Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Ugh! Ugh!!! Can't believe it!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Delvard
Traffic Copper



Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:13 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Ugh! Ugh!!! Can't believe it!! Reply with quote

Ugh Evil or Very Mad I was MEANT to fly out this morning and buy a bike in Manchester. For reasons far to dull to mention I had to cancel the flight until tomorrow. Good that I did! Why? Up until an hour ago I'd decided not to do an hpi check. (I know I know) Anyway good ol' commonsense prevailed and I just did one. Result?

VRM currently recorded as having outstanding finance

Shocked Shocked Shocked

The finance house is Black Horse It was strongly suggested that I contact the finance house which I did. Here's the score: The bike was purchased with a Black horse loan. So they don't have an interest in the bike, but have an (obvious) interest in the monies.
BUT the Hpi report will still state VRM currently recorded as having outstanding finance until he pays it off. Possibly upsetting a future sale by myself if he doesn't pay up.
So what do I do? Go to the bank with him to see him pay it off? What sort of proof would I need to see? Just forget it?
Such a load of crap this, so peed off.

Andy Confused
____________________
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pj25
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:19 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound's to me like it would be more hassle than it's worth.

walk away while you can. Thumbs Up
____________________
wasnt me, honest!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, sorry to hear that buddy, man that msut be one hell of a let down.

I'm not sure how you would go about paying it off, if you could do it at a bank and not over the phone then I may be persuaded to buy it but I wouldn't take his word for it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Savage-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:21 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thaught i was going to have to tell you, "yes, it actually isnt butter"' Laughing
____________________
My Bikes - - - Royal Enfield 500 with sidecar, VFR800, CBR600FX,
Peugeot Speedfight 100, Kymco Hipster 125, GSXR750K5, Jawa TS 350
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:22 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all sounds distinctly dodgy to me. Have you put a deposit down? Might be worth talking to him; use open-ended questions and see what he comes up with.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:22 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone up the seller and ask if he was going to bother telling you about the finance, then tell him to stick it up his stupid scaming arse..

If somebody is basicly trying to commit fraud against you then you dont buy anything off them... might even be worth mentioning it to the police, or at least telling him your going to Twisted Evil


If the HPI check was linked to the bike then afaik they still own it, or can reposess it if its not payed off, not even worth risking either way...

There are plenty more bikes with desperate sellers at this time of year.
____________________
>RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:25 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is though if the bike itself isn't fiananced; he just took a loan out to pay for it, does it make any difference? Surely it's just him that takes the debt, not the bike? Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely if it is just a loan, it should not be linked to the bike? They can only legally cause you problems if the loan was secured on the bike. As such, it would seem that the loan being recorded on a HPI check is the same as it containing "has not paid his visa bill this month, and owes his mum £20".

I could be wrong, these things are often very confused and unfair.
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pj25
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:31 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

HPI report's are not alway's correct either. He may have actually paid the loan off, but someone at blackhorse has forgotten to do the paperwork!!
____________________
wasnt me, honest!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:32 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think any bike is worth flying out to either
there must be some decent bikes near you
autotrader and ebay allow you to search for bikes near your postcode
you specifiy how far out you want it to look
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Delvard
Traffic Copper



Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:53 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie_biker wrote:
It all sounds distinctly dodgy to me. Have you put a deposit down? Might be worth talking to him; use open-ended questions and see what he comes up with.


No deposit or anything. I'm going to call him in about 10mins, see what he's got to say.....
____________________
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:07 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green Thumbs Up Anticipating a good reply!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Delvard
Traffic Copper



Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delvard wrote:
Rookie_biker wrote:
It all sounds distinctly dodgy to me. Have you put a deposit down? Might be worth talking to him; use open-ended questions and see what he comes up with.


No deposit or anything. I'm going to call him in about 10mins, see what he's got to say.....


..."Hey what, it shouldn't be!" Was the initial response Mr. Green Middle Finger "It's my personal loan it shouldn't show up on a hpi check " Mr. Green Thumbs Up The fawker.
I explained my position. No way was I going to buy a bike with a duff hpi report. I f he could get it sorted and pay me the money for the next hpi report-brilliant. If not-Merry Chrisytmas.

Guess thats it then Neutral
____________________
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:14 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky dude, bet you're better off this way.

Find a bike closer to you - this may be a blessing in disguise.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Delvard
Traffic Copper



Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:17 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
Unlucky dude, bet you're better off this way.

Find a bike closer to you - this may be a blessing in disguise.


Actually...I've seen a nice one in Northern Ireland. Honest Mr. Green
____________________
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:48 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I wouldn't have a problem buying that bike. They can't take the bike away from you. And assuming you plan on keeping it for more than 30 seconds, then it shouldn't show any problems with selling it.

But if you're laying out a fair bit of money, there's no point buying anything less than perfect.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:00 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I sold my SV650 I still had finance owing. I paid it off over the phone there and then and got the woman on the end of the phone to confirm it to him.

Black Horse and Motorcycle Shitty both told me the finance was the same as a personal loan and the bike would not go on the HPi register when I bought it.

Obviously its bollocks. Buy the bike and get the bloke to pay the loan back while you are there. Thumbs Up
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler



Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:11 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly the way forward is to get a personal loan when you buy a bike, not get finance on the bike!
____________________
Yamaha TDM 850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, I've never understood why people get fianance on bikes. Surely interest rates are much higher than getting a personal loan as well. Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Old Geeza
Back in my day...



Joined: 25 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God I paid CASH for both of mine then - eh Thumbs Up

At least I know I truly own them outright Razz

As far as I'm aware, there's nothing wrong with buying a bike which still has outstanding payments on it, so long as the seller keeps up the repayments after he/she has sold it.

I'm not sure how the law would stand. But I think the seller would be in more trouble than you for selling it on in the first place Confused

Please don't flame me for this reply, it was just something I thought of. I might be completely wrong Razz



____________________
Horse Power was safer when the Horses had it!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:38 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, they can take the bike off you.

My Dad had some issue with buying a CBR6 off ebay which had finance owing. There was some hassle getting it sorted out with Black Horse etc but he got it in the end.

I also knew someone else who after owning a CBR4 for 9 months or so suddenly had a finance company coming after him for the bike, for previous un-paid finance

If in any doubt walk away.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Very true, I've never understood why people get fianance on bikes. Surely interest rates are much higher than getting a personal loan as well

Perhaps because the bike came with 0% finance Question If mine didnt i wouldnt of bothered buying it.
Cant see a problem buying the bike aslong as the owner settles his finance. Wink
____________________
Cbr1100xx blackbird gone, mk4 golf gt tdi chav now
Colin1 wrote 'Im grateful for what i can get, which isnt all that much.'
Columbus travel insurance are crap!! Do not use!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:19 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always check the HPI.

Luckily someone on the mondeo forum (please don't have a go), i love bikes but know more about cars. Managed to get me one for free.

He sent me all the info.

It wasn't official like HPI, he just showed me what his work computer said, which is good enough for me.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:41 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't plan on ever getting finance or a loan for a bike. If I want a bike I can save and buy it with cash.

No point in getting in debt for a bike.
____________________
Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile



Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:47 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to be a little of topic here but how much is a HPI check? (i know what it is just not how much contact details etc etc)

hope you get it sorted. whats the bike?
____________________
99 RS125 --> 02 SV650s --> 03 Speed Four --> 92 RXS100 --> 93 CB400sf --> 01 CB600f Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 308 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.52 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 130.31 Kb