properly and highside it! Wink Not that I'm paranoid, but I fitted the R&G fork protectors today too...

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:26 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
You know you want to track your CBR! Wink

I'd love to - can't buy the bugger back Crying or Very sad

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:30 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, still not sure about my side stand - at the mo am wondering if I might get a quicker sale if I put it back on the road.

If you want a 'spares' bike with a half decent spec could do you a very good deal Wink.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Sorry, still not sure about my side stand - at the mo am wondering if I might get a quicker sale if I put it back on the road.

No worries, I picked one up off eBay for about a tenner (just haven't got the right bolts to re-attach it).

G wrote:
If you want a 'spares' bike with a half decent spec could do you a very good deal Wink.

Not sure I can justify that! Got a shed load of spares with it, so hopefull I'll be okay. I thought you had a few people interested in yours, did no-one come through?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:35 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:

Not sure I can justify that! Got a shed load of spares with it, so hopefull I'll be okay. I thought you had a few people interested in yours, did no-one come through?

Not so far, partly my fault. Will try another push with some adds up in a day or two.

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooooooo nice

although the reds dont seem to match Neutral (tank)
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groovearmada wrote:
oooooooooo nice

although the reds dont seem to match Neutral (tank)

They don't, Yamaha don't do a great job of releasing their colours (apparently). It's actually the red from some eastern European car maker (who I've never heard of, Dacia or something?! Confused ). The tank is in standard Yamaha colours.. It's not perfect, but close enough. Thumbs Up

(Well done for spotting it though. Bastard!)

beefy
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 19:55 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

well played good finish

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike you have there Silver.

Good luck at Silverstone Thumbs Up

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, that should make a very cool trackday weapon. Shocked Thumbs Up

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:47 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to take the decals off the tank (except the Yamaha logo) for continuity?

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:

Well done for spotting it though. Bastard!

Wink Mr. Green
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

riichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks well nice fella, Thumbs Up

i want one Mr. Green

fast_tzr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:18 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice for a track bike, now just make sure you don't drop it on your first outing, or ride slowly. I hate seeing bikes tarted up, only to discover they cant actually be ridden for shit!

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:47 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love it much more if you just splashed paint all over it. Sort of the "I don't give a crap how my track bike looks like, there's no hot chicks to impress with it, I jsut use it to ride faster and faster"

Sorry, I just don't see much point to be honest, but it does look nice.

I'd jsut slap myself if I binned it the next day, ruining the £150 spray job.

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very nice!
Dunno about the rest of you, but it feels such a shame to see such a beautiful bike go to a trackday. Well atleast there will be lots of people admiring it. Stay safe on the track!

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 23:53 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mate really like it Cool

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 06 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
I'd jsut slap myself if I binned it the next day, ruining the £150 spray job.

Well if I did it'd look no worse than before it was sprayed! I wouldn't slap myself as much as if I'd binned my GSXR damaging the OEM £1000+ fairings! Wink

Aikman666 wrote:
Dunno about the rest of you, but it feels such a shame to see such a beautiful bike go to a trackday. Well atleast there will be lots of people admiring it. Stay safe on the track!

As above. The full set of race plastics cost about £300, add £150 for spraying and you're still no-where near the cost of chucking a mint roadbike down the track. Let's hope I don't find out the hard way...!

california_rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:59 - 06 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. I'm planning on doing the same with my GSX-R but in black. I'll have my fingers crossed for you on your next track day.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 177 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2